Prison breaks are AWFUL

Users who are viewing this thread

Alright, thank you for letting us know. Maybe you could share any hints on how does the team plan to adjust the mechanic, if it is not classified info, of course?
The intention is for players be able to tell them to stop/follow.

And by the way, are there any possibility, by any chance, to add a related quest when a lord or a lady ask you to rescue their relative? That would've made sense even if you're neutral actually, since you won't have to disguise yourself.
We generally explore new features for new quests. So, yes, there is a possibility.

All guards are alarmed when you get close to them you can't attack them form behind or suprise them other way
I take it back. I was able to sneak behind guards.
And I found bug - you can't go upstairs crouching, player character get stuck on every step.

And by the way, are there any possibility, by any chance, to add a related quest when a lord or a lady ask you to rescue their relative? That would've made sense even if you're neutral actually, since you won't have to disguise yourself.
So that's why I didn't get any rescue quests, that sucks.

We generally explore new features for new quests. So, yes, there is a possibility.
I got few sugestions:
1. Let me start quest on city map
2. Add option to free more nobles than one at once
3. Add option to demand payment after succesful break (less relation boost)
4. Add city run through especially since sneaking actually works. I think it would be cool to check best city routes without guards and exploring city would make sense.

And one question. Do prison guards act like bandits in hideouts? Am I able to throw dagger near them so they turn around and walk to check what made this sound?

Well, as I see it, this can be done either by a default order menu, only for 1 person (more convenient, as for me), or via dialogue option - as it was in Warband (less convenient, but still better than nothing).

You may have your own opinion, of course.
That would've been nice, since right now there is not much profit in getting prisoners out of dungeons.
4. Add city run through especially since sneaking actually works. I think it would be cool to check best city routes without guards and exploring city would make sense.
And also this. In WB it was a cool feature, in Bannerlord, with all that complex city designs it may be even cooler!

I think, having just "stop" and "follow" orders will create frustrating situations. We should have a command to make the prisoner wait where we think is safe for them. Otherwise we have to go to the safe place when the prisoner is following us and tell them to stop there which is boring and could be dangerous to do while enemy is chasing us. For example we noticed an archer and want the prisoner to go to a safe place. I want to be able to do it with a single command instead of leading the prisoner to that place.

Yes please, add a quest where clan members ask for rescuing imprisoned family members. Currently there is not any incentive for rescuing prisoners.

I think, having just "stop" and "follow" orders will create frustrating situations. We should have a command to make the prisoner wait where we think is safe for them. Otherwise we have to go to the safe place when the prisoner is following us and tell them to stop there which is boring and could be dangerous to do while enemy is chasing us. For example we noticed an archer and want the prisoner to go to a safe place. I want to be able to do it with a single command instead of leading the prisoner to that place.
☝️That is what I think too. In my eyes, the most basic commands for these situations would be to have:
  • F1
    • F1 - Move to position
    • F2 - Follow me
    • F3 - Stop
If not, we already know what happens when the AI decides for the player... :iamamoron: ?

☝️That is what I think too. In my eyes, the most basic commands for these situations would be to have:
  • F1
    • F1 - Move to position
    • F2 - Follow me
    • F3 - Stop
If not, we already know what happens when the AI decides for the player... :iamamoron: ?
Couldn't have said better myself.

If your looking for new features for quest and the community is literally starving for a real reason to walk around/visit a town or village scene - for the life of me I can’t figure out why you won’t consider dynamic npc’s who wander around towns to initiate new quests, fights or events

it’s literally a win/win

If your looking for new features for quest and the community is literally starving for a real reason to walk around/visit a town or village scene - for the life of me I can’t figure out why you won’t consider dynamic npc’s who wander around towns to initiate new quests, fights or events

it’s literally a win/win
Warband had a few (two, I think) radiant quests which could be triggered through town scene only. The drunkard who could bate you to fight him and a peasant looking for help against raiding bandits.

Bannerlord could go even further and make unique radiant stuff for different factions, to make them feel actually different not only visually, but also... well, internally.

I've read that but I was referring to the details. Allow me to contribute some ideas:

Prison Break

How I'd build it would be somewhat along the lines of attacking hideouts. We camp outside the city until nightfall and then we start from outside the city gate and the lower the rogue points, the more guards there will be. (Is there a point to crouching? What about sound? Does gear have a "sound" quality? Like perhaps Suede boots produce 0 sound but Plate Lamellar Boots produce 10 sound and the more overall sound value you have, the easier it is to attract attention.)

The objective would then be for the player to attempt to break into the city (scale the walls, do a lockpicking mini game, bend the bars, bribe etc using Control, Rogue, Vigor or Charm attributes/skills respectively) and then either fight their way to the prison or sneak there.

Additional things I'd add are the chance to start fires and/or other distractions.

Rebellion

A more complete version would include consequences. For e.g on capturing a town, the player could be confronted by representatives from the neighbouring kingdoms along the lines of "Hey that's a nice town you have there. A pity if someone were to ransack it".Or "Thanks for liberating MY town. I'd like to have it back."

And refusal will naturally lead to war. That'd force the player to either sell the town, give it up, join a faction or go to war.

Without these consequences, a player can slowly conquer the whole map without having to defend their possessions.

Diplomacy (Campaign vs Sandbox)

In Campaign, we have the back story from the Folly quest. Vlandians betrayed the Empire etc etc but we don't see the grudges play out.

Why doesn't Mesui seek revenge? I can't remember the rest of the story because it's so forgettable. Make it affect how the game initially starts out and it'll be more memorable. Introduce some options to the main quest where we can choose to help patch up misunderstandings or relations. Or even trigger a civil war in Aserai because of that feud.

Otherwise, what's the point of the story?

Food/starvation

That seems to be something TW is fixated on - having a constant boom/bust cycle. It's very annoying from a player's stand point. I put good troops in my garrison with the full intent that it'll be there where I need it. Having troops starve and desert because of some mechanics that the player has absolutely no control over isn't good design. There are many ways around this:

1. Kingdom Policy - The spice must flow - caravans from hostile factions are free from molestation and as such, they will continue trading uninterrupted.

2. Dynamic values for orchards, make it a function of prosperity so as prosperity increases, so does food production. You can set limits so prosperity will approach 0 gain without causing starvation.

3. Allow players to provide food separately for the town and for the garrison. Towns can be done via quests. Say give x amounts of food and gain y amount of town loyalty. So even during starvation, the town would not rebel because we'd have quests that would give temp boost to loyalty. And a stash for garrisons so we can just dump lots and lots of food there.

Clans

It would be a very nice feature/mod if clans were actually linked to one another either by blood, ties or fiefs and this would affect their votes accordingly.

This can be achieved thusly:

By blood, once the parent dies, an heir is selected and the remaining siblings will break off and form their own clans.

By ties, through marriage or the current relationship system.

By fiefs, any lord that owns multiple fiefs should be able to grant those fiefs to fiefless lords in exchange for their fealty. Nominally, they'd all be part of the same faction, but their loyalty would not be to the Faction leader.

How should this play out? Well for one, there should be less bot like voting patterns. Currently, the entire faction votes in sync. Lords will abandon the defense of their fiefs to adventure on the other side of the map. With blocs within a faction, I'd envisage parts of a faction who would be against the war and should it pass, not participate at all. This could be coded by making it extremely more costly in terms of influence to recruit a lord into your army. Any lord that has his or her fief threatened should also abandon the army at the cost of taking a hit to relations and poorer relations should affect the cost of recruiting lords into armies.

Lastly, this should open up the opportunity for internecine battles. Civil war or just squabbling between blocs.

While we're on the topic of relations, I note that if we choose mercy upon capturing a fief, it's possible that we might take a hit to relations with certain lords. In Warband, every decision you take would improve some relations while decreasing other relations. This is not the case in Bannerlords which is a major shortcoming.

Secondly, unlike Warband, you have to fight through the dungeon with the crappy civilian gear. (Ok, some may find it "Realistic", but it pisses me off while I'm getting pwnd with one hit!).
This is actually a good thing because it makes civilian outfit mechanics (and the Roguery perks related to them which buff civilian weapons/clothing armor values) more important and makes the fight feel like higher stakes and more challenging.
Thirdly, and this is the major thing - whose idea was to make the STUPID AI fight beside you?? They are always rushing like madmen into a bunch of heavy geared and high-tier guards and they getting knocked out in, probably 99,9% of all cases!!! Considering the fact that they are wearing a civilian outfit and they are armed with some dumb low-tier hammer, they die very fast. I was trying to get out a lady from Battanian prison, but I've given up the idea, because the Falxmen knocked her out with ONE HIT and she rushed into them and gave me no space - they clashed in the doorways, so I couldn't even help her, I was forced to stay behind her and wait until she get killed.

Devs, you need to revise that, you need to AT LEAST give us the opportunity to tell them to stay out of fight, just like we could do it in Warband (and I always told them to stay, because they stupidly rushed into the guards in WB as well).
Agreed 100%.
Whoever thought that prison breaks are good as they are now, should be punished by forcing that man into playing prison breaks for a few days 24/7.
I'm just glad they added it since it's optional right now and it can be fixed as they go. It's a good addition.

I would also add backstab to dmg calculation, some nice bonus scaled with rougery and maybe some perk?
Also I would utilize daggers and add HUUUGE dmg boost for backstabs because daggers are useless with their pathetic dmg...

Back
Top Bottom