Beta Patch Notes e1.9.0

Users who are viewing this thread

@Duh_TaleWorlds I love the new mercenary lines & sword sister lines, thank you! But it seems like they're missing a few unit types when combined. I couldn't see any melee cavalry, archer (not crossbow) or normal spear infantry (though there is a pike line and also a shielded mace infantry line). Are you guys also planning to add "northern" and "southern" mercenary archetype sometime in the future, presumably with southern having melee cavalry and maybe foot skirmishers, northern having shield infantry and archers?
not too soon. as it was mercenary troops were severely lacking in content. primarily we want them to be expensive but fast way to get some decent troops but they should not have the same potential as state troops (both cost and power wise), so they will not override regular troop raising methods. we want to do more with them but not just by simply adding more troops into the mix. at this stage we wanted to have some mercs that both feel out of place in their regions but will also will fill same gaps if you were to hire them with other factions.

So there is no actual formations for the AI armies. I guess that means that they don't actually benefit from the banners, aside of the asthetics. Is that right?
no, ai party use formations just like the player, but will only have 1 banner to give to a formation since there is only 1 character in each party. so only 1 formation will benefit from banner bonus, just like a player with no companions in the party.

In armies its a whole different situaition, since each party leader in the army will be assigned to formations as captains, thus giving their banner bonuses to their formations.

not too soon. as it was mercenary troops were severely lacking in content. primarily we want them to be expensive but fast way to get some decent troops but they should not have the same potential as state troops (both cost and power wise), so they will not override regular troop raising methods. we want to do more with them but not just by simply adding more troops into the mix. at this stage we wanted to have some mercs that both feel out of place in their regions but will also will fill same gaps if you were to hire them with other factions.
It's enough to hear that there's an intention. Current merc troop trees seem much better than before! We finally have sword sisters in the game.

Could I also ask you if there are plans to add peasant women to villager parties (maybe they already are and I haven't noticed?) for us to recruit Sword sisters an alternative way? And imo it would be a good addition to the game flavourwise if say, 1/4 of militia in villages and towns were women who are defending their livelyhood.

So, 8 Imperial Infantrymen lose against 7 looters head on, and after grinding through my infantrymen, they still have 4 guys alive. I have a suspicion there is something about:
1. Troops hug eachother in battle;
2. When they hug, long weapons, such as spathas and bastard swords are ineffective;
3. Regular infantry weapons are really slow, namely the two mentioned above, which explains why looters win so easily;
4. Because the enemy has fast striking weapons, even if cheap, means shields make no difference in battle.

In comparison, the same 8 guys fared better when they were recruits, killing 11 looters in an earlier battle.

Also, I got this bug in Phycaon. All files validated.
A3HlU.jpg

So, 8 Imperial Infantrymen lose against 7 looters head on, and after grinding through my infantrymen, they still have 4 guys alive. I have a suspicion there is something about:
2. When they hug, long weapons, such as spathas and bastard swords are ineffective;
3. Regular infantry weapons are really slow, namely the two mentioned above, which explains why looters win so easily;
4. Because the enemy has fast striking weapons, even if cheap, means shields make no difference in battle.

In comparison, the same 8 guys fared better when they were recruits, killing 11 looters in an earlier battle.

Also, I got this bug in Phycaon. All files validated.
A3HlU.jpg
Man this really is super worrying at this stage of development.

Yeah, a little. I think the last change needed for that interaction is to make cavalry get slowed down a little bit more when they collide with infantry.
I did some tests on my own in custom battles. I only tried tier 6 cavalry against tier 5 mixed infantry (shield + shock infantry), and I can confidently say that while the cavalry are MUCH better in holding their own, mixed infantry is still better. In my few tests, even if cavalry won the battle, they had huge losses (around 2/3) ish. Infantry also wrecks cavalry if they assume any defensive formation, especially square (maybe also circle but it's such a hassle to make an optimal size circle formation). Cavalry also wrecks normal archers, but I'm sad to inform that Fian champions win quite handily against melee cavalry, even on flat ground.

I think melee cavalry is good where it is now, the problem is Fian champions being ridiculous.

Well, the silver lining is that from my experience, cavalry and shock infantry were fine in keeping their distance. I don't know if the shield infantry issue is consistent as a bug but I've also been noticing that my legionaries have been dying at a higher rate compared to sturgian heavy axemen, heavy spearmen and heroic line breakers despite all having equal numbers and all being deployed.

It may be that the issue is with some weapons being too bad compared to the AI sucking, but this is definitely an issue. Thankfully, it only seems like the issue is with shield infantry using long weapons from what I can see, so it's hopefully easier to fix.

no troops do not time out at border egde, they try to avoid it but still can get out of border edges due to being a cavlary or in heat of combat, but they will not pathfind through border edge if they can help it. they will only disappear at border edge if they are fleeing.
Thanks for the information still it seems that there are some troops fleeing although their side had not lost any troops. So maybe the morale mechanic may be a little bit out of wack. I had battles (with about 20 men) where I had no deaths on my side but two troops where listed as routed in the after battle statistics. Although I haven't seen them fleeing the battle. Maybe it is only an error in the statistics.

did you had reinforcements in that battle? it might be due to an error in reinforcement or probably we might be miss printing fleeing troops

One concerning issue regarding AI; pikemen are terrible. They don't face their enemy automatically, they sometimes don't brace their pikes and I haven't seen them use their sword or whatever sidearm they have. They also have terrible armor. @cuce would you (or whoever is responsible for troops) consider almost completely revamping the loadouts of pikemen? I think they should have very high armor, a shield and a mace or an axe instead of a sword. There are also the issues I mention above that needs fixing. Right now, pikemen only win in very low number situations (10v10 or 20v20) and only against pure cavalry compositions. They also need micro to face their enemies to do anything.

Can you try deleting the contents of "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\TileSets\pages" folders and verifying your game files?
Did that, re-downloaded 12 Gb, but still the same thing

I did some tests on my own in custom battles. I only tried tier 6 cavalry against tier 5 mixed infantry (shield + shock infantry), and I can confidently say that while the cavalry are MUCH better in holding their own, mixed infantry is still better. In my few tests, even if cavalry won the battle, they had huge losses (around 2/3) ish. Infantry also wrecks cavalry if they assume any defensive formation, especially square (maybe also circle but it's such a hassle to make an optimal size circle formation). Cavalry also wrecks normal archers, but I'm sad to inform that Fian champions win quite handily against melee cavalry, even on flat ground.

I think melee cavalry is good where it is now, the problem is Fian champions being ridiculous.
Custom battles use different values for damage (IIRC, including charge damage) than the campaign.

custom battles use the same values and calculations as single player but are not modified by various campaign effects like captain perks and banners, so result might be different in some cases.

The disorganized state penalty no longer applies to parties with less than 10 troops.
What a great change I didn't ever think to want, makes total sense and will make early game considerably less tedious.
Replaced the old tavern mercenaries with three new mercenary troop trees (Western Mercenaries, Eastern Mercenaries and Sword Sisters)
Definitely going to be trying some all mercenary parties.

Back
Top Bottom