so is this game dead now?

Users who are viewing this thread

If they released a stable version of multiplayer tomorrow, with custom servers.. I don't think the player count would significantly improve.

The multiplayer has just been lacking the bare minimum for such a long time, I don't know how can any game dig itself out of this hole.
Considering the hole that TaleWorlds have dug themselves into, I'm half-expecting a multiplayer shutdown announcement at 1.9.0, with an actual follow through at 1.9.5.

Not what I'd like to see, but it seems like the most realistic outcome for Bannerlord's multiplayer.

Assuming they actually made multiplayer enjoyable, and fixed it's multitude of problems; they'd probably be able to re-launch multiplayer as free to play, while keeping singleplayer paid. Followed by using their tens of millions to fund some tournaments or something. But this is all a moot point, since they don't listen, and have taken basically every opportunity to spit on the competitive community, and multiplayer community in general. The tiny skeleton crew that deals with multiplayer shows their intentions, and indifference.

f230dc912cabbc531a40723ebf75ce9c.jpg

it'll come back with custom servers

But the console version guys? Why are you so selfish, let the console players play too, they have waited for 12 years without buying a pc. TW should concentrate every living cell of their to making the console version.

/s

why bother making a console version if it wont have crossplay

The console crowd are mindless consumers. Even if Bannerlord for consoles doesn't have crossplay, they won't care. If you simply put something in front of them and slap a $60 price tag on it, they'll just consume it -no questions asked. It's just how they are.

The console crowd are mindless consumers. Even if Bannerlord for consoles doesn't have crossplay, they won't care. If you simply put something in front of them and slap a $60 price tag on it, they'll just consume it -no questions asked. It's just how they are.
To be fair, that describes much of the PC player base too. Which is why Taleworlds has no incentive to make a good game.

I personally don't play mount&blade for its medieval theme. I play it because it has unique fighting system. I wouldn't care if it was star wars themed game as long as it would focus what's important. Sadly Chivalry is a fun game for about dozen hours, then it's starting to fall apart, because it's lacking interesting gameplay mechanics.
I would play Warhammer 40k game with the exact fighting style, would be epic AF. But i like early medieval theme too, one of the best.

I would play Bannerlord Multiplayer, but i currently don't. I'm not satisfied by performance drops and stuttering, thus i can't use my skills which make it no fun. I had fun patch earlier when i could do constant 144 fps, maybe it have it's problems but multiplayer is not bad (i don't play skirmish nor captain).

I look forward next patch, i'd like to install Bannerlord again.
They only need to do one thing to make multiplayer great - custom servers.

They replied to me on Twitter:

This is the only acknowledgement of the overall situation apart from canned responses from volunteer mods. Early Access is a cloak of invincibility. Valve sure are innovators.

This is the only acknowledgement of the overall situation apart from canned responses from volunteer mods. Early Access is a cloak of invincibility. Valve sure are innovators.

Honestly funny how patronizing that's phrased. I laughed.

You cannot blame the individuals doing there job at TW quite frankly. It is like calling to an insurence company and being redirected 5 times and then not getting nowhere in the end, it is the system and management that needs fixing. The high level decision-making at TW is the culprit, and perhaps even the overall poor attitude of gamers in general. I know by now that I am way more critical/selective compared to the overall population, I will not accept flaws/bugs that others easily ignore, I guess it is personal view in the end as well

Back
Top Bottom