Black African Faction

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhm. African factions are already in the game, desert raiders are Bedouins.

Not that I wouldn't welcome more factions being added to the game, but I don't see that happening until after EA (and it's probably going to be a mod).
he was referring specifically to black tribes and civilizations, even a part of africa is in the game, hell, the nile is in there

Uhm. African factions are already in the game, desert raiders are Bedouins.

Not that I wouldn't welcome more factions being added to the game, but I don't see that happening until after EA (and it's probably going to be a mod).
Bedouins are Arabians that migrated to Africa, I might african. No harm no foul but i wanted to clarify

Look, let's face it. Most people who buy this game just aren't that interested in an African themed faction and I am not trying to be racist here. People make games that appeal to their customers and not that many would find African themed factions to be that interesting. In all honesty, how much do you even know about an actual African faction that could fit in the theme of this world? Because any time period that is relevant to something similar to this world of Calradia would have an African faction which is dominated by Muslim/Arabic/Islam influences. This includes style of clothing, culture, etc. We already have one faction like that.

he was referring specifically to black tribes and civilizations, even a part of africa is in the game, hell, the nile is in there
You know what? At this point just add a black merchant. Just one. Just for this guy to deal with historical accuracy.

Look, let's face it. Most people who buy this game just aren't that interested in an African themed faction and I am not trying to be racist here. People make games that appeal to their customers and not that many would find African themed factions to be that interesting. In all honesty, how much do you even know about an actual African faction that could fit in the theme of this world? Because any time period that is relevant to something similar to this world of Calradia would have an African faction which is dominated by Muslim/Arabic/Islam influences. This includes style of clothing, culture, etc. We already have one faction like that.
The culture of the Mali and the Aksum is rich and vibrant. I realize you are not racist as well. Most people are not they just have old ideas. This games fanbase is primarily european so i understand that but i do not understand why someone would be so offended by adding more races to the game.

I'm thinking in terms of years. It's certainly not going to be in EA! The map the way it is at the moment just looks like large areas are empty so they can be filled in by DLC a few years down the line. Either that or they are just there for modders to play with.

I would love to see the map expanded upon, and more unique factions added, but I just can't see TaleWorlds having the drive to make it happen. They have never struck me as a particularly motivated studio when it comes to pumping out content.

Also the weapons, shields, and clothing is AMAZING

I look at it all from this perspective. Different cultures have different military traditions. Especially from the ancient times all the way through WWI. There are still military traditions in modern societies. Historically this includes Natives of the Americas and Oceania, Asians and Africans as well as from the Middle East and Europe. Often times those traditions and techniques were shaped and molded by their geography. To that end I would be more than happy to see mods, troop trees and equipment based on Southern and Central African societies. When I do research for troop trees it never ceases to amaze me how many clever leaders have adapted to circumstances that those with no resolve would have immediately ran away from. This includes African, Muslim and Asian leaders. I know it's easy to believe misconceptions about a type of people. I'm a white American male and if you didn't know we still have a problem with that line of thinking in the States but, I will be damned if I underestimate any ally or foe on a battlefield black, white, male or female based on rumors and stereotypes. Reasoning and logic does work on a basic sense of preconception and classification BUT, it should be as accurate as possible. Anything less is a death sentence for a commander and a lack of respect for those serving under you. In addition if your foe conqouers and wins because of your misconception then you deserve no quarter from them in my oppinion.

Last edited:
I would love to see the map expanded upon, and more unique factions added, but I just can't see TaleWorlds having the drive to make it happen. They have never struck me as a particularly motivated studio when it comes to pumping out content.
This, it would be great to have more content and diverse factions to choose from. It's not about being PC or SJW or whatever, but really who the **** doesn't like more content? I mean come on.

But yeah, knowing TW it won't happen unless it's a DLC at some point years later or a modder gets to it.

Really? But you said war between factions is the focus here, mostly or not, and that's just false. So what if 4 of those activities are about fighting? It doesn't mean it's about strictly just war between factions then, does it?

Hmm, there's a few holes in your claim there.
The core mechanic of the game is fighting in battles and waring with other factions the Main mechanic and was in warband as well which is why its the more polished mechanic in the game(not to say there isn't issues with that but its the most polished feature) everything else is unbalanced or doesn't work at all

mmmm.... in my first post i even said i have no problem with a black faction being added...make them all black for all i care lmao yet that wouldnt change history.
Then why are you arguing im talking abt the game not history? I was just trying to tell you they had the same level of power at the time, but most of africa was held back due to isolation

Last edited by a moderator:
The culture of the Mali and the Aksum is rich and vibrant. I realize you are not racist as well. Most people are not they just have old ideas. This games fanbase is primarily european so i understand that but i do not understand why someone would be so offended by adding more races to the game.

But you are kind of making my point here. Mali was an african nation, but it was Islamic influenced. Mansa Musa was a follower of Islam. Is it really much different from Aserai as it is now? Other than the racial features I mean. I actually studied Mali extensively in college because I took courses in African civilizations so I am not lacking knowledge here, but while i found it to be interesting, I didn't especially find it that interesting. I find Asian cultures to be far more interesting, like China or Japan.

Then why tf are you arguing im talking abt the game not history?!? I was just trying to tell you they had the same level of power at the time, but most of africa was held back due to isolation
isolation, repeat it slowly, isolation, they didn't heavily influence europe's medieval history if they were isolated, did they?

The core mechanic of the game is fighting in battles and waring with other factions the Main mechanic and was in warband as well which is why its the more polished mechanic in the game(not to say there isn't issues with that but its the most polished feature) everything else is unbalanced or doesn't work at all
That's not necessarily true though, those were Warbands core mechanics... there are alot of them that have been retained in Bannerlord but we don't exactly know what Bannerlord is trying to be, now do we? Especially with Generational Gameplay and Kingdom Management, etc etc. I could list more features but that's a whole other topic.

I thought we already established that Bannerlord's setting is in Europe from 600 to 1100 A.D?

Now we just have to see which MAJOR faction exist in Europe during that specific period. Arguing about whether black people exist during that period is pointless. Of course they do, but where?

With all the people in here, surely someone can give some clear info and source on that?

Now, whether they exist in Europe, I'm all for adding African factions to the game, but as a DLC, like Viking's Conquest in Warband.
Currently, there're no place on the map where you could add an African faction in logically. The desert to the east of the map looks like it's leading to Asia, which will probably be used for Mongol Invasion, which is around 1200 A.D

But you are kind of making my point here. Mali was an african nation, but it was Islamic influenced. Mansa Musa was a follower of Islam. Is it really much different from Aserai as it is now? Other than the racial features I mean. I actually studied Mali extensively in college because I took courses in African civilizations so I am not lacking knowledge here, but while i found it to be interesting, I didn't especially find it that interesting. I find Asian cultures to be far more interesting, like China or Japan.
No but they had cultural elements that were completely seperate from Islamic influence. Also every european nation is derivative of another, save for the vikings nords normans and such. its not like your next door neighbor moves in and all of a sudden you turn into the same person as them.

That's not necessarily true though, those were Warbands core mechanics... there are alot of them that have been retained in Bannerlord but we don't exactly know what Bannerlord is trying to be, now do we? Especially with Generational Gameplay and Kingdom Management, etc etc. I could list more features but that's a whole other topic.
remove fighting and wars from the game and tell me whats left...take all the armor and weapons out, take soldiers out, no more need to earn money to pay wages, tournaments are gone, gangs are gone, bandit raids are gone, you are left with trading to accumulate pointless wealth

Now, whether they exist in Europe, I'm all for adding African factions to the game, but as a DLC, like Viking's Conquest in Warband.
Currently, there're no place on the map where you could add an African faction in logically. The desert to the east of the map looks like it's leading to Asia, which will probably be used for Mongol Invasion, which is around 1200 A.D
I don't know man, that desert-oasis to the South-East looks awfully empty to me... hmm, gee-wiz, looks like you could even fit a faction there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom