Improve/Increase the skills and the number of female NPCs (nobles and wanderers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inappropriate behavior
Been in the game since warband. Seems you need to make your argument with TW

Sword sisters were one exception, cause of that it was cool. Not some crazie wanting to put women in every single battle line.

same guy who complained about "mixed" armies. go figure.

Yes, "mixed" troop types in a same battle line. A recruit of the Vlandians will become a Vlandian troop, not a emperial troop, his skin color don't make his training, but it's waste of time to talk with people with such low IQ.

This guy gets it.

Bannerlord is ment to be historical fantasy, not high fantasy.
Bannerlord is not historical fantasy, historical fantasy is taking a historical setting like Rome and then putting magic into it, its very much not historic, unless you start claiming that Calradia is this Narnia like universe, where military people from 100s of years apart somehow got a portal into the same world and instead of mixing up, kept their own disstinct armors and weapons. Calradia does not have any link to our world and it does not have magic, neither does it have any of our major religions, that brought forward alot of the attitude towards what women had to be (lesser than man). So at most its a fictional setting, a fantasy, that takes inspiration from some of our cultures when it comes to military, but clearly not religion. So i cant see why some women in battle is so unrealistic, when types you are already putting types of military up against each other who would never have met. Its about pushing the boundries of belief and that you balk at women in battle againt all the other things that are "unrealistic" in this setting, shows more about you than us.

SJW can't see anything cool without wanting to ruin it?

Calling people "SJW" is just name calling, means you have no actual argument.

It's always very selective what people actually include in realism or not. 85% of people in Medieval society were peasants. Are the people who feel including women ruins the immersion of the game going to do 85% of their playthroughs as a peasant until they die? Doubt it.

So, women leading armies is *as fantastical* as dragons and magic?
No its not in a simplified manner calradia is not a real place and if TW decides that calradia is now called poopy land that will be the new canon matter not like or not it is based of irl cultures does not mean the world is the same as our own if TW decides its a way it is that way and there is no changing it

Bannerlord is not historical fantasy, historical fantasy is taking a historical setting like Rome and then putting magic into it, its very much not historic, unless you start claiming that Calradia is this Narnia like universe, where military people from 100s of years apart somehow got a portal into the same world and instead of mixing up, kept their own disstinct armors and weapons. Calradia does not have any link to our world and it does not have magic, neither does it have any of our major religions, that brought forward alot of the attitude towards what women had to be (lesser than man). So at most its a fictional setting, a fantasy, that takes inspiration from some of our cultures when it comes to military, but clearly not religion. So i cant see why some women in battle is so unrealistic, when types you are already putting types of military up against each other who would never have met. Its about pushing the boundries of belief and that you balk at women in battle againt all the other things that are "unrealistic" in this setting, shows more about you than us.

Women not being on the military frontlines in history isn't about religion, its about biology and simple mathematics, pre-industrial civilizations cannot afford to place lots of women as a warrior class for the bigger reason of the huge risk of losing manpower recovery, its no coincidence that all major civilizations that survived did not even think of allowing this.

Add to that the fact that men by an absolute majority are stronger, faster and more disposable than women without having menstruation periods or risk of pregnancy and you got yourself another answer as to why a world trying to be immersive chooses men to be the majority of warrior classes, you don't even need to be a genius to figure it out.

Even if Bannerlord lore didn't follow reality in men being a more physical sex, as long they still follow basic biological reproduction rules in the same way as humans in our reality do then the answer is simple.

Women not being on the military frontlines in history isn't about religion, its about biology and simple mathematics, pre-industrial civilizations cannot afford to place lots of women as a warrior class for the bigger reason of the huge risk of losing manpower recovery, its no coincidence that all major civilizations that survived did not even think of allowing this.

Add to that the fact that men by an absolute majority are stronger, faster and more disposable than women without having menstruation periods or risk of pregnancy and you got yourself another answer as to why a world trying to be immersive chooses men to be the majority of warrior classes, you don't even need to be a genius to figure it out.

