Beta Patch Notes e1.9.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Also, I was unable to equip the dragon banner after I loaded up my old 1.8.1 save in 1.9.0 despite assembling all 3 pieces. Not sure if you need to actually form your own kingdom, but rather I had inherited the southern empire from a passed away Rhagaea so I wasn't about to do that.

Is there a chance to alter the mercenary tree a bit?

The Western mercenaries don't seem to have dedicated swordsmen, their melee units being solely pikemen. Since the game now offers the possibility to upgrade troops in three branches, we could use something like this:
Watchman
- -> Pikeman - etc.
- - - -> Swordsman - etc.
- - - - - -> Crossbowman - etc.

Also, it looks like sword sisters are all crossbowmen. That tree could also use some splitting up.

What is also not clear to me is what happens with militias. Are they going to be upgradeable ever?

Someone please tell me that there is a way to move companions out of infantry and make them cavalry? It jacks up infantry formations when you have horses in it.

My idea for the main quest banner was this, you get (0.20) to any skill you choose for completing it, that gives people an incentive to do it @Duh_TaleWorlds is that possible to achieve since right now there isn't a real incentive for people to care about the main quest line

@cuce
Isn't the dragon banner so ımportant for the game? I mean ıt's the main story's legendary banner but it gives us worse buffs than a tier 3 banner? Are you going to buff the dragon banner in the future?

Yep - this and some of the mismatched stats for items seems like a big deal for balance.

Maybe, and this one is controversial, but a way to get the Dragon Banner in sandbox mode.

is the loot table messed up ?
i got a Lordly Rough Fur over Mail from Forest Bandits (39-13-11)
and
a Mastercraft Ranger Bow from Looters
also other expansive loot

not too soon. as it was mercenary troops were severely lacking in content. primarily we want them to be expensive but fast way to get some decent troops but they should not have the same potential as state troops (both cost and power wise), so they will not override regular troop raising methods. we want to do more with them but not just by simply adding more troops into the mix. at this stage we wanted to have some mercs that both feel out of place in their regions but will also will fill same gaps if you were to hire them with other factions.
Mmmkay

I don't mind adding more Mercs, but removing the old Merc Troops feels a bit dirty. I mean if I manage to keep a "Hired Blade" alive from an old save for like a year do I get some kind of achievement LOL? (I'm kidding)

I mean the Western Mercs really aren't all that different from what Vlandia offers normally
Y2cB6ck.png

(Also why is the name nomenclature different between Crossbowmen and Pikemen for Elites?)

Eastern Mercs make even less sense, so you got "Sellswords" without swords (I know it's just a phrase, but come on) and then you've got Khuzait style troops that just turn into Sturgian Outrider mercenaries?
biAqtP6.png

Sword Sisters are a nice throwback for Warband folks, but without helmets they are real liability in-game (armor is pretty poor in general). Like because they are women do you want them to underperform? I thought Sword Sisters were supposed to be more the proverbial Amazons of this setting?
U1KtZBV.png

I sure hope no EA player was seriously doing a Mercenary only playthrough, cause you kind of threw a massive wrench in their unit composition if that's the case.

I would have given Watchmen a shield, upped their wages, done a little tweaking with Hired Blades so they aren't total garbage, and called it a day. I mean sure add in Sword Sisters, but the old Merc Troop Tree was fine. I mean since Mercs are generally just extra troops you hire to pad out a Party after taking losses, you kind of want them to be generalists.

That or you make Mercs exotic troops that no one has anything comparable to - so they add more diversity as it were.

IDK I think the old single Merc Troop Tree was better, made more sense thematically, even if it was underwhelming. But wasn't that the point?

Updated the conditions to join a map event. To engage in an ongoing map event, all parties on one side should be non-hostile, and all parties on the other side should be hostile. For example, enemy armies in close proximity will no longer aid you against bandits.
In case we already can, we should be able to fight any army at any time, hostile or non hostile, even if they're allies. We should be able to betray or join any cause at any moment we want.

Not sure if it's been answered in this thread but how many towns/castles still need completed as well as battle maps? If it's not finished already will it be by release?

Not sure if it's been answered in this thread but how many towns/castles still need completed as well as battle maps? If it's not finished already will it be by release?
2 towns and 66 battle maps need completing, I've been tracking it

Castles will probably not all be unique scenes, which I'm personally fine with since there would be more than 100 of them. As long as we have good variety per culture they don't all need to be unique.

Taleworlds has said that castle/town/field battle maps will keep being added after release. Though we almost have every town map done, which is good.

Mmmkay

I don't mind adding more Mercs, but removing the old Merc Troops feels a bit dirty. I mean if I manage to keep a "Hired Blade" alive from an old save for like a year do I get some kind of achievement LOL? (I'm kidding)

I mean the Western Mercs really aren't all that different from what Vlandia offers normally
Y2cB6ck.png

(Also why is the name nomenclature different between Crossbowmen and Pikemen for Elites?)

Eastern Mercs make even less sense, so you got "Sellswords" without swords (I know it's just a phrase, but come on) and then you've got Khuzait style troops that just turn into Sturgian Outrider mercenaries?
biAqtP6.png

Sword Sisters are a nice throwback for Warband folks, but without helmets they are real liability in-game (armor is pretty poor in general). Like because they are women do you want them to underperform? I thought Sword Sisters were supposed to be more the proverbial Amazons of this setting?
U1KtZBV.png

I sure hope no EA player was seriously doing a Mercenary only playthrough, cause you kind of threw a massive wrench in their unit composition if that's the case.

