Duel Server Information

Users who are viewing this thread

Quick player report: Argentum.RS

He attacks people immediately after they accept a duel without using distance of any kind and when confronted with that he simply said the following:
XM2lx1H.png

Get this player out thank you.

Great. TW has now satisfied loners and small 6-player teams. So, can we get something for all the thirty-something-sized clans and regiments out there who're still waiting for a chance to play organized battles together and against one another?

Great. TW has now satisfied loners and small 6-player teams. So, can we get something for all the thirty-something-sized clans and regiments out there who're still waiting for a chance to play organized battles together and against one another?

Give it time. Their priority is going to be balance, bug fixes and getting the game working as intended before catering to clans and competitive play.

Give it time. Their priority is going to be balance, bug fixes and getting the game working as intended before catering to clans and competitive play.
It wouldnt be that hard to put up a server, depends of course aswell how far admin tools are realised (or a good documentation of commands). Clans/Event hosters could rent the server for a certain time.

Would rather have a basic elo system for skirmish first though, or at least realised at the same time.

We need basic balance between classes and specially on their core mechanics before all of that. Not the place to discuss sadly, we can only wait.

It wouldnt be that hard to put up a server, depends of course aswell how far admin tools are realised (or a good documentation of commands). Clans/Event hosters could rent the server for a certain time.

Would rather have a basic elo system for skirmish first though, or at least realised at the same time.

Callum has already said theyre working on servers, especially the idea of dedicated servers with customization for rule sets and the like. Those are coming, but I would encourage the competitive scene to be patient. Especially since a stronger focus should be put on combat mechanics/balance first, so the game is in a state where it can even be competitive/enjoyable for most. I know the dev team is split into sections but I have a feeling theres only so much the multiplayer side of it can do. I think its a bit much for us to hazard what is easy to do.

Callum has already said theyre working on servers, especially the idea of dedicated servers with customization for rule sets and the like. Those are coming, but I would encourage the competitive scene to be patient. Especially since a stronger focus should be put on combat mechanics/balance first, so the game is in a state where it can even be competitive/enjoyable for most. I know the dev team is split into sections but I have a feeling theres only so much the multiplayer side of it can do. I think its a bit much for us to hazard what is easy to do.
idk what you got about the competitive scene, its common sense to make skill based matchmaking, theres no way it can work otherwise.

I developed my own small games as hobby i think a have a fair grasp on whats easy to do and what not. A matchmaking elo algo isnt that hard, theres lots of documentation online especially if you keep it very basic (guess how they added the hotfix that fast) Obv you can go into depth there if you want to balance it out perfectly and the networking guys are probably pretty busy fixing crashes on siege. Nailing the perfect combat is hard to do especially when it comes to animations and movement.

We Need server moderators because of the rampant rdming. Dudes are riding around on horses and couching people mid duel. It isn’t fair or fun. Thanks in advance

Quite the contrary- the changes made have affected the MP community across the board. I understand it's very easy to pigeon-hole into one perspective but you need to be able to see things with a more open mind:

• The dueling servers provide a service to all players alike to get used to MP timings and hone their fighting skills while being in a semi-controlled environment having the same environmental conditions as organized play (Skirmish, Captain, Siege).
  • The 6-Man queue promotes better pooling for smaller or totally random PUGs (Pick up Groups) to have a much better chance at facing opposition that is better suited for solo/small group queues. While there is still a chance 6 stacks can influence and enter the global pool, their reduction of entry is significant. This benefits both sides of the competitive/casual coin.
There are quite a few clans that have 20+ players and are all in the same boat. VK for example was nearly 100 deep not too long ago. There are clans preparing for large/line battles, but in the meanwhile we've broken down into companies of 6 and are compartmentalizing. This enables us to be competitive in the current format while also honing on team group fighting and command delegation. In a 30v30 battle, having 5 companies of 6 at your disposal that are already prepared to fight together can be seriously advantageous when it comes to positioning and team chemistry.

They've said the other gametypes are not ready- which is why duel is held on TDM and left mainly up to the community to police. The server files are not ready either. When they get there, we'll get there.

The changes they made recently have made things a lot better than they would have been, for everyone. Let's try to show some patience over entitlement. They're meeting us halfway, and that's more than they have to tbh.

I understand it's very easy to pigeon-hole into one perspective but you need to be able to see things with a more open mind:

They're meeting us halfway, and that's more than they have to tbh.
The annoyance in my post come from TW having zero insight (or care?) of what makes Warband MP tick even today, which might be something to aim to improve or highlight in their new installation, rather than nitpicking ideas from someone whose ideas come straight from games such as CS:GO. Yet, we're the ones told by white knights to fall in line and blindly appreciate anything thrown at us. Larger groups can attempt to bypass the restrictions, but it doesn't rid the fact that it feels like a punishment when the organized 6-man groups tend to end up in different servers. Not to mention how small maps make for chaotic (''T'')DM servers which auto-balance any groups into oblivion.

Let's ignore the clunky or unbalanced minor issues for a moment and realize just how repetitive the MP gameplay is with a total of ~10 different maps, not the same free player customization existing in the previous games, nor any option to host private servers. All of which work against the ability for uniqueness, organized battles/sieges, further player-interactions by becoming regulars or even what TW supposedly aims to become with the competitive game-modes due to no in-game VOIP.

To be honest with you, I believe the game might've been released too early. Is it worth sacrificing two thirds of the player count in the first month just because you might miss some hype? The previous games have been built upon player-made modifications and a strong multi-player community. Currently, the game promotes neither. And don't pull the update-excuse because it's obvious, and doesn't get rid of the previously stated facts.

Last edited:
Ah, yes. The white knight mind. The annoyance in my post come from TW having zero insight (or care?) of what makes Warband MP tick even today, which might be something to aim to improve or highlight in their new installation, rather than nitpicking ideas from a closet group of Turkish-speaking sweaty competitive players whose ideas come straight from games such as CS:GO, which I doubt a lot of players actually want. Yet, we're the ones who're told by white knights to fall in line and just blindly appreciate anything thrown at us.

Let's ignore the clunky or unbalanced minor issues for a moment and realize just how repetitive the MP gameplay is with a total of ~10 different maps, not the same free player customization existing in the previous games, nor any option to host private servers. All of which work against the ability for uniqueness, organized battles/sieges, further player-interactions by becoming regulars or even what TW supposedly aims to become with the competitive game-modes due to no in-game VOIP.

To be honest with you, I believe the game might've been released too early. Is it worth sacrificing two thirds of the player count in the first month just because you might miss some hype? The previous games have been built upon player-made modifications and a strong multi-player community.

Firstly the person you were replying too wasn't "white knighting", but clearly stating for people to manage their expectations. As much as people may not like it, Multiplayer is a secondary aspect to the game and has much less of a priority and while they have been making changes, people are clearly not getting that having aspects that encourage competitive/organized play are not going to be a priority. Were are not saying to "blindly appreciate", providing feedback is essential but people to manage their expectations and understand what the state of the game is in Early access and especially realize that catering to competitive/organized play is not going to be a focus at this stage. They have already been clear that more game modes, maps, private servers and a matchmaking system are on the way, even the idea of VOIP, but people are still acting entitled to these features immediately. Its good they are at least making temporary options for these players

The game is of course missing content because its not released, its not even finished in terms of single player which is by far their primary concern and what drives the majority of sales. Citing the player count has no bearing, games will always drop off from initial numbers and 70k active players a day puts it in the top played of Steam. You know that twice the amount Warband has had at its very peak right? The playerbase was not "Sacrificed", though it is obvious that there are many who are choosing to wait until full release which I encourage anyone to do if they want a finished experience. Once you buy into Early Access, you have to accept that the game is still a work in process. This is doubly true for Multiplayer which is the secondary aspect of the game.

Providing feedback is great, making your voice heard is essential. But sometimes you have to look at what you're asking for and think "Is this really going to be put at a higher priority than other aspects?" It doesn't mean the game won't eventually get them, but it may not be as fast as you would like. Take solace in the fact that most of your complaints have been noted by the devs and they have said changes will be coming

Last edited:
Providing feedback is great, making your voice heard is essential. But sometimes you have to look at what you're asking for and think "Is this really going to be put at a higher priority than other aspects?"
The person I responded to didn't really reply to my original post with his two dots. They rather explained something I had no interest in, which was to further advocate for the duel servers, which I again has no issue with, and his last part explained how his clan/regiment handled not being able to play with 6+ members, which I also clearly replied to as it being annoying, borderline punishment and ridiculous since the previous installations champion player-made modifications and communities. My original statement and focus of interest was made clear in my first post.
So, can we get something for all the thirty-something-sized clans and regiments out there who're still waiting for a chance to play organized battles together and against one another?
You're of course also welcome to support it or ramble incomprehensibly about something irrelevant. It's not a big advocating post, but look at it as a reminder that we exist, we're here, we won't be silenced, no matter how much further micro-transactions or skill groups are in the list of priorities.

The person I responded to didn't really reply to my original post with his two dots. They rather explained something I had no interest in, which was to further advocate for the duel servers, which I again has no issue with, and his last part explained how his clan/regiment handled not being able to play with 6+ members, which I also clearly replied to as it being annoying, borderline punishment and ridiculous since the previous installations champion player-made modifications and community servers. My original statement and focus of interest was made clear in my first post.

You're of course also welcome to support it or ramble incomprehensibly about something irrelevant. It's not a big advocating post, but look at it as a reminder that we exist, we're here, we won't be silenced, no matter how much further micro-transactions or skill groups are in the list of priorities.

Your original comment was pretty pointless to begin with. The devs have always been clear that options for clans, organized battles and private servers are indeed an upcoming features. Asking again only comes across as "I know these are coming, but I want them now"

Im positive Taleworlds doesn't need more people nagging about it, they are fully aware that these features are wanted. Proof being that they've stated its in the works.

Your original comment was pretty pointless to begin with. The devs have always been clear that options for clans, organized battles and private servers are indeed an upcoming features. Asking again only comes across as "I know these are coming, but I want them now"

Im positive Taleworlds doesn't need more people nagging about it, they are fully aware that these features are wanted.
Your post is pretty pointless too. No need to tell others to shut up just because you appear to be satisfied with the game.
I don't suggest or ask for stuff (aside from my original post); I find it ridiculous stuff is missing in the first place.
It's Early Access, so that justifies everything, right? Even after eight or so years.
What happened to: ''We don’t believe in releasing a game before it is ready just because we might miss the hype.''

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom