SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Change Battania’s infantry focused troop tree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Neofd10

Recruit
When waiting for Bannerlord I was very excited to play as the Battanians. But after seeing the current Battanian main troop tree I was disappointed. There was far too much infantry and no where near as much skirmishing troops, in particular archers. Battania is meant to be a skirmishing faction based off the early medieval Celts, but the current tree is equally as infantry focused as Sturgia- the infantry centred faction! Personally these are the changes that I would make: *Combine the skirmishing and spear lines together- this would give these spearmen the much needed skirmishing capabilities. *Give the cavalry line a couple of javelins an perhaps give the horsemen (battanias best cavalry troop) a lance. The mounted skirmisher could also be moved over here next to the horseman. *The space now left by the skirmisher line being removed can now be replaced by an Archer line. This is the most important addition for me as there should be a peasant archer line for a faction based of medieval celts. As the archers in Battania use two handed weapons, the falxmen can stay where they are. *Finally I would give the low tear troops (such as the Volunteer) slings- or a chance of having them- which would place further emphasis on Battania being a skirmishing focused faction. Even in early access Bannerlord is an awesome game and the developers have done very well, but this is one aspect that I would really like to see changed. Thanks for reading and please consider. :smile:

Battania does have archers (some of the best in fact), they're just on the "noble" troop tree and are a lot harder to attain.

The two ways are currently to "reliably" recruit them is to find them in prosperous Battanian settlements or capture, recruit and upgrade forest bandits (with disciplinarian perk at Leadership 125).

That said, having them a bit more commonplace or a weaker version in the basic tree would be awesome.

Battania does have archers (some of the best in fact), they're just on the "noble" troop tree and are a lot harder to attain.

The two ways are currently to "reliably" recruit them is to find them in prosperous Battanian settlements or capture, recruit and upgrade forest bandits (with disciplinarian perk at Leadership 125).

That said, having them a bit more commonplace or a weaker version in the basic tree would be awesome.
Yeah, I do love the noble troop tree, but my issue is that there are no normal archers in the main troop tree. Those archers are the best though

Battania's army composition just seems weird to me. What do they specialize in? Well, their best units are archers but their armies have very few archers in total. So they end up entering the battlefield with a huge infantry blob and a very small ranged formation that lacks the numbers to deliver an impressive volley (no matter how impressive the individual archers may be).

I say TaleWorlds should add a Welsh-inspired longbowman upgrade path to Battania's main troop tree.

Last edited:
Battania's army composition just seems weird to me. What do they specialize in? Well, their best units are archers but their armies have very few archers in total. So they end up taking to the field with a huge infantry blob and a very small ranged formation that lacks the numbers to deliver an impressive volley (no matter how impressive the individual archers may be).

I say TaleWorlds should add a Welsh-inspired longbowman upgrade path to Battania's main troop tree.
Awesome idea!

Back
Top Bottom