I would have given Watchmen a shield, upped their wages, done a little tweaking with Hired Blades so they aren't total garbage, and called it a day. I mean sure add in Sword Sisters, but the old Merc Troop Tree was fine. I mean since Mercs are generally just extra troops you hire to pad out a Party after taking losses, you kind of want them to be generalists.

That or you make Mercs exotic troops that no one has anything comparable to - so they add more diversity as it were.

IDK I think the old single Merc Troop Tree was better, made more sense thematically, even if it was underwhelming. But wasn't that the point?

Why do all the charchters in this game look like they have Shrek DNA genetics? Like small heads that look tiny and far away with these giant barrel like torso figures

Someone please tell me that there is a way to move companions out of infantry and make them cavalry? It jacks up infantry formations when you have horses in it.
Set them as a captain of another group. I'm not sure what the game is looking at to sort them now, I have problem of 2 clan mates armed with bow/arrow only putting themselves in group 3 (even with no other cav....) and not group 4 or 5 that are HA... with HA captains and perks.... so it's kinda crappy, they're just in there own group without the perks or banners. I could set them in separate groups as leaders, but I want them to just go into HA
word Sisters are a nice throwback for Warband folks, but without helmets they are real liability in-game (armor is pretty poor in general). Like because they are women do you want them to underperform? I thought Sword Sisters were supposed to be more the proverbial Amazons of this setting?
Yeah the armor is pretty low and I don't understand why TW thinks mercs should be both worse then normal troops and cost much more. I think there should be some bargain crappy mercs and then also elite expensive mercs that are as good or better then top noble troops.

I am working on my 1.9 workshop video and I have to ask, I've been asking for over 1 year for Sturgia to get help. They have wasted fur villages that could be changed to help. You changed about 10 villages production in 1.9 and Sturgia was not really helped much at all. They have 5 fur shops most of all kingdoms and are still lagging way behind in workshops. I have been sending my workshop data to you guys for almost 2 years and why is it so hard to get them some love. Take Varcheg for example and they don't have 1 shop that makes 100 a day yet you have doubled the price of shops in 1.8 which should be 1000% reverted back to the original shop prices. You said you would take feedback from the community and balance and how is 2 years of data sent and nothing being done really helping. So am I wasting my time trying to send you all this data just to get ignored? With the new economy and the doubled prices of shops, a lot of people don't even get shops anymore, What that your intentions? Why have a mechanic in the game people don't even want to use. It can take 2-4 years for some shops just to break even. This isn't a tough process, I give you the data can we please before release get this adjusted. I have said this is early access and a great time to test things before release. You wasted 2 years of possible testing I have been asking for that I volunteered to do for free on my own time. Is this what you want me to tell people in my video that shops arent worth even trying anymore since they were butchered by the devs. Give me something to tell people. I know I only I have 6k subs so I'm not that important but this video will be viewed 50k-100k times and is this what you want me to say, "Don't invest in something that is nerfed and not worth the time as the devs do the exact opposite i have been suggesting for 2 years?"

I like the new Outrider unit so far aside from the need for a helm upgrade from tier 2 to 3, but it is a bit weird how the tree seems to change in culture - it's a blend of Aserai/Khuzait/Sturgia I guess which for a Mercenary isn't really that odd, but the Sellsword could be given gear that's more mixed(including a sword) - there is some overlap between Khuzait and Sturgia gear that could be used to that effect.

Sword Sisters definitely need some kind of helm, but at least as Crossbow units they have longer range than most horse archers so you can ~kind of adapt to this but it requires excessive micro because they can't be assigned to a separate unit.

Hired Crossbows were great units - really the only valuable Merc unit before this patch - and with perks they were cheap too, but the Veteran Sword Sister ... if given a Helm... effectively replaces them.

Yo, I have seen mercenary pikemen landing thrusts with their pikes! I AM NOT KIDDING! I wish I had screenshots of those moments but I was in literal shock!

If the enemy retreats, that should end the battle, period. this new retreat back to world map is incredibly frustrating.

I like the new mercenary troops better, even though they lack some troop types. I agree with your criticisms such as the weird nomenclature, bad armor and no helmets worn by the sword sisters, etc.. I don't know why the eastern mercenaries are such a weird cultural mishmash though, I would understand if they were a mix of Sturgia and Khuzait only, but also adding Aserai elements makes them look so off. They should change the helmets of the infantry and make both the cav troop and infantry troop wear similar armors.

If western mercs can be hired in eastern towns and vice-versa, this gives them a niche over going to vlandia and hiring their units. From my understanding, they do have the intention of adding northern and southern mercenaries. If they really add them at some point, to make them more "exotic" I hope they make the southern mercenary troops more "western african" looking camel riders and javelin throwers and the northern troops more "norse and finnic" looking spearmen and longbowmen. I don't know how you can make the eastern and western mercs more "exotic" looking (unless they decide to make the eastern troops based on Persian and/or Indian cultures).

Back
Top Bottom