The Sturgians look ridiculous

Users who are viewing this thread

WUT U DON LIKE THE big PANTS!?

(I like the fur mostly though)

001E1E095CABB1C5F0A97D59A278DE13582473B5

I was so excited to play as a Nord or a Viking in this game, until I saw how ridiculous they look. In particular the pointy helmet with the ridiculous little red doilie on top is so absurd I just can't handle it. Their appearance is so silly, I actually switched factions over it. Someone please mod these terrible looking Vikings!

Yes, the game has a kinda cartoonish silly style. The troops look a little bit funny and stupid.

I feel like some of these bare-chested warriors need to eat more protein and put some muscle on lol
53zjEsF.png

That does not look like the body of a battle-hardened man in his prime, accustomed to cleaving through the skulls of his enemies... or frankly cleaving through anything at all.
Im not asking for 300-levels of sprayed-on-abs, but a bit of bulk would help.
They're also northerners... give em some more chest hair for the cold lol.
I saw on the nexus that the game even tracks muscle mass and fat already, so this would probably just involve editing a single "muscle" value for that unit.

Last edited:
A bare chested warrior from Scandinavia?
it’s based off of Kievan Rus not Scandinavia. Nords are Scandinavia we’ll probably see them in later updates. I personally like how unique the Sturgians look but I can understand why you might not like it, I’m just not sure how it’s immersion breaking to the point where you have to make a thread about it. Like that’s pretty damn low on a list of things I consider immersion breaking in this video game.

I was so excited to play as a Nord or a Viking in this game, until I saw how ridiculous they look. In particular the pointy helmet with the ridiculous little red doilie on top is so absurd I just can't handle it. Their appearance is so silly, I actually switched factions over it. Someone please mod these terrible looking Vikings!

They look exactly like the Vikings did. stop watching so much TV.

it’s based off of Kievan Rus not Scandinavia. Nords are Scandinavia we’ll probably see them in later updates. I personally like how unique the Sturgians look but I can understand why you might not like it, I’m just not sure how it’s immersion breaking to the point where you have to make a thread about it. Like that’s pretty damn low on a list of things I consider immersion breaking in this video game.

Point being that is not climate suitable clothing.

Then let's hurry up with Mount & Blade 3. Cause God this gear/timeperiod is lame.

Strongly disagree. I don't really care much for the Late Middle Ages/Early Renaissance aesthetic of full plate. I much prefer the Early/High Middle Ages where chain armor ruled. Feels more rugged and personal when the warriors don't have suits of pure steel separating themselves from one another.

Thank you. I love the game, but I do get the feeling that very little thought was put into this faction. I switched to Battania and I love the way they look and the feeling of lore that they have. Someone put some love into designing the Battanians, but whoever did the Sturgians really dropped the ball IMO.

Pretty sure the same people worked on both. I disagree with your take on the Sturgians, they look fine to me. I think what the team did do, though, is underestimate how many people are crazy for a certain liberally unhistorical series centered around a certain classification of sea raider. They knew the Nords were popular, sure, but this was before that series. Some people are wilder than ever for the whole Viking Media Myth, and in that regard, it might have served them to make the Nords a separate faction and just... include a portion of their home continent on the map.

(Of course then they'd have to implement sailing and naval battles, which would further delay development...)

Then let's hurry up with Mount & Blade 3. Cause God this gear/timeperiod is lame.

It's really not. Not sure where this is coming from but I guess we all have our tastes.

Strongly disagree. I don't really care much for the Late Middle Ages/Early Renaissance aesthetic of full plate. I much prefer the Early/High Middle Ages where chain armor ruled. Feels more rugged and personal when the warriors don't have suits of pure steel separating themselves from one another.

Yeah I'm with you on that

I feel like some of these bare-chested warriors need to eat more protein and put some muscle on lol
53zjEsF.png

That does not look like the body of a battle-hardened man in his prime, accustomed to cleaving through the skulls of his enemies... or frankly cleaving through anything at all.
Im not asking for 300-levels of sprayed-on-abs, but a bit of bulk would help.
They're also northerners... give em some more chest hair for the cold lol.
I saw on the nexus that the game even tracks muscle mass and fat already, so this would probably just involve editing a single "muscle" value for that unit.

If it were me, I'd go a little more for fat than muscle. They have a meat-heavy diet and during peace, they do a lot of heavy lifting work. I'd build the more like a Polish strongman than a TV barbarian. But that's just me.

Yes, the game has a kinda cartoonish silly style. The troops look a little bit funny and stupid.

Cartoonish, eh?
UfSAw36.jpg

Silly, eh?
0DPbSlX.jpg

Stupid, eh?!
boAfbee.jpg

How dare you. How dare you!

Last edited:

Here is the thing. Not everyone is European. Most of the world has no ****ing idea who half of these factions are supposed to be. This game just feels.... well... super Eastern European in a way the previous titles did not. If I had to guess I'm going to assume it's from the people they hired for this project. I find it pretty damn hard to relate. Also the amount of fur and leather used seems to rather outside anything I've ever seen evidence of.

Here is the thing. Not everyone is European. Most of the world has no ****ing idea who half of these factions are supposed to be. This game just feels.... well... super Eastern European in a way the previous titles did not. If I had to guess I'm going to assume it's from the people they hired for this project. I find it pretty damn hard to relate. Also the amount of fur and leather used seems to rather outside anything I've ever seen evidence of.

How so? Sturgia. Big deal. Battania is Celtic, the Empire is Mediterranean (who doesn't know Rome?), Khuzait is Turkic (see: Mongol-adjacent), Vlandia is Western European, and Aserai is Arab. Literally one faction is Eastern European in inspiration.

I disagree entirely with the OP and others.

Every single Bannerlord faction looks better than the Warband factions IMO, Sturgia included. The art direction was spot on for bannerlord and all factions look more unique from each other, but they also all feel believable an as part of one single world.

Battania is, specially, freaking awesome, mixture of rohirrim (anglo-saxons) celts and dacians. Unlike Warband where i always went Nords, in Bannerlord i feel every faction is great and i'll want to play with them.

Taleworlds, dont move a muscle on this!

I disagree entirely with the OP and others.

Every single Bannerlord faction looks better than the Warband factions IMO, Sturgia included. The art direction was spot on for bannerlord and all factions look more unique from each other, but they also all feel believable an as part of one single world.

Battania is, specially, freaking awesome, mixture of rohirrim (anglo-saxons) and celts. Unlike Warband where i always went Nords, in Bannerlord i feel every faction is great and i'll want to play with them.

Taleworlds, dont move a muscle on this!

+100. I always went Rhodoks in Warband. Here, I'm having equal fun with every faction. In this most recent run, I've literally contracted out to every kingdom at some point or another and am simply living the mercenary life so I don't have to commit to one for the rest of the playthrough.

They knew the Nords were popular, sure, but this was before that series. Some people are wilder than ever for the whole Viking Media Myth, and in that regard, it might have served them to make the Nords a separate faction and just... include a portion of their home continent on the map.

While that might be quite the task to implement in the distant future, I could see them having some sort of nord invasion mechanic.

Have the Nords land and invade the sturgians or whoever is controlling the land they start on. You could have it happen quite late in the game like say at the 100 year mark, that way the player could have a chance to make sturgia strong enough to beat the Nords back.

Back
Top Bottom