Bannerlord is in the worst state ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Again you're stating opinions. Warband looking like **** is also your opinion. The game obviously looks like **** but again, if you're gona push for "your own opinion" live up to it. Also bannerlord is standing on warband shoulders, that's a fact.

If you want to play a numbers game here we go:

Bannerlord 11 858 players released less then a year ago in EA
Warband 5 390 players released 10 years ago

Conclusion: Bannerlord is sh!t.

Warband 97% positive reviews
Bannerlord 86% positive reviews

Conclusion: Warband is better

See how well u can play this game without any context?

Yes I know that is an opinion, what are you talking about?

Wich is expected from an Early access, have none here been playing an EA before?

Lucky uss it never was in 10 years development then. I mean Warband came out 10 years ago.
Except it was honey. Do you think Rockstar is currently not working on GTA VI because they didn't release anything about it?

Games are developed before they are announced if you didn't know.

Except it was honey. Do you think Rockstar is currently not working on GTA VI because they didn't release anything about it?

Games are developed before they are announced if you didn't know.

I have no clue why you're comparing Rockstar with Taleworlds but okay. Keep that fantasy alive. Also Taleworlds is way to small company to develop expansions and a second game in the same time.

I have no clue why you're comparing Rockstar with Taleworlds but okay. Keep that fantasy alive. Also Taleworlds is way to small company to develop expansions and a second game in the same time.
100 devs= way too small to develop a game in less than 10 years?

Like mush said most of our problems are with the developers design choices not the agonizing snails pace at which they develop

Look for "Unannounced project". And tell me that studios don't develop games before they announce them, or TW doesn't have the "ability" to work on two projects.

I won't even respond to the rockstar comment because honestly, there is nothing to explain to such a simple comparison. If you don't have the ability to understand a comparison, it's not my problem.

Taleworlds has 1/4 of the ammount of developers from the two studios which worked on CS:GO. Imho, they should atleast be able to deal with a playerbase of 250.000 people - almost fitting to the highest number of players.

game development can be pretty expensive (Csgo costed like 150 million dollars to make)

This will be mere a speculation, but I think that taleworlds had a budget constraint, and of course if the SP is the one that is bringing cashflow to the business, more resources will be allocated on that. There are alot more factors into play than just the dev size.

Last edited:
100 devs= way too small to develop a game in less than 10 years?

Like mush said most of our problems are with the developers design choices not the agonizing snails pace at which they develop

No that's not what I said. I said Taleworlds is to small to work on multiple projects. Of those hundred they are not many coders and designers.

Look for "Unannounced project". And tell me that studios don't develop games before they announce them, or TW doesn't have the "ability" to work on two projects.

I won't even respond to the rockstar comment because honestly, there is nothing to explain to such a simple comparison. If you don't have the ability to understand a comparison, it's not my problem.

I have never stated that games are not being developed without being announced, what the actual horse dunge are you talking about? Everything points to the fact that Bannerlord have not been in development for 10 years. If you find concrete proof that this installation of Bannerlord has been I will change my mind, you simply guessing on somehting very unlikely is no proof.

I know the differense between Rockstar and Taleworld I just dont know why you're comparing them. Do you usually analyse mundane things like why a roman armed with shield and shortsword dosent stand a chanse against a Leopard tank? Just like Taleworlds and Rockstar both are game developers both from my example are made for war. Most people would get to the same conclussion pretty quick.

game development can be pretty expensive (Csgo costed like 150 million dollars to make)

This will be mere a speculation, but I think that taleworlds had a budget constraint, and of course if the SP is the one that is bringing cashflow to the business, more resources will be allocated on that. There are alot more factors into play than just the dev size.

That's absolutely correct!

Everything points to the fact that Bannerlord have not been in development for 10 years

I've heard that bannerlord was annouced in 2012 so roughly 8 years~

Yes we can all agree that it has been a long time, but if we don't know how many copies were sold during that time period we cant really judge if they actually had the minimum amount of funding to progress at all(this is uncertain though) Then again all of us were expecting better result because 8 years should have been more than enough to create the baseline of the game. Instead we just got a game with a ton of bugs with controversial implementation without any support from the playerbase

Last edited:
I've heard that bannerlord was annouced in 2012 so roughly 8 years~

Yes we can all agree that it has been a long time, but if we don't know how many copies were sold during that time period we cant really judge if they actually had the minimum amount of funding to progress at all(this is uncertain though) Then again all of us were expecting better result

Sure, 8 years is plausible since their last own expansion was released 2012. Also lets take into consideration that they made their own inhouse 3D game engine and most developers agree that it takes between 3-4 years to create depending on scope and as we know Bannerlord's scope is quite big so I would guess on 4 years. Now we're down to 4 years of actual game development on a NEW engine wich the developers also need to learn to work with so the first year will probably be real slow. So maybe 3-4 years of actual game development based on some median numbers.

Everything is ofcourse speculations, but the engine probably took quite some time to develop.

Sure, 8 years is plausible since their last own expansion was released 2012. Also lets take into consideration that they made their own inhouse 3D game engine and most developers agree that it takes between 3-4 years to create depending on scope and as we know Bannerlord's scope is quite big so I would guess on 4 years. Now we're down to 4 years of actual game development on a NEW engine wich the developers also need to learn to work with so the first year will probably be real slow. So maybe 3-4 years of actual game development based on some median numbers.

Everything is ofcourse speculations, but the engine probably took quite some time to develop.

How could anyone have a productive discussion with you when you pull numbers out of nowhere then assume they're correct?

Take a look at this:

The shield mechanic bug if you look in the threads here, was reported in March 16, 2020 (by terco). This issue hasn't been fixed for over 7 months. Its not even like a critical critical bug. Just shows really the reality of the expectation

How could anyone have a productive discussion with you when you pull numbers out of nowhere then assume they're correct?

It's not taken from nowhere, we know their last expansion was made 2012 and we know Taleworlds is a tiny company (In comparisson Rockstar has over 2000 employees) and I'm not even counting Viking conquest that was released 2014 but I've heard Taleworlds hired some guys to make it so I dont count that one as Taleworlds, atleast not full time.

We know they made their own inhouse engine wich takes alot of time. Most people know it's real hard to learn to work with a new probably buggy engine at the start so that takes time.

You just want to paint the company really bad and you're not looking at any real facts.

Edit: Or if you have any real facts please give them to me so I can reconsider my statements, but so far people just tell me "10 years, big company, 100 emplyees" sh!t like that makes me think you dont have a clue.

Well, they announced it in 2012, let's say they realized a year later that they need their own engine. A game engine requires 2 to 3 years, was just looking at a list of game engines and then searched for their dev time. That would be 2015-16, so that's 4-5 years of developement with a 100 men strong company, this is no indie dev studio anymore and for 50 € - they need to deliver something

Charge triple AAA prices, get triple AAA expectations. To be honest most of the suggestions made are no where near AAA expectations anyway, that would be the stuff like campaign co-op or naval combat. I haven't paid this much for a game in a long, long time and the only justification I had was that it would be '8 years' worth of content. I've got my moneys worth so far in terms of hours, but there's still a long way to go before I'm truly satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom