The Settlement Icon feedback thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Apocal

Grandmaster Knight
I like them overall, but I think they are about 10-15% too big.

edit:
Also, this is incredibly niggling but...
the Cotton resource was switched to Raw Silk a few patches ago (good change) but the associated icon looks exactly like a cotton plant, not a silk plant. Granted, silk plants don't really look special, while everyone knows what cotton plants look like, but it is jarring just because of that.

Last edited:
I’m liking how they look now. At first it seemed off, but now that I’ve sat with it a bit it feels like they add a lot to the map. The icons are nice, clear, and crisp. And they feel like the correct size.

But it has me wanting the tournament icon to be redone in a similar fashion. It now seems like the odd one out and in need of some additional love.

I wonder if the map would look too cluttered if the regular village nameplates were replaced only with their production icons when you zoom out to the level where the nameplates otherwise disappear for villages. That way, zooming all the way out would give you a total overview of village production similar to what's displayed on this map. When you're at the level of zoom that still shows village nameplates/production icons, you still have to aimlessly pan around the map quite a bit to find what you're looking for.

If it would be too cluttered to always show them, then it could also be tied to a hotkey or toggle that removes all settlement nameplates (towns and castles included) and only shows village production icons.

That would be helpful for planning trade routes, workshop type selection, where to travel to buy certain supplies, etc.

I wonder if the map would look too cluttered if the regular village nameplates were replaced only with their production icons when you zoom out to the level where the nameplates otherwise disappear for villages. That way, zooming all the way out would give you a total overview of village production similar to what's displayed on this map. When you're at the level of zoom that still shows village nameplates/production icons, you still have to aimlessly pan around the map quite a bit to find what you're looking for.

If it would be too cluttered to always show them, then it could also be tied to a hotkey or toggle that removes all settlement nameplates (towns and castles included) and only shows village production icons.

That would be helpful for planning trade routes, workshop type selection, where to travel to buy certain supplies, etc.
☝️ ? I like it.

Oh that’s nice.

Back
Top Bottom