Warband Matchmaking Client 2.0.2 (WBMM)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orion said:
My primary monitor is 1920x1080, so go on, find out more about me with that.

Using this information I can reliably deduce that you have more money than me.

[qruote]My primary monitor is 1920x1080, so go on, find out more about me with that.[/quote]

Thats not enough information to find out your entire lifestyle, but it is still information that can assist in helping to identify you.

It isn't, because even a custom-built PC is not necessarily unique

If I told you I often wear glasses, then under your argument this is not identifying information because there are millions of glasses wearing people in the world that are. And you are right, but you think that only informations that needs to be unique to you is identifying information, and thats wrong.

How come Police say "Suspect is male, wears a Black North Face jacket, jeans, drives a blue car, wears glasses is 5 feet 7 inches tall" instead of "Suspect has these fingerprints?" even though knowledge of a blue car is not enough to find a specific person?

Lolbash said:
My primary monitor is 1920x1080, so go on, find out more about me with that.

Thats not enough information to find out your entire lifestyle, but it is still information that can assist in helping to identify you.
I know. Tor asks you to not resize the window because when you try to access a website, your window resolution is sent with the request so that the server can send you an appropriately formatted page (for an example, think mobile vs. desktop). That request can be logged, so whoever has access to the log can see where the request was routed through and what page was requested. None of these things individually are enough to effectively track someone, but with all 3 you can do so. Using these criteria you can filter through logs of other sites and find out more about a user, like browsing habits and potentially any information they themselves have posted.

So what you've done here is misrepresent the issue by leaving out critical information. Much like your police analogy, where the missing bit of critical info is that sex/clothing/vehicle/weight/height are all sufficient information in an active pursuit in a known geographical area. Without the time frame and location, such information isn't nearly as useful.

CarpeDiem said:
Long live Warband!  :party: :party:

It will only die when Bannerlord's out.

I wish i would live that long

ee906e5023a71fa17d9719aec2cc7827.png

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom