Console Command

Users who are viewing this thread

This is how I literally imagine the convo went:

Dev A: We have to use ~ it’s literally the console button on everywhere

Dev B: But it’s already bound to freelook?

Dev C: Make it alt + ~ then?

A: Alt is bound to display team names... Shift would be way better

C: the dummies rebind everything anyways lmaoooo just imagine the tears on the forum after this it’s the only reason I like working here

A & B: no

C:

A:

B: push it to next week....

C: bound to alt + ~ to console 2 seconds before release

Everyone: Fuuuuuuuuuu

Also mouse button 4 free look, what kind of animal uses alt to freelook?

How did the multiplayer test team not report this?
Same root cause of most of the other problems with multiplayer: the developers have no idea what it means to play Mount&Blade multiplayer. Proper and consistant use of the tilde key is an upper-middle skill bracket(and higher) player trait, and based on what I've seen to do with development, I highly doubt TaleWorlds actually has any high level players. It's hard to report a problem when you don't use something that causes the problem.

Same root cause of most of the other problems with multiplayer: the developers have no idea what it means to play Mount&Blade multiplayer. Proper and consistant use of the tilde key is an upper-middle skill bracket(and higher) player trait, and based on what I've seen to do with development, I highly doubt TaleWorlds actually has any high level players. It's hard to report a problem when you don't use something that causes the problem.

I don’t think it’s fair to expect tw employees to be “high level players”. From what I understand they do have high level multiplayer testers in the eu, and apart from the fact that I’m sure they speak English, they have input from high level players who speak their own language. But I do agree, on the face of it all it really does seem like they don’t play their own game, I only hope they’re as unhappy and critical with it as we are.

Im referring to the actual community testers who are all europeans, mostly from the competitive scene.

Either taleworlds isnt giving them the actual correct versions to play on, or they are terrible playtesters.

I don’t think it’s fair to expect tw employees to be “high level players”.
Yeah, that's where the community comes in. The basic line of thinking for pretty much everything is that you seek out the most knowledgeable people in a particular thing that you can find. And that applies to everything. It's reasonable that the developers seek out the people that know the most what it means to play a game that they're trying to develop. They're either don't have playtesters of a high skill bracket, or they completely ignore what they're saying. Either results in the same crap that we see here.

Im referring to the actual community testers who are all europeans, mostly from the competitive scene.

Either taleworlds isnt giving them the actual correct versions to play on, or they are terrible playtesters.
Given the nearly unbelievable disconnect between the decision makers and their community, it's extremely likely that there's a disconnect between the developers and their testers as well. I've been in situations where anything that isn't in line with the confirmation bias of those in charge is rejected as exaggerated, hysterical, or downright lies. This is seemingly where we are now.

I think it was a really simple oversight that some people in this thread are blowing well out of proportion. Not many people use the look around key and tag key at the same time. The simple short term solution that you can do right now is to rebind one or both of these keys.

Other than that, all we can say is that we are aware of the issue and will fix it when we can.

Lowkey if you didn’t already rebind the look around key you’re kind of a scrub and should be ashamed of yourself lmao. It is a funny thread though we can have fun too

I think it was a really simple oversight that some people in this thread are blowing well out of proportion. Not many people use the look around key and tag key at the same time. The simple short term solution that you can do right now is to rebind one or both of these keys.

Other than that, all we can say is that we are aware of the issue and will fix it when we can.
The problem is when you have a bug with the game that has been present for a while now that otherwise would have prevented this by just simply changing the key.

The temporary fix would have been to simply rebind but people can't even do it because of the bug.

It sounds like you’re speaking from experience. Sounds hilarious I’d love to see the recording. Bro load up sp for like 20 seconds change the binding to mouse 4 it will change your life.

@Callum It would also be really great if we could get a second column so we can bind two keys to one command. Also single command for switch stance default to “q” key. Disable switch stance with movement keys. I’ll literally pay more money for dlc or skins w/e buy another copy let’s go come on

It would also be really great if we could get a second column so we can bind two keys to one command.

I have forwarded this request/suggestion to the devs (I think it is a good idea although there might be some issues with it that neither of us can see right now).

Also single command for switch stance default to “q” key. Disable switch stance with movement keys.

I would personally like this too, and have brought it up since I joined the company and first saw stances, but I think we are in the minority here and I don't have much hope for that being changed in all honesty.

I have forwarded this request/suggestion to the devs (I think it is a good idea although there might be some issues with it that neither of us can see right now).

I would personally like this too, and have brought it up since I joined the company and first saw stances, but I think we are in the minority here and I don't have much hope for that being changed in all honesty.
If I beat you in a game of tic tac toe, Can I see the new patch notes for 1.5?

Hancock I don’t have the patch notes or think they exist but I’m willing to play you tic tac toe if callum doesn’t accept

Hmm, if I remember correctly, stances were actually largely unpopular with Beta players. That was due to the fact that stances are controlled by your movement keys.
Binding stances to the press of a button actually sounds like a good solution.

Back
Top Bottom