SP - General Random Generated Sandbox

Users who are viewing this thread

I couldn't tell you how much I would love the idea of a randomly generated sandbox map (World Map not Battlefields), heroes, lords, mercs, towns and villages
Basically what I'm getting at is a fully randomly generated sandbox, I know it would only cause a thousand issues for the devs, I personally love the game but also crave for that unique experience in each playthrough of the game, having completely different Kings, Town names/placements, where kingdoms are generally located, etc. It would create a interesting playthrough in each game, and a truly unique experience per player.

This will come with overhaul mods once the game is released and if any enthusiastic modder will be left around by then. AFAIK there are already some mods that add more kingdoms to the map. Seeing how fond of balance TWs is, it's not something to be expected from them.

Just ended up on that thread and I think it needs a thumb up (y)

A random world map generator would be wonderful for sandbox replayability.

I couldn't tell you how much I would love the idea of a randomly generated sandbox map (World Map not Battlefields)
As I understand it each map is "painstakingly" hand crafted and a completely random map may not be possible, however randomized town (owners), randomize lords, etc is more doable. Also remember WARBAND had randomized lords iirc at least the 2nd generation lords were not always the same. (Same name but different personalities) This should be much easier in BL considering children are basically random lords now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom