when kicks get nerfed we need this and block stun sound

Users who are viewing this thread

soul_jak

Sergeant at Arms
Can we get a little stamina icon or something to let us know when we can kick again? It's a bit frustrating when u go to throw a kick but nothing happens especially when the kick nerf comes out?
ALSO
Block stun needs to have a different sound queue than the regular block sound or something cuz atm it feels like a really weird swing delay.

Can we get a little stamina icon or something to let us know when we can kick again? It's a bit frustrating when u go to throw a kick but nothing happens especially when the kick nerf comes out?
ALSO
Block stun needs to have a different sound queue than the regular block sound or something cuz atm it feels like a really weird swing delay.
A little kick icon could be nice to see when its available again, but once you kick enough you get a pretty good feel for when you can kick again.
Different sound ques for block stun and regular blocks would be great, knowing when you are forced to block twice in a row is big, as of right now I have no idea if I just lost my ability to trade swings or if I gotta block.

I dont think we should suggest adding any more sounds to the game until we have tangible proof they know how to tweak sounds without causing an apocalypse with a new patch.

I dont think we should suggest adding any more sounds to the game until we have tangible proof they know how to tweak sounds without causing an apocalypse with a new patch.
...you ask too much, sir.

But for real, we've all been saying it, the game needs more player feedback mechanisms. The mechanics are opaque to people who haven't been playing for a decade. It would absolutely help to retain new players if they could grok wtf was happening with some UI.
That being said, I think they've hesitated to do this because those mechanics are still very much in flux.
Lack of an understandable UI means players can't give informed feedback on mechanics devs are tweaking though.

At this point I'd be happy if they got rid of block stun altogether. It's such a frustrating, confusing mechanic and completely gimps shield infantry even though it's supposed to not affect shields too much.

There are times where you're stuck in a loop of block-stun where you can't respond to an enemy spamming, and it seems like it's even worse on weapons such as the menavlion which are already broken as **** without this.

Better sound cues will help you know what's going on but in reality the feature just doesn't feel good or intuitive at all even when you know that it is happening.

At this point I'd be happy if they got rid of block stun altogether. It's such a frustrating, confusing mechanic and completely gimps shield infantry even though it's supposed to not affect shields too much.

There are times where you're stuck in a loop of block-stun where you can't respond to an enemy spamming, and it seems like it's even worse on weapons such as the menavlion which are already broken as **** without this.

Better sound cues will help you know what's going on but in reality the feature just doesn't feel good or intuitive at all even when you know that it is happening.
I hate the stun and any delay in combat, would be much better if it was responsive and u could accurately react to situations. Maybe once mp gets more recourses they can fine tune combat

Yeah man, though I fear it's more their design philosophy rather than a lack of resources to fix these things. I think it's working as intended even though a lot of the community don't like it, though I'm sure with time they'll iron those kinks out.

Was block stun in from the start of early access release? I guess I didn't have as much time in the game to notice the complexities, but it's really only been something I've noticed in the past few months.

Idk tbh but I do know if u last sec block u do a deflection which gets rid of the stun all together just a bit harder to time with rotation swings which I guess is kinda cool

Back
Top Bottom