Bannerlord is in the worst state ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Slow combat caters to a smaller audience. Nowdays games are much more fast paced. It just makes no sense to have a slow paced game for multiplayer when the market for competitive or multiplayer game in general is dominated by fast paced games.

Depends on the way said speed is implemented. Right now its so braindead its just spamming and spamming.

@Moton @Nalgasucia507
Can you two think harder about what bannerlord really needs instead of tossing the devs salad all day. trying to undo all the work the mp community has spent the last year doing for the sake of what? Having slow animations that look nice and are easier to block? It has taken so many people begging TW just to get the delays reduced to what they are now so we can have some semblance of a decent combat system and its still not even good enough.

Mate I can prefer and like whatever I want. If I did'nt like Warbands mechanics I wouldn't want them in Bannerlord. Warband simply looks like total sh!t and it's absolutely not fun except for a few people. There is a reason why Warband never had a big playerbase, such an unique game should have had a huge playerbase but it did'nt, why?

You can have your opinions and I can have mine, that's pretty much how everything in life works. If you think that your opinion is the devine perfect and everyone else who disagree is wrong you've already lost all your credability.

Now I cant press this enough but I've never stated that Bannerlord is where it should be, it needs alot of work. I simply dont want a Warband 1.5.

Last edited:
Mate I can prefer and like whatever I want. If I did'nt like Warbands mechanics I wouldn't want them in Bannerlord. Warband simply looks like total sh!t and it's absolutely not fun except for a few people. There is a reason why Warband never had a big playerbase, such an unique game should have had a huge playerbase but it did'nt, why?

You can have your opinions and I can have mine, that's pretty much how everything in life works. If you think that your opinion is the devine perfect and everyone else who disagree is wrong you've already lost all your credability.

I disagree. The combat system is the best combat system i experienced so far, so much more depth compared to bannerlord, and way more fluid.
The reason warband never had a big playerbase is because it's such a unique game, that only a very small playerbase played. The nerd game for medieval enthusiasts so to say.
However, they used better marketing strategies for bannerlord, ie. Streamers or Twitch in general. That's why the game had such a successful start. If only they had stuck and improved the warband system, it would've been the game, (hopefully) most players wished for.

I disagree. The combat system is the best combat system i experienced so far, so much more depth compared to bannerlord, and way more fluid.
The reason warband never had a big playerbase is because it's such a unique game, that only a very small playerbase played. The nerd game for medieval enthusiasts so to say.
However, they used better marketing strategies for bannerlord, ie. Streamers or Twitch in general. That's why the game had such a successful start. If only they had stuck and improved the warband system, it would've been the game, (hopefully) most players wished for.

That's cool, you can disagree with me just as much as I can disagree with you. Warband have had twitch streamers for as long as Twitch have been a thing, the fact is that it's not fun to watch a couple of dudes having spasms at eachother.

Bannerlord is still for the medieval enthusiasts and it's slower gameplay is alot more to the realistic style, never did you see people in medieval times fight like people do in Warband I mean really...

Also that's the thing right there, you're literally telling me the game cater to a small audience, why would you guys ever want Bannerlord to be the same? Do you guys only want another Warband that you, the same guys, can play just like you did 8 years ago?

Also you missed my Edit: " Now I cant press this enough but I've never stated that Bannerlord is where it should be, it needs alot of work. I simply dont want a Warband 1.5. "

That's cool, you can disagree with me just as much as I can disagree with you. Warband have had twitch streamers for as long as Twitch have been a thing, the fact is that it's not fun to watch a couple of dudes having spasms at eachother.

Bannerlord is still for the medieval enthusiasts and it's slower gameplay is alot more to the realistic style, never did you see people in medieval times fight like people do in Warband I mean really...

Also that's the thing right there, you're literally telling me the game cater to a small audience, why would you guys ever want Bannerlord to be the same? Do you guys only want another Warband that you, the same guys, can play just like you did 8 years ago?

Also you missed my Edit: " Now I cant press this enough but I've never stated that Bannerlord is where it should be, it needs alot of work. I simply dont want a Warband 1.5. "
It's cool that you disagree with me, more power to you!

Warband might have had twitch streamers, but you reach a way bigger audiance now than 10 years ago.

I think you misunderstood me here. I wished the game became a really huge success, why? Because a huge playerbase revives the whole clan community and i want my clan and the whole scene to grow!

While the gameplay is slower, i wonder how realistic it is that a heavy two handed sword or axe is way faster than any one handed weapon with a lighter weight?
You can't say the gameplay in bannerlord is realistic and it shouldn't be.
Now in bannerlord, the spamfest is even bigger than in warband. In warband you had counters like holding attacks, chambering and your positioning, all these things doesn't work properly or are not relevant in the game. So if you want to have less spam in the fighting, you should play warband, not even mentioning bannerlord's broken mechanics.

So, I for myself want a better warband with additional changes like they did in bannerlord. The class system was a compromise i can live with because it's more easy for beginners to start with, the directional blocking with the shield is a great feature, the graphics look awesome and skirmish with multiple lives adds a new layer to the strategic part of the game aswell as the multiple flags.

It's cool that you disagree with me, more power to you!

Warband might have had twitch streamers, but you reach a way bigger audiance now than 10 years ago.

I think you misunderstood me here. I wished the game became a really huge success, why? Because a huge playerbase revives the whole clan community and i want my clan and the whole scene to grow!

While the gameplay is slower, i wonder how realistic it is that a heavy two handed sword or axe is way faster than any one handed weapon with a lighter weight?
You can't say the gameplay in bannerlord is realistic and it shouldn't be.
Now in bannerlord, the spamfest is even bigger than in warband. In warband you had counters like holding attacks, chambering and your positioning, all these things doesn't work properly or are not relevant in the game. So if you want to have less spam in the fighting, you should play warband, not even mentioning bannerlord's broken mechanics.

So, I for myself want a better warband with additional changes like they did in bannerlord. The class system was a compromise i can live with because it's more easy for beginners to start with, the directional blocking with the shield is a great feature, the graphics look awesome and skirmish with multiple lives adds a new layer to the strategic part of the game aswell as the multiple flags.

Well I kinda think that I want what most people also want it's just that when I utter the words "I dont want another Warband" people seem to think that I want another game entirely wich is not true. I still want something like Warband but I want it improved. Someting I've probably failed to relay.

I actually think some 2 handed weapons is faster than some 1 handed weapons in real life beacause of the support hand. Not sure tho, cant recall where I got that information. Anyways, I think 2 handers needs alot of nerfing in Bannerlord no matter the historical facts. For starter, Crush through needs to be removed and that insane almost 180 degree reach of menavlions is just a joke. Among many other things.

Well I kinda think that I want what most people also want it's just that when I utter the words "I dont want another Warband" people seem to think that I want another game entirely wich is not true. I still want something like Warband but I want it improved. Someting I've probably failed to relay.

I actually think some 2 handed weapons is faster than some 1 handed weapons in real life beacause of the support hand. Not sure tho, cant recall where I got that information. Anyways, I think 2 handers needs alot of nerfing in Bannerlord no matter the historical facts. For starter, Crush through needs to be removed and that insane almost 180 degree reach of menavlions is just a joke. Among many other things.

So we see that we are actually on the same page! That's great :smile:

Of course noone wants to play a 1:1 copy of warband for the next 10 years, 10 years were enough for sure.
Agree with your second paragraph!

Now I cant press this enough but I've never stated that Bannerlord is where it should be, it needs alot of work. I simply dont want a Warband 1.5.

+1

+1.

Reason why warband didn't have playerbase: **** game

Reason why bannerlord got such a big playerbase: Warband

You make completely 0 sense. If warband was terrible, bannerlord wouldn't have had this hype behind it. Warband/Mount and blade are the reason why bannerlord is successful in the first place. Calling it **** is like saying ALL previous GTA series are absolute crap except GTA V. That's exactly how you sound like.

Also you have to stop being a hypocrite. Telling someone that it's his opinion, but right before that claim warband never had a playerbase because it wasn't fun is full on hypocrite mode.

Well I kinda think that I want what most people also want
Warband has one of the highest reviews on steam, a good sized dedicated playerbase years after release, and the greatest combat system I've ever encountered. It's okay if you didnt like the combat and want to advocate for it to become slower but you are definitely not in the majority wanting the combat to change in that way.

Reason why warband didn't have playerbase: **** game

Reason why bannerlord got such a big playerbase: Warband

You make completely 0 sense. If warband was terrible, bannerlord wouldn't have had this hype behind it. Warband/Mount and blade are the reason why bannerlord is successful in the first place. Calling it **** is like saying ALL previous GTA series are absolute crap except GTA V. That's exactly how you sound like.

Also you have to stop being a hypocrite. Telling someone that it's his opinion, but right before that claim warband never had a playerbase because it wasn't fun is full on hypocrite mode.

I never said Warband is sh!t I said it looked like sh!t. Also no Bannerlord lives upon it's own shoulders and hype. Warband have never ever had close to the numbers of concurrent players Bannerlord had at launch.

Also opinions and strait numbers are different, example: I think Bannerlord is sh!t = Opinion Bannerlord had 248.034 concurrent players at launch = fact. Also you need to understand that I'm talking about how it looked and not how it played, games change and if we only cared about gameplay and not graphics or animations Super mario on the NES would still be all the rage.

Warband has one of the highest reviews on steam, a good sized dedicated playerbase years after release, and the greatest combat system I've ever encountered. It's okay if you didnt like the combat and want to advocate for it to become slower but you are definitely not in the majority wanting the combat to change in that way.

The numbers you can find sadly tells another story. If you compare Warband to actual big games Warband is tiny af. It had a long life with many players coming back but never a huge playerbase.

" Well I kinda think that I want what most people also want "

What I meant with that is that I probably want to go more to the same direction as you guys but I'm bad at relaying that because I'm also saying that I dont want another Warband. I want a refined and improved Warband, I'm not saying that I dont want a game like Warband.

I don't think TW is a big enough company to handle and maintain a player base the likes of CS:GO of LoL or anything like that. It should fill the niche that it set out with the previous entries, and improve and expand on that. All things are pointing to that happening, it's just taking longer than initially expected.

On the topic though, I agree that MP is at its lowest point at the moment and will need more than just fixes to bring a lot of the players back.

Taleworlds has 1/4 of the ammount of developers from the two studios which worked on CS:GO. Imho, they should atleast be able to deal with a playerbase of 250.000 people - almost fitting to the highest number of players.

I think its unfortunate how they had 250k players launch for a bad game. Bannerlord multiplayer could have been good and still can be but it's not. Even sp isnt worth playing in the horrid state it's been in for ea.

I dont really agree that bannerlords initial "success" should attribute it to being a good game or that warbands small indie status means it is anything less than the greatest game of all time.

I never said Warband is sh!t I said it looked like sh!t. Also no Bannerlord lives upon it's own shoulders and hype. Warband have never ever had close to the numbers of concurrent players Bannerlord had at launch.

Also opinions and strait numbers are different, example: I think Bannerlord is sh!t = Opinion Bannerlord had 248.034 concurrent players at launch = fact. Also you need to understand that I'm talking about how it looked and not how it played, games change and if we only cared about gameplay and not graphics or animations Super mario on the NES would still be all the rage.
Again you're stating opinions. Warband looking like **** is also your opinion. The game obviously looks like **** but again, if you're gona push for "your own opinion" live up to it. Also bannerlord is standing on warband shoulders, that's a fact.

If you want to play a numbers game here we go:

Bannerlord 11 858 players released less then a year ago in EA
Warband 5 390 players released 10 years ago

Conclusion: Bannerlord is sh!t.

Warband 97% positive reviews
Bannerlord 86% positive reviews

Conclusion: Warband is better

See how well u can play this game without any context?

I find that almost all the issues I have with the game are by design. The underlying systems are really in depth and more often than not I'm genuinely having fun with the game. But some of the choices have been really strange and off-putting, along with the fact that the player base never really had the chance to thrive in other regions besides NA/Asia/Europe from the get go.

I suppose there'll be a resurgence of players at the full release, but the main attraction would be multiplayer mods and the inevitable flood of players brought in from streams and YouTubers. If the game is as heavily moddable as it looks to be, we could have a situation like DayZ on ArmA that brought in a massive slew of new players almost over-night.

Back
Top Bottom