Ehh refunded it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As typical of complaints, OP is simply a clueless traveller in the realm of early access.

You signed up to play an incomplete, unfinished game. If you can't understand that, you have bigger problems than bannerlord performance.

Every game that comes out on steam is "early access" now. It's a marketing strat.
The original M&B and Warband were both EA before EA even was a thing. Regarding the hiccups, did you try changing the graphics adapter setting to your NVIDIA card? That solved it for me.

As for the lack of inverse mouse movement blocking, that has to be one of the easiest things to implement in game development. Get your emotions in check and post a feature request.

As typical of complaints, OP is simply a clueless traveller in the realm of early access.

You signed up to play an incomplete, unfinished game. If you can't understand that, you have bigger problems than bannerlord performance.
You act like EA games actually leave EA these days. The only way to not play an EA game is to wither stop gaming, or play stuff from a decade ago. lol

Guys, let's chill. People have a right to opt out and refund, in fact they should instead of blindly raging about things they don't like and ruining the game for others. Give people room to do so, so long as they are civil and are only clearly explaining why they refunded.

If they are just being unreasonable...well then ignoring them is the more logical course.

Feel the need to point out that Taleworlds are charging £40 for the early access license. EA rules & regs clearly state that although you are not buying a complete game, the price tag should be commensurate with the game in its current state.

I gladly paid because I got a 20% discount, but I think it'd be tough to argue that this is a quality product worth $50.

People should understand that no one would have any problem if it was priced appropriately, as an EA game is typically about half the price of the finished product. What are the developers telling us exactly? That the final game costs 100 euros? That we should pay AAA prices for an unfinished EA game? If the price as 20-30 euros AT MOST, as it should have been, people would be way way less harsh with it.

To be fair, even if it is EARLY ACCESS, using players as unpaid testers (actually paying FULL PRICE to test this buggy and incomplete mess) is at best, dubious.
They either should have slashed the price down for this CONSIDERABLY, or had a proper closed testing. Or waited more until release.

Either way, I find this reprehensible.
I regret giving them my money now, and if Taleworlds doesn't fix their BS, they can kiss my future support goodbye.

Feel the need to point out that Taleworlds are charging £40 for the early access license. EA rules & regs clearly state that although you are not buying a complete game, the price tag should be commensurate with the game in its current state.

I gladly paid because I got a 20% discount, but I think it'd be tough to argue that this is a quality product worth $50.
Ur not paying only for the alpha but also for the full and finished game in the future. So whats the big *****ing about? Its not that you only get the game in the current state, but you get the full developed future bannerlord as well.
If you expect a fully polished game, than goddamnit just wait till its done. But stop *****ing about the fact that the game is not yet finished. Taleworlds have been very explite about, if you want a completly finished game, then for godsake wait till the full release.

Being in development for 7 years doesn't mean much. We don't know how big the development team is. This is not an AAA title from a major developer with $145million like Borderland. I'm sure the team is bigger than Warband, but it is also exponentially more expansive. Look at goddamn Star Citizen. $$$250 million and still is in development!!!

So stop saying "it has been 7-8 years" argument. It just illustrates the lack of knowledge about how games are developed.

Again, they took the right path by going Early Access. Once it is OUT of Early Access and the state of the game is still unpolished and unstable then you can say "it has been 7-8 years" argument.

Being in development for 7 years doesn't mean much. We don't know how big the development team is. This is not an AAA title from a major developer with $145million like Borderland. I'm sure the team is bigger than Warband, but it is also exponentially more expansive. Look at goddamn Star Citizen. $$$250 million and still is in development!!!

So stop saying "it has been 7-8 years" argument. It just illustrates the lack of knowledge about how games are developed.

Again, they took the right path by going Early Access. Once it is OUT of Early Access and the state of the game is still unpolished and unstable then you can say "it has been 7-8 years" argument.

Actually we've known for a while that talesworld had 100 Employees team working on the game, that AAA territory if you ask me, so sorry to bring it to you but 8 years of development considering they already had experience with M&B, Warband, Fire&sword, Napoleonic wars, Vikings...its safe to say that the people at talesworld are incompetent, im sorry but they are for delivering a product like this by considering what i said above.
The game has good critics right now just because it had so much hype around it that most people playing it now are first timers and are blown away by the core of the game, wish most of us people that have been here since 2008 know that nothing has changed for the past 12 years its the same game with updated graphics, same flaws, and in some cases missing content (ships, hello talesworld, do you remember making a viking expansion? hello?)
I just hope that this year is ganna be more than fixing crashes and more about adding new content or i'ma forget about this game for 2 or 3 years till modders start making interesting stuff, that has always been the best part about M&B, ive 5000h+ in that game and more than 4000 are on mods so...

The dev team is small, and has grown since the project started who knows what their pipeline looked like. I wouldn't be surprised if a good portion of the early development time was spent updating their engine doing base concept design before adding people and expanding their efforts on the game portion of the project. You gotta keep in mind that they overhauled their game engine and developed bannerlords during that time.

I really doubt it man. I've never been as instantly disappointed with a game in my life. The controls are just unplayable. Also even on a rather new machine the hiccups are constant and annoying. i9 with a gtx 2080 ect.

dunno i have ryzen 2700x with 2080 rtx and game performance is top notch ( very slight stutter in battles with 500+ army on both sides and only when there is many dead bodies), but i am a nerd who installs fresh windows clone every 6 months or so :grin:

Been here for a hell of a long time lurking. Got to say I've never been this disappointed in a game. Terrible performance. Terrible controls.
It feels like Warband got dumbed down for console players.

Refunding without whining is the best attitude, something everyone who doesn't like the game in its current state should do. There'll always be time to come back and see if it's improved.

Ur not paying only for the alpha but also for the full and finished game in the future. So whats the big *****ing about? Its not that you only get the game in the current state, but you get the full developed future bannerlord as well.
If you expect a fully polished game, than goddamnit just wait till its done. But stop *****ing about the fact that the game is not yet finished. Taleworlds have been very explite about, if you want a completly finished game, then for godsake wait till the full release.

Honestly, are you people that use this stupid argument not familiar AT ALL with the concept of early access? Take a look at Kerbal Space Program for example. When it was EA, it was sold for 15-20 euros, now that it released it's 40. Same story with ARK, same story with Space Engineers, same story with Rust, same story with DayZ. How the **** can you justify asking for full price on an EA title. That's not how it works, you can't just release an EA title with full price because "oh, it might get good someday". You don't pay for some arcane promise that the dev won't **** off with the money, you pay for the product in its current state.

Honestly, are you people that use this stupid argument not familiar AT ALL with the concept of early access? Take a look at Kerbal Space Program for example. When it was EA, it was sold for 15-20 euros, now that it released it's 40. Same story with ARK, same story with Space Engineers, same story with Rust, same story with DayZ. How the **** can you justify asking for full price on an EA title. That's not how it works, you can't just release an EA title with full price because "oh, it might get good someday". You don't pay for some arcane promise that the dev won't **** off with the money, you pay for the product in its current state.

That's what they did with previous games, but for some reason they went in a totally different direction with this one. Maybe funding news starting to become an issue? Eight years of wages has to be pretty significant.

Star Citizen and Bannerlord actually have more or less the same issue: lead developers who are a lot more controlling and micromanagey than normal, a lot of redesigns of the entire system, and they were developed at a time (2012-2016) when graphical techniques were advancing rapidly and a lot of work had to be scrapped if they wanted it to be future-proof.

Most of the time taken by bannerlord seems to have been the complete redesign of the game that happened around 2015 or so. A lot of assets were scrapped and the entire focus of the game seems to have shifted. Some of the early screenshots are unrecognisable. Star Citizen had a similar problem at around the same time, interestingly enough.

so sorry to bring it to you but 8 years of development considering they already had experience with M&B, Warband, Fire&sword, Napoleonic wars, Vikings...

Taleworlds didn't develop any of those games.

No I understand all that, my point is that the game in its current state is not worth $50. In the UK this is the retail price of AAA PC games. I don't think this'll get Taleworlds in trouble with Steam, but going by Steam's rules it probably should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom