War dogs

Users who are viewing this thread

Anyone else wanna see dogs and wolves in game as companions to take and fight along side? And before someone says oh there’s a mod idc bc I don’t have a computer

lol what's the purpose? dogs can be killed instantly in battle,
dog can't hurt any heavy armor troops,
can't even penetrate any leather armor
theres' a reason why people don't bring pets to battle

lol what's the purpose? dogs can be killed instantly in battle,
dog can't hurt any heavy armor troops,
can't even penetrate any leather armor
theres' a reason why people don't bring pets to battle
Romans had wardogs. But this is much later in time.
Wardogs main job was more to distract the enemy. Pull them to the ground. A soldier in heavy armor realistically can´t get up on his own if he falls to the ground. In big battles they are a tank. But a smal skirmish they are kinda pointless.

War Elephants however are still in use today. Dogs also to find mines.
War Elephants should be easier to add to the game then war dogs.
But cats are an item in the game. Last i activated cheats. And cats have also been used in large scale battle against the Egyptians.

Romans had wardogs. But this is much later in time.
Wardogs main job was more to distract the enemy. Pull them to the ground. A soldier in heavy armor realistically can´t get up on his own if he falls to the ground. In big battles they are a tank. But a smal skirmish they are kinda pointless.

War Elephants however are still in use today. Dogs also to find mines.
War Elephants should be easier to add to the game then war dogs.
But cats are an item in the game. Last i activated cheats. And cats have also been used in large scale battle against the Egyptians.
lol I am not historian, I am not sure how real it is what you described.
But elephant could be an interesting game changer, except you need some arrow protection shield when riding on elephant

Bro they use to make dog armor imagine an armoired mastiff charging u
I seriously doubt that, it's just not worthy to armor your dog
even a fearless german shepherd can be easily killed with swords and axes, spears, arrows in battle

Dogs can be used as a decoy, a distraction to enemy, a pet and guardian in the army camp
but their teeth just useless in huge army combat battle

I think developer should develop some ballistic arrow to shoot in battle field, which would make it more fun

I think developer should develop some ballistic arrow to shoot in battle field, which would make it more fun
I assume you refer to something like the roman Scorpion. The problem is it will only work for the defender in battles and for a short time as the big battles move all over the map. But it sure will be cool.
I belive however the chinese had a big crossbow that took two men to use. One had it on the back and another shoot it.

I think war elephants would be better, this would bring in the indus culture, ancient nations and even "..Look Frodo! Oliphants! .."
Yes and yes to that. Would love them!
Would be a great concept for a DLC. Asian or African invasion. Preferly African invasion. Can just picture those jumping Zulu spearmen.

Yes and yes to that. Would love them!
Would be a great concept for a DLC. Asian or African invasion. Preferly African invasion. Can just picture those jumping Zulu spearmen.

+1

African culture would also be cool. War elephants - Zebra javelin Amazon cavalry - Rhino scythed chariots - Zulu spearmen - etc etc. Although I think there's a larger market in India (more money)

+1

African culture would also be cool. War elephants - Zebra javelin Amazon cavalry - Rhino scythed chariots - Zulu spearmen - etc etc. Although I think there's a larger market in India (more money)
Tbf they'd be better to base a new faction on Carthage and that empire because Taleworlds already modeled the empire in the game after the Roman empire.

Ah man all uns make some great points would love to see a new faction Saran’s got all that empty space so I’m sure there planning something.and some dang bandit camps playable and or be a sea raider and have hideout with customization would be awsome I just want raid lol

They should have customizable player land/houses and add collectable pets, maybe have them as a cosmetic thing in battle, but actually having them fight in battle is silly in this game where everything dies in 2 hits. Maybe in town scenes as a civilian they could fight with you though.

The fact there's nothing for the player to actually customize/own in this is astounding to me. It seems like the most obvious and easy thing to add to give the game some beef would be just a room in your fief to fill with cosmetics collected in the game or "the family home", just some thing for the player that doesn't interact with the AI simulation like normal fiefs do.

I wouldn't really like war dogs to be added, maybe except for visual purposes (and even then I would much prefer something like torches). I feel like war dogs would either be too useless or too annoying to deal with (for example you might have a hard time hitting them if you're playing as a tall character and using a 1H mace). I would much prefer to have war elephants & a new Indian (combined with Iranian?) based culture located to the east of the Aserai & south of the Khuzaits that uses elephants.
They should have customizable player land/houses and add collectable pets, maybe have them as a cosmetic thing in battle, but actually having them fight in battle is silly in this game where everything dies in 2 hits. Maybe in town scenes as a civilian they could fight with you though.

The fact there's nothing for the player to actually customize/own in this is astounding to me. It seems like the most obvious and easy thing to add to give the game some beef would be just a room in your fief to fill with cosmetics collected in the game or "the family home", just some thing for the player that doesn't interact with the AI simulation like normal fiefs do.
Honestly the royal court mechanic of Crusader Kings 3 would work so much better in Bannerlord than that game in my opinion. You could have 3 "display item" slots to put in your court (which would be located in an owned town or castle of your choosing) where you could place looted artifacts such as banners, paintings, statues, relics, carpets, jewellery, maybe even obelisks, etc. (and they would be displayed in the keep), that would give out a bonus effect like +1 security/loyalty/prosperity/militia/influence, +x construction speed in all fiefs, +1 recruitment slot in all owned fiefs, +x to production in your villages, +x weapon proficiency/athletics/riding/combat movement speed/morale for your infantry/archers/cav/horse archers, or even overworld movement speed within a certain distance to the castle/town your court is located at. If we could also have a messenger in the keep (who could be an emissary placed in the town), it would flesh out the game so much by making the keep scenes more useful, finally letting us hire some goddamn minor factions & recruit clans to our kingdom remotely, as well as adding more functionality to post-conquest options (show mercy, pillage & devastate) as a way of acquiring display items.

Last edited:
I wouldn't really like war dogs to be added, maybe except for visual purposes (and even then I would much prefer something like torches). I feel like war dogs would either be too useless or too annoying to deal with (for example you might have a hard time hitting them if you're playing as a tall character and using a 1H mace). I would much prefer to have war elephants & a new Indian (combined with Iranian?) based culture located to the east of the Aserai & south of the Khuzaits that uses elephants.

Honestly the royal court mechanic of Crusader Kings 3 would work so much better in Bannerlord than that game in my opinion. You could have 3 "display item" slots to put in your court (which would be located in an owned town or castle of your choosing) where you could place looted artifacts such as banners, paintings, statues, relics, carpets, jewellery, maybe even obelisks, etc. (and they would be displayed in the keep), that would give out a bonus effect like +1 security/loyalty/prosperity/militia/influence, +x construction speed in all fiefs, +1 recruitment slot in all owned fiefs, +x to production in your villages, +x weapon proficiency/athletics/riding/combat movement speed/morale for your infantry/archers/cav/horse archers, or even overworld movement speed within a certain distance to the castle/town your court is located at. If we could also have a messenger in the keep (who could be an emissary placed in the town), it would flesh out the game so much by making the keep scenes more useful, finally letting us hire some goddamn minor factions & recruit clans to our kingdom remotely, as well as adding more functionality to post-conquest options (show mercy, pillage & devastate) as a way of acquiring display items.
Yesss

I feel like if you were a tall character you have a better shot against a large dog as opposed to a shorter character. You could just kick the dog or strike down, if your short he can easily bite your face or rip out your neck.
I seriously doubt that, it's just not worthy to armor your dog
even a fearless german shepherd can be easily killed with swords and axes, spears, arrows in battle

Dogs can be used as a decoy, a distraction to enemy, a pet and guardian in the army camp
but their teeth just useless in huge army combat battle

You can just do a quick search plus they armored horses why not armor dogs if your sending them to the front lines, the simplest version would be just make a chainmail fit for a dog. I think the conquistadors are the latest to use their own version made from cotton and we literally play dress-up with them now I don't think its that much of a reach. If you have mastiff dogs running around your, tanks might get knocked down but your light infantry and your archers are all targets might even be able to trip up a horse. It would probably be more effective for bandit raids and possibly sieges but would most likely not be as effective. The dogs at the end of the day were just decoys to harass the enemy, distract them, or slow them down.

I thought that War Elephants would would be awesome, but I am not sure if I would want an entire new faction based around them. War elephants in history were insanely powerful. A single elephant could win or lose a battle in ancient times. So if they were included in the future, I would want them to be an extremely rare spawning mercenary unit. They would be incredibly expensive to hire (50,000 denars or more) and require a large amount of money for their pay each day. (5000-10,000 denars) They would take very little damage from most weapons and destroy enemy troops morale, but could be extremely vulnerable to throwing weapon pierce damage. I would just copy Rome Total War Elephant units. Start them off as a small elephant, level up into a War Elephant with large tusks and archers on its back, and finally level it up to have it wearing heavy metal armor, in addition to the archers and tusks.

Back
Top Bottom