Beta Branch e1.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

For me the introduction of beta branches broke alot of things.
When playing on latest beta 1.10. i can load even old saves and play on campaign map, but whenever i start a battle the game stalls at loading screen. When opting out of beta i cannot even load or start a game, it just crashes whenever clicking on "Resume game" or "Campaign". Checking game files and reinstalling had no effect at all...
I don´t use mods for Bannerlord and never did before.
Generally i can live with that, it´s Early Access and actually the whole game is in beta stage. Thus i cannot really understand the purpose of introducing several branches. What´s the point of a beta branch in a game that IS actually at beta stage?! Right! There is none

When playing on latest beta 1.10. i can load even old saves and play on campaign map, but whenever i start a battle the game stalls at loading screen. When opting out of beta i cannot even load or start a game, it just crashes whenever clicking on "Resume game" or "Campaign". Checking game files and reinstalling had no effect at all...
Generally i can live with that, it´s Early Access and actually the whole game is in beta stage. Thus i cannot really understand the purpose of introducing several branches. What´s the point of a beta branch in a game that IS actually at beta stage?! Right! There is none
Yes I and many others have this same issue.

Its 'going crazy' because the XP requirement for levels changed. So the player still has XP from prior they just have more levels because of it.

It is ok for the player who had to train skills by getting xp in them, but still quite strange with companions who start with "generated" skill levels, for example level 100 in some skill, but then suddenly they jump to 130+ level after update.

And while I know that this is bug is happening only when using old saves, we must understand that this Beta will become official latest version in several days, and then everyone will upgrade to it automatically, and many people will be having saved games they want to keep. So unless devs say they break save compatibility with some version, we should help them to ensure that this new version works well enough for all saves, old and new, so in my opinion testing it with old saves is not only legitimate, but necessary.

Its there exactly for this reason, they need to see if people have issues with that so they can improve it THEN release it as a complete patch. Imagine them releasing this patch as a normal patch everybody would experience gamebreaking issues. They test it then release it.
Besides there will be patches which you wont be able to continue your old save anymore. They've stated it several times.

Is this happening on new savegames as well?

Patch notes do not seem to address the issue of attribute points not being granted on every 3rd level-up in SP as claimed by the in-game tooltip. I've re-started the game several times now to test out whether it's been fixed or not. Right now, on my side at least, I have only ever received ONE attribute point, upon leveling up to level 4. Over each playtest. Subesequent level (7,11,14,etc) have not granted attribute points.

Why is this issue not getting talked about more/have a date for being resolved?

It is ok for the player who had to train skills by getting xp in them, but still quite strange with companions who start with "generated" skill levels, for example level 100 in some skill, but then suddenly they jump to 130+ level after update.

And while I know that this is bug is happening only when using old saves, we must understand that this Beta will become official latest version in several days, and then everyone will upgrade to it automatically, and many people will be having saved games they want to keep. So unless devs say they break save compatibility with some version, we should help them to ensure that this new version works well enough for all saves, old and new, so in my opinion testing it with old saves is not only legitimate, but necessary.
you don't understand, it isn't a bug.
1. the player doesn't gain additional xp. The amount needed to improve skills has been lowered so you get more skills for the xp you've already gained.
2. The companion thing is also not a bug. They've been reworked to start with 120 in a certain skill which is why they also are boosting considerably.

This is all by design and obviously not really an issue at all (even welcomed for us using old saves)

Patch notes do not seem to address the issue of attribute points not being granted on every 3rd level-up in SP as claimed by the in-game tooltip. I've re-started the game several times now to test out whether it's been fixed or not. Right now, on my side at least, I have only ever received ONE attribute point, upon leveling up to level 4. Over each playtest. Subesequent level (7,11,14,etc) have not granted attribute points.

I got to level 16 and I got the attribute point and I am still using an old save.

I got to level 16 and I got the attribute point and I am still using an old save.

Well, that's a positive in the right direction at least. But my main hang-up is that the tool-tip has stated that an attribute point should be awarded for every 3 levels you gain. I'm still in the prcoess of downloading the beta, so I have yet to see what the new tooltip update states and whether or not that has changed.

Well, that's a positive in the right direction at least. But my main hang-up is that the tool-tip has stated that an attribute point should be awarded for every 3 levels you gain. I'm still in the prcoess of downloading the beta, so I have yet to see what the new tooltip update states and whether or not that has changed.

This one is specific bug. I played 5 campaign up to now and 3 times it worked as in description, one time I was getting 1 point every 5 lvls and one time I got only one point up to lvl 17.

Because it was the tooltip that was wrong. If you look at the tooltip in the new patch it will say increase every 4th level.

Back
Top Bottom