In the new year TaleWorlds should put out a revised update about their plans and timings for the game

Users who are viewing this thread

stevepine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
March isn't going to be the end of EA. I mean, obviously.

So the community really should be updated with new and revised plans for 2021 from TW.

Right?

Last edited:

So the community really should be updated with new and revised plans for 2021 from TW.

Right?

Clearly, since Soon is the most important meme on this forum, I don't think we need more dates. I mean, We should be playing this game on 2016 according earlier dates.

What we need is a clear roadmap and thoughts about what they want to achieve on this product.

But in the case they will just to add rebelions, child learning and some balances, they wont tell us, so, this post will go nowhere, as always.

Clearly, since Soon is the most important meme on this forum, I don't think we need more dates. I mean, We should be playing this game on 2016 according earlier dates.

What we need is a clear roadmap and thoughts about what they want to achieve on this product.

But in the case they will just to add rebelions, child learning and some balances, they wont tell us, so, this post will go nowhere, as always.

Well yeah, of course a road map would be great. But my expectations are quite a lot lower .....I would just be happy with a couple of clear goals for Q1 and Q2 of 2021.

Last edited:
From what I understood, they don't have much more that they wish to add to the game. Only a couple of features, tweaking and a couple of new maps are left for them to implement, before they're done. It's not that much, but in the past, they mentioned they were on track to finishing the game by March. I guess that means no heraldic armor. :sad:
Of course, I could be wrong, and I apologize if I am.

From what I understood, they don't have much more that they wish to add to the game. Only a couple of features, tweaking and a couple of new maps are left for them to implement, before they're done. It's not that much, but in the past, they mentioned they were on track to finishing the game by March. I guess that means no heraldic armor. :sad:
Of course, I could be wrong, and I apologize if I am.

I agree, I will eat crow if I am wrong.

For starters you're assuming that they're gonna actually add new content, which lets be honest, in the video game industry is a terrible assumption to make. When has a game ever exceeded your expectations in terms of options and content? I'm gonna guess never.

Secondly, the idea that Taleworlds could adhere to a schedule is laughable. Even if they do add a ton of new content they've shown themselves to be terrible planners and simply awful at managing time. What relam10 said is right, soon (late) is all you need to know.

March is not a chanse, they have not even succeeded in balancing this game. If they dont start balancing captain mode different from siege and skirmish it will never be balanced. And they simply cant release a unbalanced game, that would be insane :grin:

This would all involve them caring about their fan-base and properly communicating with them, which clearly isn't going to happen as it hasn't yet. Unless they just don't even have a roadmap or a strategy even internally, which with this update schedule so far it could be a thing

Hey at least they got their payday

The thing is, if they don't add a lot of new scenes to the game - castles , cities, more villages etc... (and related mechanics) then they would be breaking a tonne of promises... ones that they know they made.

If they released the game with only one or two more features, as some people are suggesting here.... then TaleWorlds will not only disappoint the whole community but their reputation as a company would lie broken and in tatters.

I don't think that they will want that.

So for that reason, the content WILL come ... it's just going to be terribly late and behind schedule.

The thing is, if they don't add a lot of new scenes to the game - castles , cities, more villages etc... (and related mechanics) then they would be breaking a tonne of promises... ones that they know they made.

If they released the game with only one or two more features, as some people are suggesting here.... then TaleWorlds will not only disappoint the whole community but their reputation as a company would lie broken and in tatters.

I don't think that they will want that.

So for that reason, the content WILL come ... it's just going to be terribly late and behind schedule.

Thats true. I cannot believe that TaleWorlds has what we have right now as the "finished" product in mind. If they do they haven't kept their promises. As of right now (ignoring balancing issues and missing scenes) Warband in its native form is still largely the superior game. This is quite embarrassing for Bannerlord.

I have lost hope that Bannerlord will be the game that was hyped by the developers for years soon after the release.
But If they have in mind that the product that they have right now is the product we wanted and waited for (excluding the over hyping for years which of course cannot be satisfied) then they are delusional. We wanted Mount&Blade 2 after all and not Mount&Blade1.2.

But if the "one year and this thing will be out of beta" wasn't a huge miscalculation then this seems to be the case.

Right?
already been asked to hell and back, never happened before, won't gonna happen now. Wanna know what's my guess? The game is basically this empty shell we have been fooling around with, add some minor silly "features", and they'll call it the day. Any significant and essential updates are highly likely to be sold as DLC much further down the line.... Don't feel as I've wasted money because it was a bet, preferred to put some faith on them, and as I've predicted years ago, they failed to meet up anything that I would call quality, game's mediocre and disappointing. Mods might lift it up, but that will take a while, I just hope that the new engine works as a better platform for mods than Warband, but if it's bound by similar limitations, even the mods are gonna end up being underwhelming tbh.

Last edited:
already been asked to hell and back, never happened before, won't gonna happen now. Wanna know what's my guess? The game is basically this empty shell we have been fooling around with, add some minor silly "features", and they'll call it the day. Any significant and essential updates are highly likely to be sold as DLC much further down the line....

Not much of a chance anyone buys DLC from a company like this if they actually did that. Mods would just be the sole method of finishing/extending the game. They would just be flooded with negative reviews for even offering DLC without going above and beyond at this point

Not much of a chance anyone buys DLC from a company like this if they actually did that. Mods would just be the sole method of finishing/extending the game. They would just be flooded with negative reviews for even offering DLC without going above and beyond at this point
you are wrong, people would buy it, thing is that TW won't ever grow, which I am not sure if it's a bad thing really... Every company that has grown has become a cash-milking machine in the gaming industry, so it's quite paradoxical, on one hand if they do not grow their quality gets hindered by lack of funds/size, on the other if they do grow, quality gets hindered by suits and their money fetishes... Best games (overall Design quality) are all over 10 years old, during this decade we had some "gems" (not as good as the older games regarding Design) but that manage not to fail miserably compared to the competition, those being like, skyrim, the witcher 3 (this one is good, but it's not as good as old stuff like Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate, Morrowind, etc), maybe one or 2 others, and that's it, for a whole decade... So I take the win where I can, at least TW isn't part of a garbage like Eletronic Arts, or that disgusting tencent, grateful for that... Oh, almost forgot, even Blizzard became yet another uncle "ca$$$$h", Diablo 3 was and still is a fiasco to me. (won't even mention Bethesda and that disgusting Todd Howard piece of ****)

Last edited:
you are wrong, people would buy it, thing is that TW won't ever grow, which I am not sure if it's a bad thing really... Every company that has grown has become a cash-milking machine in the gaming industry, so it's quite paradoxical, on one hand if they do not grow their quality gets hindered by lack of funds/size, on the other if they do grow, quality gets hindered by suits and their money fetishes... Best games (overall Design quality) are all over 10 years old, during this decade we had some "gems" (not as good as the older games regarding Design) but that manage not to fail miserably compared to the competition, those being like, skyrim, the witcher 3 (this one is good, but it's not as good as old stuff like Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate, Morrowind, etc), maybe one or 2 others, and that's it, for a whole decade... So I take the win where I can, at least TW isn't part of a garbage like Eletronic Arts, or that disgusting tencent, grateful for that... Oh, almost forgot, even Blizzard became yet another uncle "ca$$$$h", Diablo 3 was and still is a fiasco to me. (won't even mention Bethesda and that disgusting Todd Howard piece of ****)

I do agree with you on practically everything you said. I just don't think TW's issues right now are it's size or funds. It's seems like they are just extremely unorganized, without a proper strategy or maybe even the right developers/art team to make it happen. They made a crazy amount of money on early release and here we are 9 months later with not much to show for it. Sole developers have accomplished more in less time. How long did it take us to get perks to the point they are now and they still aren't even finished. These are simple perks, if you have this perk then edit this number by 10% etc. etc. On bannerlordperks you can see that random developers not even behind the game can clearly see why certain perks are bugged, but we can't seem to get a fix for them over the course of months

Extremely slow progress and virtually no communication/roadmap with your customers is certainly better than a cash grab, but not by much

Personally I think the game is almost finished, one or two major features are missing and a few minor features. It will probably not be ready by March, but full release will definitely be in 2021. This is also in line with their promises at the beginning of EA.

I don't know where the idea comes from that lots of major stuff is still missing. You either didn't play Warband or you had completely unrealistic expectations which obviously aren't based on Warband.
Bannerlord is supposed to have better graphics, a few new mechanics and QOL improvements. It isn't supposed to be an entirely different game.

If you take a look at other franchises you'll realise that they are mostly just updating the graphics and some QOL stuff as well.

There is many things TW should do, but at this point, better thing is to forget all this, remenber M&B in 5 years and be "surprise" they finally make Bannerlord a M&B game.

I will not buy any DLC if i think the base game not finish, satisfying. Still 40€ for Bannerlord was worth it to support company (hoping for mods), like 12€ was worth it for Viking Conquest.

Personally I think the game is almost finished

You never play sieges? :rolleyes:

Bannerlord is supposed to have better graphics, a few new mechanics and QOL improvements. It isn't supposed to be an entirely different game.
If it was that people would be happy: Warband with better graphics, better scene size, better battle size, better formations. You have all this but you don't have the basic Warband features like chosing your character background, sieges are completely broken, mariage is a joke, relations system is bad, castle halls are empty... etc... You have like 1000 threads about what's missing/ don't work in Bannerlord.

Last edited:
You never play sieges? :rolleyes:

I do, but I also played sieges in Warband. Which were a 1000 times worse. In the meantime I hope that Bannerlord sieges get some improvements in the next 6 months.

If it was that people would be happy: Warband with better graphics, better scene size, better battle size, better formations. You have all this but you don't have the basic Warband features like chosing your character background, sieges are completely broken, mariage is a joke, relations system is bad, castle halls are empty... etc... You have like 1000 threads about what's missing/ don't work in Bannerlord.

First, people are happy. Reviews on Steam are incredibly good, even better than my own view of the game.

Second, none of the missing Warband features are major / require lots of work. They can easily add the missing stuff in the next months. You are saying marriage is a joke. It was a joke in Warband as well. The only difference is that you can learn 10 different poems from 10 different people in taverns. If this would turn Bannerlord into the perfect game for you, anyone can develop such a feature in less than 2 hours. Books are the same thing, they were just items with a skill modifier as long as they are in your inventory. Feasts are even simpler, just tell all lords to come to a castle. That's it. I could go on and on, fact is, there aren't any major / complex features missing from Warband. The vast majority of missing stuff wouldn't even affect balancing, which is probably the reason they want to implement the more complicated stuff first, like rebellions, education, death and birth, etc.
If they would add books as a skill modifier on Monday, I promise you that the same people who are now complaining about missing Warband features would complain about the implementation of books instead of doing something more important.

Lots of people complain about a lack of immersion and activities in towns. But when TW added barbers all they got was snark and discouragement. Personally I'd say that barbers are a low hanging fruit, it was good they added them and it probably didn't take much resources. It adds immersion and gives us a reason to visit towns, which is exactly what we asked for.

Here you go here is a feast like in warband: call an army with all your lords go to a town enter the lords hall and there you go its literally the same

Back
Top Bottom