Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Added the new Order of Battle system.
  • A new deployment screen has been added which appears before every battle mission if the player's side of the encounter has at least 20 troops and the encounter is not a sally-out while the player is attacking.
  • Players can divide their troops by troop types into different formations, using percentage sliders.
  • Players can give preference to "Shield", "Spear", "Throwing" and "Heavy" troops in these formations with combinations of these filters (one or more filters can be enabled).
  • Players can assign captains to these formations if they're the encounter leader. They can assign themselves to an empty formation if they're not the encounter leader.
  • Players can give starting orders to these formations and place them before the battle starts.
  • Values (sliders, filters) set in the OoB are saved between encounters.
  • We've also improved the formation cards in the order UI. They now include an explicit number of troops with their types, ammo bar and morale of the formation.
I just have tested this new Order of Battle system, and I have a huge problem with this feature. Don't get me wrong, I think it is a great idea and a nice way of managing troops as an extension of the old troop group system, but the problem is that it entirely replaces the old system. Because of this raplacement the game is now lacking some key mechanics I have been using in all of my playthroughs. Here are some problems this new system causes:

- You can't put all heroes from the party in one safe group and keep them away from the danger of battle.
- You can't also use specific troop types or heroes only in one group in order to level them up faster.
- When you are leading an army into a smaller battle and you have high medicine or high level troops, you can't use troops only from your party anymore to minimize troops losses for other parties in the army.

I really hope it will get fixed either by modifying the new system, or by bringing back the old one and using it together with this new one.

Besides the problem I have described here, it seems like a really good update. Great job!

It hides the user interface when you're in a fight (for example, a battle). UI elements such as the health bar, shield health bar,...
oh, ok, then..it's not something i'd like to use, but good some ppl like it
thanks
I'm a bit of control and likes to know everything in the battle
Listen... I know i'm sounding like a old disc, hhahaha, but could you bring up internally a small feature for the Death/heir system?

I'd love to see battles as real threat as i know some other players would too, for example my Main hero/Player Controlled hero to die during the chaos of battle, besides the ones we already have, please?

Of course ppl would be able to turn it off, as always custom game rules, it's what make ppl enjoy the game

Have a nice weekend and good job on the weeks worked on this patch

@Dejan
Is it possible in near future that we can have "horse inventory system"?For example; horses that has max 2 inventory slot which can carry little shields, bows, quivers,swords ect and can accessible in battles via inventory button?
We don't have any plans for what you're describing but I can bring it up as a community suggestion.
I already suggested this some time ago, this is an essential addition since there is no battle chest.
Being able to swap weapons from your horse was neither declined or approved afair. I can bring it up again.
Maybe @MRay could update us on this.

Finally Siege fixes, and the Terrain and Order systems all in one, completely unexpected for me, though the time it was taking for this patch did make me think it would be somewhat big. This is way larger than I was expecting though! hopefully if field battle AI (orders/tactics) aren't improved along with the new systems, that a tactics overhaul will be coming too? so they don't just mash formations into each-other all the time?

Oh wow, what a stellar patch indeed, congrats TW I can't wait to test that out !

yes yes tips and stuff, but english is not my first lang so itsa bit hard to even understand what dem talking about

For some reasons the English wikipedia UI doesn't offer the possibility to easily switch an article to your language, can you specify your native language ? On my native tongue Wikipedia I can switch to whatever language that has the same article !

If the "Hide Battle UI" option is selected, a pause menu option is added so it can be enabled without going into the options screen. I can bring up tying the general enabling/disabling of this feature to a key, internally.

We kept this so players can understand when they can get on or off a horse, HP of a siege engine etc. We can remove these as well depending on the feedback.

Since there is already an option to remove these in game, we decided to exclude them from this option.
Thanks for considering those options ?
I know that the option is in the game but, here is how it goes during a Twitch live stream if I want to show a mix of good moves by commanding my army the right way and showing some cinematic footage:

- I start the battle after setting up my all army with the order of battle and after creating 2 groups of cav.

- Then after some fights against the enemy cav I want to bring together my 2 groups of cav.
To do that I have to go into the menu, enable the UI through the options, go back in the battle and do the action with the F3+F5 order.
After that, there is still much cinematic shoots to show, the infantry melee, the archers crossfires, etc... So if I want to show this without all the UI...
I have to go back into the options, find the one that disables the UI and it goes on and on...

If I want to see my health, I have to go in the menu and enable the UI... If I have many groups under my command (like in siege) I have to go in the menu and enable the banners at the top of my troops to find the one that I want to command... Every time I do that, then I have to go back and re-enable/re-disable the options depending of if at a specific moment I want to show my audience a cinematic moment or a moment where I command my troops.

In total war the key "Inser" removes every UI and banners of the game. It gives the opportunity to the players to live true moments of immersion and to the content creator to bring immersive moments to their audience. You don't have to go in the menu to remove or to display anything, you just have to press a key. This way you have the best of the 2 worlds with a simple press of a button.

Having one assignable key for each feature would be the best in Bannerlord. One key to remove the UI but, still have an awareness of what's happening in front of you and who to strike (in many scenarios you don't know witch soldiers are yours if you don't have the banners). For experienced players and for those looking for the ultimate immersion, they could remove the banners too with an other key (and, why not, the possible interactions with the environment)

I really think that I would not be the only one using such a enhance feature. As the main features are already in the game, adding assignables keys to activate those would not require a lote of work to be implemented.

Also... ?
In the 1.7.0 the transfer of troops (F3 + F5) order is broken. It's a feature that I'm using in every great battle ?

AAWUweWwv-yY7Gy7j_Uf42YHP2sx1GoBHaIosynF_NYuEM3zMFLgiceR_16joyttObApKycNGf1FkfwXvVdGBp6ObnKzOfPgHq__hIXuB4ANynhQNJGX0T2CCR4qY7G2MKuPwYcYSm3tLT6eKvT19qxAhxY48RrctkUgO4RvXCGZ-bpCHeOdv1f6cwPT6sOptCfHkdsxAZjz0tfycOMxY8viytHIatTRuMmAd-F3S_xGt5Av1cMh5gkppdeGaEnqB0HxRs_0AqYJWtYeyXvtoLOdidErAvaZjdRB3EHIeOVSQBJjJF4jfexTh-ALGq07g9hvMAHSjBFziTeKe0QyrRR0vSZcVqzoKlFj-3qsrPnRuaMMwoq7HrrHR8FibGyB7UbZCaq9EQN13laAwXrJ_3GezxetZNbImnJ-8yQclIINFor4GvL87Wg8GxWGjp22eoHs8itt2ajtGxZVDqodysB7TjFNycxDGqEbpy0RMiqj5TcOja2So6hJXNu2GaE13PdE8ChLMnc1nYA2DPQmZLS83-is3zT5MFs5DaUJOIFIzsA3A1PHvj8Iwfv3O6PgD5QfpXWHXmEG2SnzjJz0aQb1-YhrhaE84b4wrcJfpGCu2wLPzlz1LoJWuUJBIbffcdFV8oUyMCJB_PXFa7Z4vD5aglc0iipIv6PvcM0jtUcdpxUNCvmGnuwBUvSrzPb2MjIHkKUGLT2Ep-T6AH5cj6Roqp6A06gswrJZRg=w2560-h1240-ft

We received many complaints from players that were kicked in-game by their teammates for various reasons we don't consider kick-worthy. If someone is truly a griefer & teamkiller, you will have no trouble getting them out of the game by a unanimous vote. And as always, report the player so that they can be processed by our support team.
"you will have no trouble getting them out of the game by a unanimous vote." spoken like someone who never touched Multiplayer, congratz, do you wanna bet that getting unanimous vote is easy? Because we can put that to test if you want. Getting 4 out of 5 (6 with the culprit) is hard enough, I had many encounters where my team didn't kick a teamkiller or griefer where polls failed with 3 out of 5 (6 with the culprit himself). All a griefer needs to do now is to team up with another and boom! He is invincible. And please, I have reported many teamkillers and griefers before, the brilliant moderation you are talking about here never took action aganist them, mods only have the hots for the people who dare to criticize.

Terrain system, order of battle, and fixed sieges? I imagine tons of work went into this / thanks to the devs for all that work.

I’d taken a break for a while, but with so much here will definitely jump back in.

Back
Top Bottom