Even if Bannerlord lore didn't follow reality in men being a more physical sex, as long they still follow basic biological reproduction rules in the same way as humans in our reality do then the answer is simple.
Well we were speaking mainly in a commander role or as notables. not warriors. through there have been civilizations that had female warriors, religions and their view on women is a major part of of why that went away. Also you seem to think battles casualties are higher than they actually are, just because you loose a battle does not mean all lives are lost and a society is completely ruined, but again my point about all the other unrealistic things that are in the game was side skirted, why is female notables the BIG issue, and not soldiers in large armies dying of diseases, or the one about time periodes being forced together or the language all being the same when back in the middelages you would find so many different languages over short distances that you would have to have a common language to communicate, or how many weapons you can carry and weapon swapping?!?! how many people have you seen backholster a spear? theres so many more, but for some women is the the place they get upset and cry about, using terms like "waman" "PC culture" ect... clearly shows that their issue is more to do with women in general than with historical acuracy.

Well you're right that it's MENT to be historical fiction, the fantasy part is having women leading every other army and fighting.
its definately not historical fiction either, as that takes place in a real setting but often with fictional people living in real events, or making up fictional stories for real know people. Its a fantasy game that takes some inspiration from history, witch most fantasy does, you would not call Tolkien histoical fantasy just because it has inspiration from weapons and lore from our own history.

Sometimes threads like these always make me wonder if we deserve a completed Bannerlord.
My god this thread also makes me lose my faith in humanity loke ***** if this the problem you focused on from a fictional world and not actual problems makes me think we didnt get the same game

Honestly
I really hope the new scouting perks become more part centric than personal. Looking forward to seeing them.
Honestly I think the big thing about perks that they are probably trying to do is make them fun and impactful since rn you dont really feel that speed or damage bonus especially late on i think they are trying to actually like make mechanics with them so it isnt just flat values

Honestly
Honestly I think the big thing about perks that they are probably trying to do is make them fun and impactful since rn you dont really feel that speed or damage bonus especially late on i think they are trying to actually like make mechanics wi5h them so it isnt just flat values
i agree, i just hope they are more party centric, but the duality function of the newer traits would likely work well in scouting. if they can find enough personal bonuses that makes sense with a party bonus. like map movementspeed/personal movementspeed vs the pick of longer scouting range on map/better bow acuracy. we will see :smile:

Well we were speaking mainly in a commander role or as notables. not warriors. through there have been civilizations that had female warriors, religions and their view on women is a major part of of why that went away. Also you seem to think battles casualties are higher than they actually are, just because you loose a battle does not mean all lives are lost and a society is completely ruined, but again my point about all the other unrealistic things that are in the game was side skirted, why is female notables the BIG issue, and not soldiers in large armies dying of diseases, or the one about time periodes being forced together or the language all being the same when back in the middelages you would find so many different languages over short distances that you would have to have a common language to communicate, or how many weapons you can carry and weapon swapping?!?! how many people have you seen backholster a spear? theres so many more, but for some women is the the place they get upset and cry about, using terms like "waman" "PC culture" ect... clearly shows that their issue is more to do with women in general than with historical acuracy.

Again I was more replying to your religion comment, religion is just meaningless in the real world when it comes to women in the military you're probably refering to something like norse religions (no actual hard evidence of female warrior class here, contrary to popular belief), catharism or some obscure pagan religions , the very fact that these religions lost against others isnt just because they sucked at preaching.

Also to clarify, no not every battle or war takes up loads of casualties but that doesnt mean the possibility of a disaster isnt there, and in a pre-industrial world no one is gonna take those chances considering the consequences are so heavy, as an example take a look at Sweden after they lost their northern empire, their male population was hugely reduced just on account of military loses.

Also you seem to hold everything at a gameplay standard, most people realize its a game and that gameplay may not make sense in a complete concrete manner, but what I'm arguing is lore immersion how the world being described feels real or not, simply put if were were to suddenly see skinny women on every battlefield charging it'd add to the fact that its a completely silly game and not something trying to illude itself as plausible.

Also I stand against mysoginy or mindless hating but you seem keen on antagonizing everyone on the other side of the argument as a woman hater anyway because its the way you can get to intimidate people from writting responses i'd guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom