so is this game dead now?

Users who are viewing this thread

amanamoth

Recruit
server crashes constantly killing population, it feels like most have left, couldnt even get a 40+ player game today

Honestly, I don't know if multiplayer will come alive even if it is officially released and a custom server comes out.

No communication with the players, despite the existence of several posts asking for a change or update, they remain silent.
Almost 1 month after 1.7.2 update that killed skirmish and captain, made servers unstable, almost all players are complaining of stuttering on Siege and TDM, and complete silence from the devs

I spoke to the developers. They are working on fixing it. The problem is the MP team is small and they are very slow so it will be a couple months before everything goes back to normal.
The problem is that the developers release patches thet weren't tested properly and they cause big problems that result in decline of population.
I personally will try to advocate for beta MP tests where MP clans test the new features to ensure they are functioning properly.

The problem is the MP team is small and they are very slow so it will be a couple months before everything goes back to normal
I hate to say it, but constant server crashing is the normal since forever :wink:. I'd love if it would change, but it's hard to imagine.

Honestly, I don't know if multiplayer will come alive even if it is officially released and a custom server comes out.
Doubt it, if custom server comes out today, the only server filled 120/120 would be a Battle mode one.

The game has its flaws, like server crashing and special modes queue errors.

But if you stop playing and don't bring new players the game is really dead.

the few streamers featuring bannerlord just play SP campaign and review mods.

we have to make TALEWORLDS relaunch the game with popular streamers and ads but just for MP.

I don't know about other countries, but in the Korean Warband Multiplayer, the only module that eventually survived from 2010 to 2022 is the Persistent World created by modders.

In fact, some "single players" prefer PVE rather than PVP, and it was PW that satisfies both PVP and PVE.

I wish that the "developer", not the "modder", officially supported modules such as RP-Roleplay similar to Persistent World.

These modules will also satisfy singleplayers.

I think i remember predicting that the only thing that kept people playing Bannerlord's multiplayer mode prior to Chiv2's Steam release was the Steam vs Epic debacle. Even then, more people would rather play the medieval game that's actually a medieval game than stay loyal to Steam.

Now that Chivalry 2 is on Steam, "It's the medieval game on Steam" is no longer a valid reason to keep playing Bannerlord's multiplayer, since the Epic Exclusive stopped being Epic Exclusive.

I think i remember predicting that the only thing that kept people playing Bannerlord's multiplayer mode prior to Chiv2's Steam release was the Steam vs Epic debacle. Even then, more people would rather play the medieval game that's actually a medieval game than stay loyal to Steam.

Now that Chivalry 2 is on Steam, "It's the medieval game on Steam" is no longer a valid reason to keep playing Bannerlord's multiplayer, since the Epic Exclusive stopped being Epic Exclusive.
I personally don't play mount&blade for its medieval theme. I play it because it has unique fighting system. I wouldn't care if it was star wars themed game as long as it would focus what's important. Sadly Chivalry is a fun game for about dozen hours, then it's starting to fall apart, because it's lacking interesting gameplay mechanics.

Last edited:

i dont play Chivalry because M&B combat is superior, i just wish we had stable servers

We have just pushed out a hotfix aimed at addressing the stuttering issue. Please let us know if the issue has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

I hate to say it, but constant server crashing is the normal since forever :wink:. I'd love if it would change, but it's hard to imagine.
We are aware of the issues and working on them with highest priority.

Server side crashes have been mostly fixed, there are less than 1% server side crashes at the moment.

We still have issues related to client side crashes, especially when trying to setup clan matches and loading into maps. Some of them have been identified and fixed already and waiting for the finalization of the patch. We will send them out as soon as possible.
??

We have just pushed out a hotfix aimed at addressing the stuttering issue. Please let us know if the issue has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.
Great, I’m excited to test out performance when I get a chance later. Any news about the server crashes? I know myself and a lot of other community members are hoping Taleworlds will address the issue with some transparency, even if a fix is not going to happen soon.

We are aware of the issues and working on them with highest priority.

Server side crashes have been mostly fixed, there are less than 1% server side crashes at the moment.

We still have issues related to client side crashes, especially when trying to setup clan matches and loading into maps. Some of them have been identified and fixed already and waiting for the finalization of the patch. We will send them out as soon as possible.
Funny thing is that at the time that statement held true. After the patch that introduced ui changes and bunch of other stuff, the server stability took a dive and we are still recovering from that.

If they released a stable version of multiplayer tomorrow, with custom servers.. I don't think the player count would significantly improve.

The multiplayer has just been lacking the bare minimum for such a long time, I don't know how can any game dig itself out of this hole.

Back
Top Bottom