Where has the idea that Taleworlds arent gonna add any more compelex features come from?

Users who are viewing this thread

but that donst in itself mean nothing major is gonna be added its just them being bad at comunicating

True. If I borrow $10,000 from you and when you keep politely reminding me of repayment - i flat out ignore you for months on end. You could blame that on 'bad communicating' on my end. My bad.

I don't even know if this is a good idea of them doing something more complex.
You can see what they did with commands and troops speed...
Who thought this is a good idea?

They haven't really said anything major will be coming and in 9 months nothing major had been added. Rebellions is about the biggest thing they've added and while its definitely good content and needed it isn't "now were out of early access" type content.

giphy.gif

This is going to be fun. :iamamoron: ?

---
I don't even know if this is a good idea of them doing something more complex.
You can see what they did with commands and troops speed...
Who thought this is a good idea?

I think it is a good idea but not the way it was implemented. Check this

We're almost to what was originally supposed to be the end of EA and have gotten virtually no major content. Hell perks aren't even fully implemented yet.

Even if they double or triple their original timeline to 2 or 3 years, at this rate we'd be lucky to see 1 or 2 more big features and people are speculating that TW hopes to be out of EA by march.

The horrendous communication by TW obviously makes things much worse.

I just don't understand what went wrong here, they received a massive amount of money. Are they just not using it or are they just really bad at using it?

I just don't understand what went wrong here, they received a massive amount of money. Are they just not using it or are they just really bad at using it?
I think its just incompetence. You've got allstars like mexxico but he's clearly the exception not the rule.

Ive seen this said many times on the fourm in other topics but i want to know why people think this since i havent seen any of the devs say this?

Can't find the exact message, but I know mexxico stated that a few times, something like "x idea can be added if not complex". Maybe you can find it from his profile.

Because they scrapped the castle building. Furthermore they're really dragging their feet on already 'implied' features like pre-battle placement.
It seems unlikely large complex changes are coming, but it's possible.

I think its just incompetence. You've got allstars like mexxico but he's clearly the exception not the rule.
The devs seem talented and passionated about the game, i think it's the upper management that's holding their hands and being too conservative/unwilling to take risks with the game, they seem to want to make a shallow arcadey game to attract new players instead of catering to the strength of the series that made it a niche cult in the first place.

If you read the reviews about TW in glassdoor from ex employees it seems the biggest problem with the company is the upper management indeed, a shame since the original M&B made by Armagan and his wife alone was such a passionated and revolutionary work in it's time.

I'm beginning to wonder if any of these threads that ask anything about development are just trolling or flamebait but...

I'll tell you why I think that there aren't going to be any complex, or dare I say, significant features added: the head of the company said before the EA release that the game was a "very, very featured game, where you have so many different features" in its EA state, and that's why it will be sold for full price at EA release.

Armagan Interview

If the head of the company viewed Bannerlord as "a very, very featured game" on day one of EA, so "very featured" that it warranted a full price tag...

Why would they feel the need to add anymore features that are complex or significant?

they seem to want to make a shallow arcadey game to attract new players instead of catering to the strength of the series that made it a niche cult in the first place.
Yes. They appear to be trying to capitalize on the console player base to the detriment of the game as evidenced by the lack of immersion and complexity, their focus on that godawful radial layout for "gamepads" when things like pre-battle troop deployment (among other, arguably more essential things) aren't implemented yet, and this statement made back in April 2020:

V7hm9.jpg

I would say that TW are doing everything they can to get this game ready...
for consoles.

I don't work for TW so all I say is here-say, but a man has eyes and a memory, along with the ability to read... especially the writings on the wall.

Bannerlordu daha heyecanlı hale getirecek daha fazla zevk verecek bazı yeni özellikler önerilerim; deniz savaşları, yağmacı ve haydutların kendi kaleleri ve düzenli orduları öğren, suikast oyuna yenilik getirir, casusluk planı, haydutlardan farklı olarak eğitimli yeni gruplar, gelişmiş diplomasi sistemi, düşmanı zayıflatma düşündüğümüz kale ve şehirleri kendi askerlerimizle gizlice kale ve şehirlere sızıp ele geçirebilir, mühimmatlarını yok eder, lordlarını ve krallarını ve hatırı sayıları askerini öldürüp keşfederek keşfedilebilir. Ve en önemli içeriklerden biri de komplo kurmak çok fazla para harcamadan ve savaşmadan düşmanı olabiliriz. Görev çeşitliliğinin artması lazım.
Agreed my Turkish dude, although i find it unlikely i still have hope deep down me that they'll keep adding more awesome content, rebellions are great but after 9 months we are thirsty for more meaningful content, not that the bug and balance fixes aren't great, they are but the game needs more immersive systems to truly become legendary.

Well, we've had quite a few updates since EA release, and what major, complex features have we received since then? New sheep textures and barbers of course do not count. The modding tools are the only truly legit things that come to mind.

Even rebellions aren't actually a complex feature, since they basically utilize already existing systems. So they didn't really need to add much to the game, they just played around with what was already there.

Mind you, that I'm not bashing TW here. It's just that they did not give us any reasons to believe anything truly major and new is going to come, and they never really corrected us, when we voiced the opinion that they have no intention to add anything major. Put 2 and 2 together and you get your answer.

I think we only have balancing and bug fixes left. Anything "new" will only be repurposed assets and I fully believe EA will end around one year as planned with a console release. Maybe a month after but no additional 6 months added to EA. I mean at this point with how far TW works anything new would take months just to internally test let alone let us beta it.

Because they want to get as many people as possible so adding a bunch of complex, deep and time consuming mechanics would be a no-no for the people that buy games on a whim, play those games for a couple of hours and never touch them again.

Problem with that is alienating their fanbase like so many other niche games have done, some even trying to grab people from other genres and failing to be meaningful in any of their targets (DoW 3 going for the moba approach).

Sad as it is, there is no way around it, they are likely to finish stuff that is already in the code (the conformity prisoner recruitment, for example, I saw it in the code in 1.5.4, even tried to mess around with it until I found out it wasn't in use), include a few features that won't make up for the potential the game had, fix blatant bugs that are left over and release it on both PC and consoles. I feel pity for the console people that won't get to mod their games and are left with the feeling of "this could've been so great if they gave this or that more attention".

I hope they don't delete the suggestions forum once they release the game, there are plenty of good suggestions that will become mod ideas in the future. Besides, mods make them comfortable with not adding depth, if we want it, we can include it ourselves, and they can just claim they made a good base that allows so much to be built upon. Popular mods showcased by content creators will push new sales and keep the game alive.

I hope they don't delete the suggestions forum once they release the game, there are plenty of good suggestions that will become mod ideas in the future. Besides, mods make them comfortable with not adding depth, if we want it, we can include it ourselves, and they can just claim they made a good base that allows so much to be built upon. Popular mods showcased by content creators will push new sales and keep the game alive.
Why would they delete the suggestion forum? it's a convenient place where people can voice their suggestions and ideas, only for them to be unheard and then forgotten. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom