Does anybody like current Clan system (Singleplayer)?

Users who are viewing this thread

:grin: :grin: :grin:

56854964.jpg

Because you've filled this forum with so much positivity and helpful feedback? If I were a TW employee I would have all the toxic posters on mute.

Are you surprised no one listens to you when all you do is whine and insult people?

Last edited:
I grow so tired of the "I LOVE IT, but it needs improvement" sentiment from folks who know the emperor has no clothes, and probably won't ever get clothes for that matter.

@StewVader, well a forums is a place for people to freely express their opinion. The original poster asked an open ended question looking for impressions of the clan system.

If their opinions don't align with your own and that upsets you enough that you have to you have to reply negatively ad nauseam then it might be time take a step back.

I mention this specifically because you seem to have a back-and-forth going with user @MostBlunted. I haven't been on these forums very long, but it's been long enough to know he doesn't have anything constructive to contribute, which is why I have him muted.

Do what you want of course, but there are better ways to get your voice heard than complaining when others don't agree with you.

Because you've filled this forum with so much positivity and helpful feedback? If I were a TW employee I would have all the toxic posters on mute.

Are you surprised no one listens to you when all you do is whine and insult people?

Who are you replying to? I didn't "hear" or see anything. :smile:

A lot of constructive opinions. Thank you everyone and keep it up.

If i sum it up, most of you like the clan feature, but would like more features and interactions. If i am beeing a little sarcastic, this is becoming Bannerlord life story.

But it makes you wonder, what this game could have been. Hopefully it will be. The only thing we, as player base, can do is provide feedback/sugestions. Whether the feedback will be used is another topic.

My suggestions for clans and kingdoms:

1. Allow independent thought and actions within each clans. Allow plots, overthrows, in-fightings, duels, trials, executions, feasts, organized marriages and betrothals, assassinations and splitting of the clan into smaller clans. That would add SO much to the gameplay and the balancing of each person's power, to try not to over-extend oneself. Those things could be governed by Influence, or by some new metric such as interfamilial Influence, whatever fits best. Allow assigning fiefs to companions and family members. They won't just act like a mindless Governor, but a true vassal that maintains the fief and its garrison, stacks money, chooses its constructions and focuses, protects its villages and gathers a party for raiding and conquering of enemy territories. That vassal will take a share of the income, and will be truly independent. And, if relations between him and the player go down, there is a risk of defection and of loosing that fief to that companion's new clan.

2. Make Kingdoms less democratic votes and more imposed decisions by the King and positive/negative reactions to those decisions by the Kingdom's vassal clans (already in-game, my bad). Again, there should be plotting and various interactions (same as those mentioned higher) within each Kingdom, where certain vassal clans will seek greater power and governance of the faction. There should be ranks between the clans instead of having them all equals, and powerful clans within a Kingdom should rule over weaker ones in that same Kingdom.

3. Rename Clan into either Dynasty or Family. I can't stand having it named Clan. Just feels like being part of some nomadic tribe.

Clan fits for Khuzaits, Sturgians, Battanians, and even Vlandia depending on which end of the Norman time frame you are on.

So 4/6 fitting is "wrong"?

I mean sure, change what it's called based on culture, I guess, but to just outright say it's wrong when at least 50% are 100% Correct seems disingenuous.

Celts, Scandinavians and Steppe East Asians still call themselves "Clans" to refer to family in modern speech.

Dynasty and house are more Empire/Oriental.

As for Clan system improvements, give me a Viking Conquest style outpost, that I can build and maintain, and upgrade and I'd be happy. Add in more neutral clans, or clans in general so that Politics can be a bit more interesting.

As it stands the head of the clan would be the most powerful anyway, and control a lot of the major details, and the current Clan system for fief owning allows for more NPCs to run about with out constantly wanting to kill their lord over lack of fiefs.

More Inter-clan, and Interactions within your own clan would be nice, to develop reputation and just generally get to know your cohorts.
Perhaps make individual Clan rep more important by making it an overall % of the rep you have with everyone in the clan, so even if Papa Olek likes you, if the rest of his clan doesn't your rep will still be relatively low.

Why do people keep saying the clan system is awesome? Its not a system and its literally indistinguishable from a single NPC entity. I don't understand why people keep calling it a system. Its not a system, its just a label for a group of NPCS who act as a hive mind.
@StewVader, well a forums is a place for people to freely express their opinion. The original poster asked an open ended question looking for impressions of the clan system.

If their opinions don't align with your own and that upsets you enough that you have to you have to reply negatively ad nauseam then it might be time take a step back.

I mention this specifically because you seem to have a back-and-forth going with user @MostBlunted. I haven't been on these forums very long, but it's been long enough to know he doesn't have anything constructive to contribute, which is why I have him muted.

Do what you want of course, but there are better ways to get your voice heard than complaining when others don't agree with you.

All I said was I am personally tired of the people who say they love something but then also say it need lots of improvement. To me, its just a contradiction and is indicative of someone who knows there are tons of things missing but doesnt want to be critical of TW.

Again, this is my opinion. I didnt mention anyone or target any one specifically, just stating my opinion on the free and open forum. Not sure what you are actually accusing me of.

Either way, CK III just released and its a vastly superior game, so i won't need to come here and point out the glaring issues anymore.

Farwell TWs forum, I wish I could say its been fun.

Why do people keep saying the clan system is awesome? Its not a system and its literally indistinguishable from a single NPC entity. I don't understand why people keep calling it a system. Its not a system, its just a label for a group of NPCS who act as a hive mind.

All I said was I am personally tired of the people who say they love something but then also say it need lots of improvement. To me, its just a contradiction and is indicative of someone who knows there are tons of things missing but doesnt want to be critical of TW.

Again, this is my opinion. I didnt mention anyone or target any one specifically, just stating my opinion on the free and open forum. Not sure what you are actually accusing me of.

Either way, CK III just released and its a vastly superior game, so i won't need to come here and point out the glaring issues anymore.

?

I mean, CK is an entirely different game, with vastly more experience in the finer political aspects and developing games. Paradox has done numerous titles, and even Paradox has released some really poor games at launch. HOI4 Has had numerous problems, some that made the game unplayable initially. And on top of that Modders have added full Tech Trees and Political Focuses for the entire world, and HOI4 players complain that "Modders are finishing the game for paradox" so some people genuinely just like to berate games as a hobby.

That's kind of like comparing a typical Steak House, to a AAA Michelin Chef's Steak house. Both can be good, but one is arguably way more experienced in it.

I've been plenty critical of game aspects, but given that the Devs themselves haven't really given reason to be critical of them, there's not a reason to bash on the company itself. It's not like we're dealing with EA levels of Richardry where the entire point of the company is to bleed your wallet.

There's definitely still time for the game to improve, but tons of people enjoy it as it is now. Perhaps your nostalgia made the expectations for the game unrealistic, compared to what the design team is actually capable.

Which is more a problem on your end, not theirs. A Lot of people here have been disappointed by the game, but comparing it to warband, it's a huge improvement, Graphically, Engine wise, Economy wise, theres a lot more intricate depth. It's admittedly missing many features too, but there's still time for them to be added in before EA ends, and Devs like Mexxxico have proven they are willing and ready to listen to community feedback, even if we aren't getting massive amounts of Dev feedback as some people demand.

The feedback from the various devs across the forums is tenfold to that of most AAA game companies, Great examples being anything EA related, such as Battlefield, The Sims, or Ubisoft with Assassin's Creed and Skull and Bones --- A Pirate game that was announced to be released in 2018, and has been delayed numerous times with 0 reason to why, or if the project is even continuing.

I mean, CK is an entirely different game, with vastly more experience in the finer political aspects and developing games. Paradox has done numerous titles, and even Paradox has released some really poor games at launch. HOI4 Has had numerous problems, some that made the game unplayable initially. And on top of that Modders have added full Tech Trees and Political Focuses for the entire world, and HOI4 players complain that "Modders are finishing the game for paradox" so some people genuinely just like to berate games as a hobby.

That's kind of like comparing a typical Steak House, to a AAA Michelin Chef's Steak house. Both can be good, but one is arguably way more experienced in it.

I've been plenty critical of game aspects, but given that the Devs themselves haven't really given reason to be critical of them, there's not a reason to bash on the company itself. It's not like we're dealing with EA levels of Richardry where the entire point of the company is to bleed your wallet.

There's definitely still time for the game to improve, but tons of people enjoy it as it is now. Perhaps your nostalgia made the expectations for the game unrealistic, compared to what the design team is actually capable.

Which is more a problem on your end, not theirs. A Lot of people here have been disappointed by the game, but comparing it to warband, it's a huge improvement, Graphically, Engine wise, Economy wise, theres a lot more intricate depth. It's admittedly missing many features too, but there's still time for them to be added in before EA ends, and Devs like Mexxxico have proven they are willing and ready to listen to community feedback, even if we aren't getting massive amounts of Dev feedback as some people demand.

The feedback from the various devs across the forums is tenfold to that of most AAA game companies, Great examples being anything EA related, such as Battlefield, The Sims, or Ubisoft with Assassin's Creed and Skull and Bones --- A Pirate game that was announced to be released in 2018, and has been delayed numerous times with 0 reason to why, or if the project is even continuing.
+100

+1

Back
Top Bottom