Bannerlord is in the worst state ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, they announced it in 2012, let's say they realized a year later that they need their own engine. A game engine requires 2 to 3 years, was just looking at a list of game engines and then searched for their dev time. That would be 2015-16, so that's 4-5 years of developement with a 100 men strong company, this is no indie dev studio anymore and for 50 € - they need to deliver something

Also sound plausible. But 100 emplyees is not a big game developer company (Not indie either) and 4-5 years development is really short. 50€ is expensive, that's literally the only reason I can see people can be mad about. Because 50€ is AAA pricing without EA.

Also sound plausible. But 100 emplyees is not a big game developer company (Not indie either) and 4-5 years development is really short. 50€ is expensive, that's literally the only reason I can see people can be mad about. Because 50€ is AAA pricing without EA.

That's why everyone is mad about it or atleast I am, don't know. Fact is, I'm furious that you need to pay 50 € for that game and don't even have proper MP servers

That's why everyone is mad about it or atleast I am, don't know. Fact is, I'm furious that you need to pay 50 € for that game and don't even have proper MP servers

That's totally fair, I'm not even arguing about that. If people raged more about pricing instead of development time and company strength it would be totally justifiable.

That's totally fair, I'm not even arguing about that. If people raged more about pricing instead of development time and company strength it would be totally justifiable.

Well, I once compared it to Ark (different game for sure, but with proper running servers and even connection between those and it went through EA aswell), it was build in 3 years by a dev studio of 60 employees. And Bannerlord is not on a higher level than Ark imho, so i can see why people are also mad waiting 8 years, 4 of them beeing developement time.

Another thing, which is more worrying for me tho, is that literally everyone is unhappy. The competititve section in skirmish (me included) is unhappy, captain section is very unhappy from what i've read and the group of guys and girls more focused on singleplayer are not happy aswell. Something clearly went wrong somewhere in the past years

Well, I once compared it to Ark (different game for sure, but with proper running servers and even connection between those and it went through EA aswell), it was build in 3 years by a dev studio of 60 employees. And Bannerlord is not on a higher level than Ark imho, so i can see why people are also mad waiting 8 years, 4 of them beeing developement time.

Another thing, which is more worrying for me tho, is that literally everyone is unhappy. The competititve section in skirmish (me included) is unhappy, captain section is very unhappy from what i've read and the group of guys and girls more focused on singleplayer are not happy aswell. Something clearly went wrong somewhere in the past years

Yes we do know that Bannerlord have huge problem with their management. If you read Taleworlds employeer reviews on Glassdoor you can see this, they also mention it's hard to work with their engine, wich is where I got that information from.

Me as a captain player is really dissatisfied with the game mode as it is now and I've voiced this. Dont take me as a defender of Taleworlds, I've also given them a bad review on Steam but I want the criticism to be on the right place and for the right things. And I've stated countless times that Bannerlord needs ALOT of work and is nowhere near complete, I also think or rather hope that their 1 year EA plan gets extended.

Yes we do know that Bannerlord have huge problem with their management. If you read Taleworlds employeer reviews on Glassdoor you can see this, they also mention it's hard to work with their engine, wich is where I got that information from.

Me as a captain player is really dissatisfied with the game mode as it is now and I've voiced this. Dont take me as a defender of Taleworlds, I've also given them a bad review on Steam but I want the criticism to be on the right place and for the right things. And I've stated countless times that Bannerlord needs ALOT of work and is nowhere near complete, I also think or rather hope that their 1 year EA plan gets extended.

Didn't look into empleyee reviews yet, might do this later down the line.
I don't take you as a defender of Taleworlds, but I disagree with you saying that criticism to the game's state because of the time of developement is unjust, I think, people are as just to voice criticism because of that as for pricing reasons.

I think, most of the criticism is going into the right direction, it just needs to be heard...

They need to delay EA release the game won't be in a proper state next march, I agree on that one.

Didn't look into empleyee reviews yet, might do this later down the line.
I don't take you as a defender of Taleworlds, but I disagree with you saying that criticism to the game's state because of the time of developement is unjust, I think, people are as just to voice criticism because of that as for pricing reasons.

I think, most of the criticism is going into the right direction, it just needs to be heard...

They need to delay EA release the game won't be in a proper state next march, I agree on that one.

Then we just have to agree to disagree on this one. It probably comes down to what your personal opinion is on too long development. Anyhow I dont think keep talking about how long their development time have been will help with the games development. It's not really constructive criticism, Taleworlds know better then all of uss how long they have been in development and what happened under that period they dont really need to hear uss talk about it.

Also ofcourse poeple can criticise time development if they want, people can criticise anything they want. I'm not trying to censor people. Just once and for all come to a conclussion on this discussion that have been going on since before the release.

We can however agree that the game is in a bad state and Taleworlds have alot of work ahead of them.

Then we just have to agree to disagree on this one. It probably comes down to what your personal opinion is on too long development. Anyhow I dont think keep talking about how long their development time have been will help with the games development. It's not really constructive criticism, Taleworlds know better then all of uss how long they have been in development and what happened under that period they dont really need to hear uss talk about it.

Also ofcourse poeple can criticise time development if they want, people can criticise anything they want. I'm not trying to censor people. Just once and for all come to a conclussion on this discussion that have been going on since before the release.

We can however agree that the game is in a bad state and Taleworlds have alot of work ahead of them.

That's a solid end to a productive discussion, can only agree! May Taleworlds at the end make everyone happy :smile:

I have never stated that games are not being developed without being announced, what the actual horse dunge are you talking about? Everything points to the fact that Bannerlord have not been in development for 10 years. If you find concrete proof that this installation of Bannerlord has been I will change my mind, you simply guessing on somehting very unlikely is no proof.

I know the differense between Rockstar and Taleworld I just dont know why you're comparing them. Do you usually analyse mundane things like why a roman armed with shield and shortsword dosent stand a chanse against a Leopard tank? Just like Taleworlds and Rockstar both are game developers both from my example are made for war. Most people would get to the same conclussion pretty quick.
Why are you comparing tanks and romans?

Nope its been 10 years. If you want it to be 8 years so badly it doesnt change the fact it took 8 years for it to be in EA and still proves my point.

After that reply you have done to Canton, i'm done talking to a hypocrite who keeps asking for proof but gets numbers out of his ass

Why are you comparing tanks and romans?

Nope its been 10 years. If you want it to be 8 years so badly it doesnt change the fact it took 8 years for it to be in EA and still proves my point.

After that reply you have done to Canton, i'm done talking to a hypocrite who keeps asking for proof but gets numbers out of his ass

Well then lets consider this discussion done and move on then :smile:

If we go back to fast combat new players will never want to play the game (Warband spamfest ala gore). Also splitting upp the already small player base into more gamemodes is exactly what TW shouldn't do at the moment.
Which new players? Where are they? I see only core playerbase. "Also splitting upp the already small player base into more gamemodes is exactly what TW shouldn't do at the moment" is a most retarded bull**** I've ever read. MP is dead, because it is bad, not because playerbase is divided by modes or games.

Mate I can prefer and like whatever I want. If I did'nt like Warbands mechanics I wouldn't want them in Bannerlord. Warband simply looks like total sh!t and it's absolutely not fun except for a few people. There is a reason why Warband never had a big playerbase, such an unique game should have had a huge playerbase but it did'nt, why?

You can have your opinions and I can have mine, that's pretty much how everything in life works. If you think that your opinion is the devine perfect and everyone else who disagree is wrong you've already lost all your credability.

Now I cant press this enough but I've never stated that Bannerlord is where it should be, it needs alot of work. I simply dont want a Warband 1.5.
A few people lol, 99% of a playerbase. It seems that you and developers are the only people, who still play this ****.

Back
Top Bottom