Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine

Users who are viewing this thread

Thats a good sign that they're returning deep to engine code for re-factoring as opposed to just saying "eveythings fine" and building on shoddy foundations. Granted something good derives from it..

I know M&B isn't perfectly historical but potatoes didn't exist in medieval Europe
Bland root based starches didnt exist in medieval europe. I dont care what their name is or how far off they are from perfection of a potato. Give me some Po Tay Toes, boil them, mash them or stick them in a stew.

While i personally hold potatoes in high esteem, i do not think they are part of our current priorities.
Can we have a "Working on it right now", "Eventually, but not working on it right now", "Undecided" or "Not planned" for the following pieces of content, please? Just so we can have an idea of what to expect content-wise.

- Feasts
- Rescuing lords out of imprisonment
- Claimants
- 100% Sandbox mode (No main quest)
- Gender-based dialogue ("Sexist" dialogue)
- Troop recruitment from minor factions/mercenary clans

Copy & pasted from elsewhere:

>Full message log: One which didn't reset with every new conversation or event, so you could scroll back up to see what the hell just happened
>Being able to ask lords a large amount of questions like what the realm is doing and give them orders to go to places, telling them to attack or defend an area, warning them of enemies approaching, etc.
>Books
>Sneaking into cities scene battles
>Village upgrades: messenger posts, watchtowers, manors, schools etc
>Courtship: dedicating tournament victories, poems, visit quests, ladies had actual likes and dislikes like a human being
>Dueling lords if you were vying for the same lady or they insulted you as a woman
>Bright red hair
>Handcrafted unique companions that interact and have proper dialogue and backstories
>Setting up a camp to wait
>Wedding cutscene
>Working as a tax collector
>Lord personalities affecting their behaviour noticeably
>Greater food variety
>Way more different battle scenes thanks to dynamic map generation
>Greater variety in equipment between cultures
>Deserters and Manhunters on the map
>Slave traders
>Troops wearing your banner emblem on their clothes; varied shield and clothing colours+

Edit:
I read through some cut content found in the game files and thought I'd ask about them too:

- More complex Deserter "faction" with a leader(?)
- Slave rebellions

And a personal want of mine:

- More heavily culturally-themed equipment for the factions?

Last edited:
Can we have a "Working on it right now", "Eventually, but not working on it right now", "Undecided" or "Not planned" for the following pieces of content, please? Just so we can have an idea of what to expect content-wise.

- Feasts
- Claimants

>Full message log: One which didn't reset with every new conversation or event, so you could scroll back up to see what the hell just happened
>Being able to ask lords a large amount of questions like what the realm is doing and give them orders to go to places, telling them to attack or defend an area, warning them of enemies approaching, etc.
>Books
>Courtship: dedicating tournament victories, poems, visit quests, ladies had actual likes and dislikes like a human being
>Dueling lords if you were vying for the same lady or they insulted you as a woman
>Bright red hair
>Handcrafted unique companions that interact and have proper dialogue and backstories
>Wedding cutscene
>Greater food variety
>Slave traders
>Troops wearing your banner emblem on their clothes; varied shield and clothing colours+

Edit:
I read through some cut content found in the game files and thought I'd ask about them too:

- Slave rebellions

I second that vigorously. All listed here has been a natural part of Mount & Blade gameplay for 13-8 years and the absence of these features in Mount & Blade 2 is hugely confusing!
I'd add
>Assassins sent for you by the lords that hate you.
>A chance to be attacked by bandits when you enter the town in the night

Last edited:
So much good stuff in the list... when will we finally start making progress on it? ? (y)

- Feasts
- Claimants

>Books
>Bright red hair
>Wedding cutscene
>Greater food variety
>Slave traders

Edit:

- Slave rebellions

Sounds an awful lot like a Minecraft-Skyrim hybrid loaded with mods, I doubt most of those things on the list would even be suggested by the staff, let alone be implemented on the base game. I'd rather stick to what the devs actually said about the game being an Action RPG than whatever it is 1/4rd of the community want this game to be.

Sounds an awful lot like a Minecraft-Skyrim hybrid loaded with mods, I doubt most of those things on the list would even be suggested by the staff, let alone be implemented on the base game. I'd rather stick to what the devs actually said about the game being an Action RPG than whatever it is 1/4rd of the community want this game to be.
99% of that list are the core features of native Mount & Blade and Warband.

Last edited:
99% of that list are the core features of Mount & Blade and Warband.
This.
Too many of those are missing from Bannerlord, and if at the beginning I thought they were because of WIP, now I am starting to feel like what we are seeing right now it's really what the game is going to be like, bugfixes and polish like a couple more vote for something in diplomacy or UI improvements, and that's it.
The game is a massive upgrade engine/graphics wise, but gameplay wise, it doesn't hold a candle to Warband at the moment, which EA or not, is disappointing since we are comparing it to a about a game made in 2006.

99% of that list are the core features of native Mount & Blade and Warband.

I have to agree here. And let’s not even begin talking about content that was added to Viking Conquest.
In fairness, all three of the above where WAY worse at release than they are in current state. TW has always slowly, but surely, improved the titles.

This.
Too many of those are missing from Bannerlord, and if at the beginning I thought they were because of WIP, now I am starting to feel like what we are seeing right now it's really what the game is going to be like, bugfixes and polish like a couple more vote for something in diplomacy or UI improvements, and that's it.
The game is a massive upgrade engine/graphics wise, but gameplay wise, it doesn't hold a candle to Warband at the moment, which EA or not, is disappointing since we are comparing it to a about a game made in 2006.

Exactly. Hardly anyone has expected MnB 2 to have less features than MnB 1.. It would be natural to start with adding everything that has proved itself over the years and made the game a hit, and then add to it. The new game looks mind-blowing and the potential is literally infinite, new features are very promising.. but all we have is like half the old game, with many things broken, and with several unfinished new features. And not enough information about what to expect. No wonder people get worried or disappointed.
Personally I am worried. I had given MnB probably a solid couple of years of game-time even before Warband was released. And then quite some after that. This is times more than any other game in my life. In 2018 after a 3-4 year hiatus I started a new campaign in Warband and I got so hooked, that I had to stop myself after two months, it was taking so much of my time, and I was still far from achieving anything hugely significant on the world map. I really enjoyed it and had massive plans, but the game was threatening my work.
In Bannerlord I conquered the map twice (!) in less then a month of very relaxed playing, unable to find anything interesting to do except for a family, clan and kingdom diplomacy. But those were so basic and unfinished, that I couldn't really play with them and achieve the goals I wanted. My first child was 12 when the map was dominated. And I had to wait SIX more years until I could even see this child. Only to find out that kids have huge levels and zero stats, and I cannot even marry my kids properly.
I wait for new features to be implemented properly, but first of all I wait for the core MnB experience to be back.

I have to agree here. And let’s not even begin talking about content that was added to Viking Conquest.
In fairness, all three of the above where WAY worse at release than they are in current state. TW has always slowly, but surely, improved the titles.

At release Warband did include ALL the features of M&B with some new added. Yes, they added some more later, but it's natural. Not having the base features in second installment is not natural =D

Last edited:
At release Warband did include ALL the features of M&B with some new added. Yes, they added some more later, but it's natural. Not having the base features in second installment is not natural =D
And it can hardly be justified simply with "EA" after 6 or 8 years in development. Doesn't matter to me how many times they had to restart, if they had to, it means that what they had in their hands did not work properly or they thought it wasn't good enough, which is concerning to say the least given what we've got on our hands right now.
It's not like I don't trust them to finish what we have to a playable state or that it wouldn't be a good game. The problem is that it doesn't improve on almost anything from the original or the DLCs aside from the graphics and the clan feature that at the minute is meaningless given how long it takes before it even start to matter, and that's only if you haven't gotten bored of that playthrough at that point.

You definitely have NOT played Mount & Blade Warband.

And it can hardly be justified simply with "EA" after 6 or 8 years in development. Doesn't matter to me how many times they had to restart, if they had to, it means that what they had in their hands did not work properly or they thought it wasn't good enough, which is concerning to say the least given what we've got on our hands right now.
It's not like I don't trust them to finish what we have to a playable state or that it wouldn't be a good game. The problem is that it doesn't improve on almost anything from the original or the DLCs aside from the graphics and the clan feature that at the minute is meaningless given how long it takes before it even start to matter, and that's only if you haven't gotten bored of that playthrough at that point.

Oh, I find the current state quite playable. But not very re-playable, as a sandbox. There aren't much options what to do and how.. I just wish they focused on bringing in the core functionality of Warband listed above and then made new features work. No need to think much, just copy and paste most of the features, making them better if possible.
I still have hopes, as I don't want Bannerlord to be less than Warband. And personally I can wait. But TW lose (or have lost) the momentum with their newer audience, and it's sad. They need at least communicate their intentions..

Anyway, when the modding tools are released, we'll definitely see mods that will try to add all the Warband features and more.. But mods are mods, and they are not known for their reliable balance or quality.

Back
Top Bottom