The match was played on Germany 1!

Ggs!

8tTsCuY.jpg

th1kd6j.jpg

5kYknlP.jpg

6f0cjTK.jpg

j0KEaLc.jpg
  2. WRL Stream - Final

Made a short teamfight compilation from the match today! Ggs Spain & grandpalini!

3. Patch Notes e1.1.1 & Beta Hotfix

@Devs the easiest fix to make tournaments and overall all NPCs in 1v1 harder to kill is heavily increasy their turn speed. It is so easy to just walk in a circle around them and they can't turn fast enough to even face/attack you in 1v1. Make NPCs able to turn as fast as players can and there will be alot more challenge. If slow turning for NPCs is made on purpose increase turning speed with athletic skill at least so that the stronger elite opponents at least can keep up with players.
    This needs a fix. It's just the turn rate really, I don't think AI will look that much more stupid if it could just turn a bit faster, or if it took a step back when you're rotating around it.

Perhaps then adding gladiators as well as the lords and companions to tournaments and remove all the basic recruits etc that fight in them. I feel Tournaments should be a fun challenge currently since the change its just a breeze for people with experience even on challenge difficulty. Just a suggestion. :smile:
    This.
  4. Beta Branch Patch Notes e1.2.0

No, if you never lose caravans you get an infinite income that stacks from many caravans, eventually you will get stupid income a day.
    I think the solution here is to give us the ability to protect caravan routes... patrols dedicated to eradicating bandits/hideouts? Don't build caravan routes with a lot of bandits/near territory of faction at war.
    If we can control a safe route for our caravans, then they may survive more.
    Honestly, I did 2 save games, had 2 caravans in each putting in a few hours into each save game. None of the caravans brought anything but negative income, bar the first week after creation.

Has to be some middle grounds. Like you said, I wouldn't mind controlling routes, perhaps even allowing one to send patrols with them or stack them with more units, making them slower (being targets of lords), but safer from those stacks of 40 steppe bandits roaming the wilds.
  5. Beta Branch Patch Notes e1.2.0

It seems there's no point getting caravans anymore, they're just a huge drain on your economy - ruining caravans ruins the town's economies, therefor also making trading irrelevant. If you can't trade, you can't get enough money for caravans, and if caravans are useless, all you got left is killing looters.

To top it off, even though I win literally every tournament I play, it's even hard to sell the helmets I get because it takes 1/3rd of the town's money, if they have any at all, giving me no economical boost. It's really only good for the renown bonus, and nothing else. So I completely ignore all tournaments.

I do however have better performance and much less crashes, which I like.

And - like everyone else - #BringBackTheBetterAI
  6. [WNL7] Division A - Semi Finals | Deadline: 23/04

Scar said:
    Can someone from ToiBois confirm that?
    I'm not captain or anything, but I know at least 4, perhaps 5, players that won't play at all, and considering the roster size, I guess we won't play.
  7. Community Stats Patch and Competitive scene state

OliESC said:
    Calculations
    We have to consider the actual damage though, to get some perspective.
    Code:
    raw_damage = (bow_damage + arrow_damage) * (archery_wpf * 0.01 * 0.15 + 0.85) * (min(power_draw, difficulty + 4) * 0.14 + 1) + strength / 5.0

So you get, from a (strongbow + barbed arrows) vs (nomad bow + barbed arrows) - in other words, Vaegir archer vs Sarranid archer
    52.25 = (23 + 2) * (150 * 0.01 * 0.15 + 0.85) * (6 * 0.14 + 1) + 14 / 5
    43.20 = (20 + 2) * (150 * 0.01 * 0.15 + 0.85) * (5 * 0.14 + 1) + 15 / 5
    This doesn't take into regard speed, soaking and other modifiers. So there's a difference of roughly 11 damage.
    Code:
    potential damage - armor value * soak factor
    armor_soak_factor_against_pierce    = 0.65

So since the potential damage only changes with distance (more distance = slower projectile), we can do an experiment:
    Damage - Leather Armor * 0.65

So you get:
    37.30 = 52.25 - (23 * 0.65)
    vs
    28.25 = 43.20 - (23 * 0.65)
    Which still makes the difference stay at roughly 9 damage, regardless of distance. There's a 75% damage increase on headshots, so with regards to headshots, assuming 32 head armor:
    Code:
    31.45 = 52.25 - (32 * 0.65)
    then:
    55 = 31.45 * 1.75

vs
    22.40 = 43.20 - (32 * 0.65)
    then:
    39.20 = 22.40 * 1.75
    So there's a 16 damage difference on headshots (assuming the shooter & target doesn't move), on a target with 32 head armor - spiked cap of vaegir - from a nomad bow to a strong bow. Some classes have as low as 55 health, so there's the difference between potentially getting a kill in 3 shots, or 1 shot.
    In short:
    Not considering the time it takes to shoot (because then we might as well say crossbows are useless), the damage difference is still so big that Vaegir archers will still reign supreme on open maps, given enough time to shoot, regardless of if the nomad bow didn't get nerfed or not.

As only Vaegir gets a power draw nerf, no other factions gets nerfed. And because the strong bow offers so much more damage, you still wouldn't pick the nomad bow as Vaegir, and other factions still won't dish out enough damage to compare to the Vaegir archer using strong bow.
  8. Server list doesn't load

Sometimes your config file breaks it.

Go Documents -> Mount&Blade Warband -> rgl_config

Make sure:
    Code:
    use_secure_connection = 0
    max_number_of_connections = 16

You can play with the max_number_of_connections.
    Good connection: Start from 48 and go lower
    Bad connection: Start from 32 and go lower

Sometimes you need it to be lower, so it can handle each server it connects to. Sometimes it doesn't pick up enough servers at a time and it needs to be higher, so it gets all in time.

16 is default.
  9. Community Stats Patch and Competitive scene state

For Sarranid it might be good to increase the shield skill. Anyone getting footshot as Nords, Rhodok or Swadia should learn to look a bit more downwards (straightforward, "0 degrees", doesn't cover the feet). You can literally cover both head and feet as Nords, Rhodok and Swadia. Vaegir I'm unsure, but I recall it being possible to cover everything but the edge of the back foot when standing still.

Also, an important note: Whilst moving forward, your feet move outside of the shield cover. Standing still, you can't be footshot as Nords (assuming you hold the correct angle), but walking forward you will, no matter if the shieldskill is 5 or 1000, risk being footshot anyway. Although it requires both timing and hitting the correct foot, any sidestepping or slowing down prevents it.
  10. Community Stats Patch and Competitive scene state

Power draw only affects damage, and whether you can use the bow or not. Vaegir Strong Bow requires 5 power draw, as an example. It's only the 'archery' stat that affects how long it takes to draw, how long it takes until the crosshair gets to the center, and how long you can hold that aim with it being in the center.

Perhaps it's not Vaegir archers needing to accelerate faster and hitting stronger while their shots do less damage; perhaps it's the 6v6 format making archers less viable. If we get a 8v8 tournament in the future, it might shed some more light on whether it's just people playing worse, the format being different (amount of players), the meta just changing or whatever it is.
  11. [6v6] Create & Share your maps

A remake of Nord Town, aimed at making the map more friendly by being able to play around middle, and also making it easier to push the top by going through the other side. Previously, bottom side had only one flag, top had two. Hopefully this makes it more balanced!
    • Less camping waiting for flag, due to the raisable ladder from middle
    • Alley path from top spawn
    • More flag-based tactics
    nVTi9aC.jpg

Download link
    Code:
    scn_multi_scene_11 multi_scene_11 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x0000000030015f2b000350d4000011a4000017ee000054af 
     outer_terrain_plain
    fv4i90Z.jpg
    yrh0ixd.jpg
    b6VlqvE.jpg

LkfcPVk.jpg
    toNvl0F.jpg
    iybIqWu.jpg
  12. Community Stats Patch and Competitive scene state

Fietta said:
    Doesn't 5 shield skill allow even the smallest of shields to block arrows? Even if it doesn't the Rhodok shield is pretty massive anyways, I don't see the need for extra shield skill, they're quite OP with their 1 hit cleavers anyways. I feel like you're only giving it them just to try and buff them even though there's no reason for it because it's maybe their 'class advantage'?
    Shields also close and open faster with a higher shield skill. Rhodok shields would, with a high enough skill, open up as fast as an old kite shield, if they have like 8-9 in shield skill (as an example).

Shooting through them though, as in penetrating them, has nothing to do with the shield skill.
    Code:
    if damage > (shield_resistance * module_ini_shield_penetration_factor + module_ini_shield_penetration_offset):
    	go through shield and reduce damage by 40-60%
    Speed and such increase damage too, making cav more susceptible to getting their shield shot through.
  13. [WBMM] Discussion & Suggestions

Matt_ said:
    Nerf javs
    Remove bows
  14. Warband Matchmaking Client 2.0.2 (WBMM)

PepperKP said:
    #repopulateIG
    "This will not kill the game", they said.
    "This will keep people more active", they said...

:iamamoron:
  15. [WSC2] Streams - Final: FT v Aeq Sunday 19:30

All power died in my whole area yesterday, with 1% of the video left to upload. Video should now be up!
Back
Top Bottom