Lamellar gear nerf

Users who are viewing this thread

Aeddes

Recruit
Hello.

Agree with balanced game, but the nerf on Lamellar gear is dumb.
How a fully covered with metal plates gloves/boots/shoulders are worst than half covered gear??????

Keep high protection values and increase the weight then.

Thanks in advance.

Because its a game. When the only faction(s) with access to high level armor the empire is, that would not be very balanced. Right?
And increasing the weight is someting they will probably do anyway. On top of that, increasing the weight while they sit on horses has very minor effect. Even when you concider Legionary being slow because of the weight, a faster and lighter unit will still die faster and more likely. it might influence your own choice of armor, but in terms of units, you would always put high armor over speed. Running faster in your death is not really a benefit :wink:

Because its a game. When the only faction(s) with access to high level armor the empire is, that would not be very balanced. Right?
And increasing the weight is someting they will probably do anyway. On top of that, increasing the weight while they sit on horses has very minor effect. Even when you concider Legionary being slow because of the weight, a faster and lighter unit will still die faster and more likely. it might influence your own choice of armor, but in terms of units, you would always put high armor over speed. Running faster in your death is not really a benefit :wink:
their balancing is garbage, always has been, there's a reason why so many balancing mods were made for WB and the classic M&B.

Lore.

"They are technologically more advanced than their neighbors..."

Edit:

...And increasing the weight is someting they will probably do anyway. On top of that, increasing the weight while they sit on horses has very minor effect.
Not everyone cheese with horses. Never did a run with horses here, only on foot. I eat horses on breakfast.

Even when you concider Legionary being slow because of the weight, a faster and lighter unit will still die faster and more likely.
Use your brain. Split units, run around, send shieldwall troops first, hammer and avil, etc.

It might influence your own choice of armor, but in terms of units, you would always put high armor over speed.
Of couse!

Running faster in your death is not really a benefit :wink:
Stop run, start think?

Edit 2: Nothing personal.*

Last edited:
Now chain mail boots are better than royal empire decorated boots? I don't know who is doing these changes but they make no sense. A Germanic saddle with a blanket is now the highest armor for horses in the game beating chain mail and lamellar full coverings? Some of this is just absurd.

Now chain mail boots are better than royal empire decorated boots? I don't know who is doing these changes but they make no sense. A Germanic saddle with a blanket is now the highest armor for horses in the game beating chain mail and lamellar full coverings? Some of this is just absurd.
Exactly!

Well let's hope they will figure out values first and then shuffle visuals around to make sense. But if they fail - well we have mods in that case.

Realistic battle mod is a must for me,i cant stand bows hitting like ak47 through the heaviest armor in game.

When the only faction(s) with access to high level armor the empire is, that would not be very balanced. Right?
The AI doesn't care about armor values at all in it's fights so it's just annoying to the player.
Having a little more armor was all Empire troops ever had going for them so it's a very
I mean it sucks and it was waste of time to have an employee tinker with it at all
change. Not that it matter much until they change how armor and damage calc works...ANY DAY NOW ?

They need to give the palatine guards back their second arrow stack if didn't yet! That nerf was brutal to the Emp troops for the player in live battle.

Archer's need 2 stacks!

Archer's need 2 stacks!

Archer's need 2 stacks!

The AI doesn't care about armor values at all in it's fights so it's just annoying to the player.
Having a little more armor was all Empire troops ever had going for them so it's a very
I mean it sucks and it was waste of time to have an employee tinker with it at all
change. Not that it matter much until they change how armor and damage calc works...ANY DAY NOW ?

They need to give the palatine guards back their second arrow stack if didn't yet! That nerf was brutal to the Emp troops for the player in live battle.

Archer's need 2 stacks!

Archer's need 2 stacks!

Archer's need 2 stacks!

This is what they have mostly done for 8 months, tinker with things. No real content or any kind besides a few armors.

I agree, after i saw that most of lamellar armor except the body armor is now mid/high tier armor that is outmatched by some random Battanian leather in armor values. And the aesthetics of units like Catpahracts look in 1.5.4 in my humble opionon totaly terrible considering what we had.

WHen I saw this my heart broke a bit, the Empire troops were just fine and the same goes for their weapons and armors, now when my favorite gear got this nerf I got seriously confused... Does anyone knows which the Dev take care of this? We could try have a discussion to him and send the feedbacks on his way

agree with this post even if Splint Boots have thicker steel made by real Sturgian men! Not some puss forged thin wet steel from Empire, even if its technology ads up to be more effective though (i think)

Last edited:
I join in the concern about the changes...in fact I made a thread after the patch was published commenting this:

6qv9J.jpg

I really don't understand the criteria used by Taleworlds for their last "balance" modification...

I would really like to know if the armor values provided by the latest workover are intended the way they are. It sure is hard to see the logic behind some of the new armor values.

Must have been another movie night again. This time, the main character has a nice set of silk clothing and he was able to defeat multiple enemies in armor. Just can't wait until they watch Bollywood historical fantasy movies.

Back
Top Bottom