I really didn't want to be this disappointed

Users who are viewing this thread

It's got way more depth and content than Warband had.

$40 is $20 cheaper than other big release games are these days.

It looks and plays amazing and the combat weren't broke so why fix it?

They will add those features and probably many more, don't worry ?

Like they just did right now, patch e1.0.1

HATERS will continue to HATE. End of story.

At least a slightly more completed game. There are people who have already reached the extent of single player in less than a day of playtime, that's not a lot of content to ask $50 - $40 for.

You should've bought the game later then.

If you don't know how to drive, don't be a backseat driver. That's a factual argument

Lol, I love this.

No it's not false. **** posting and criticism is part any industry that produces and sells any goods. Actually it's part of anything not just a industry. So why am I here? To say that this thread is practically pointless as it's not going to change anyone's mind really. People who like the game will like it, people hate the game hates it. Nothing is really going to change their minds. Especially in such a way the thread was created.

I don't think he is trying to change anyone's mind though.

Map is the same as warband :
001_0063.jpg

Mount-Blade-II-Bannerlord-Gamescom-Impressions-03-A-Look-at-the-World.jpg

You serious? hahahah Again you can like it more or less but you can't say its the same, Castles and Towns are now "interacting" with their placement in the Map not just placed there.

4. Ehm I might have been playing another Warband then because as far as i know the only system implemented in warband of the ones I said is maybe the sell/buy info? And implemented in another very much different way so i really dont get you.

7. Yes you always get the same dialog options because as I already said dialogs are like 10% implemented in the EA they are NOT fully implemented I mean who in the world could think that if you have right now just like 3 options when speaking to a NPC...

Again all I want to say is that you cannot just say random facts about bannerlord (most of them are not true) just because it is not the wonderfull game you have been expected, part from it because its not even fully released its EA aka Alpha stage of a proyect. Proyects have Alpha-Beta release and post production/maintenance. The game is not even in a Beta stage because being in Beta stage means you product has every feature you thought about implemented and sorry guys but this is not the case and we have been warned, is not like they sold us the idea that they were releasing the game 100% done thats just the wrong idea that some of you guys had in your mind

The map looks a little nicer but its the same thing just with a fresh coat of paint.

Yes, the feature does not appear to be fully implemented and is very inconsequential which is why I don't think it's really anything worth comparing to Warband.

I understand the game is in early access, I had just hoped that after 8 years the early access would at least have all the stuff Warband had. Instead it feels like a version of Warband that looks a little better, runs a lot worse, and is missing a lot of the features Warband had. I will continue to whine and complain about missing features, bugs, imbalances, etc because I know this game has amazing potential.

The map looks a little nicer but its the same thing just with a fresh coat of paint.
Ain't that an understatement.

I'm tired of people using 8 years of development as an argument for an incomplete game. This isn't Ubisoft we're talking about where they keep pumping out games every year. And yes, I know it's an unfair comparison but I'm sure TaleWorlds aren't sitting on their butts doing nothing.

Ain't that an understatement.

The map is a significant graphical improvement.no doubt, but on a serious note what is so different that we should be impressed by excluding the spectacular graphics for the overhead map.

I'm tired of people using 8 years of development as an argument for an incomplete game. This isn't Ubisoft we're talking about where they keep pumping out games every year. And yes, I know it's an unfair comparison but I'm sure TaleWorlds aren't sitting on their butts doing nothing.

If you analyze Warband and directly compare it to the current features of Warband I personally feel that those features could have definitely been implemented in that time frame or even in a few more months time based on what they have right now. They're not Ubisoft, but smaller teams do a lot more in a lot less time. Subnautica was made by about four people if I'm not mistaken. Undertale was pretty much made by one guy. Any while some of these games may not have that kind of depth, TW had way more than four people and way more time. So yes, it's a little concerning. I never said they were doing nothing, but that's a lot of empty time.

It's an early access release, no doubt about that anymore. The "We will take a year to polish and balance" statements in regards to early access were a bit of an understatement unless TW patches singleplayer a lot faster than multiplayer. Still, I am happy with the fundamentals we can see now in Bannerlord. It's impossible not to make this into an absolute masterpiece. I mean adding content like more varied quests would already go a looooong way, just like introducing more faction/war balance, too. There is lots of small stuff that can already be improved to make the game way more enjoyable longterm. Then there is lack of npc dialogue and such, surely that shouldn't take too long? Anyways we will see from now on if we have to wait another three years or if "one year" is actually truth.

The map is a significant graphical improvement.no doubt, but on a serious note what is so different that we should be impressed by excluding the spectacular graphics for the overhead map.

If you analyze Warband and directly compare it to the current features of Warband I personally feel that those features could have definitely been implemented in that time frame or even in a few more months time based on what they have right now. They're not Ubisoft, but smaller teams do a lot more in a lot less time. Subnautica was made by about four people if I'm not mistaken. Undertale was pretty much made by one guy. Any while some of these games may not have that kind of depth, TW had way more than four people and way more time. So yes, it's a little concerning. I never said they were doing nothing, but that's a lot of empty time.

Noviix, I am onboard with much of what you say but I fear we are wasting our time. Apparently only one perspective can be true to the exclusion of all else. It doesn't matter if you use logic to make your point clear, the "white knights" will always follow and defend their masters blindly.

Again you just said what I wanted to say hahahah

Guys, you have to understand that. TaleWorlds has been through many changes the moment they started to develop Bannerlord, they aren't a 20 years experienced devolpement team like Ubisoft or Rockstar, they added to their proyect 100 new people with all the management problems that includes, plus they are developing an outstanding complicated game in a new engine, with a lot of new ideas and new things they haven't done and no one has (no code pasting from stackoverflow sadly). So don't think they have been 8 years straight developing the game because thats for shure a false statement. New things come with new many many problems and that might be the reason of why it took them so long to develope what we currently have in EA (plus I think they have more features that are currently not in the game because they are not finished/need more polishing).

So please get in the skin of the developers that have been doing this for such a long time and make constructive criticism withouth getting things out of context. If you have purchased the EA, you shouldn't do a review till you have experienced all the stuff thats actually in the game and don't post false statements or just things like this game is crap because warband had X or Y without even knowing what the hell you will get when they release the full game.

Love

Edit:
Noviix, I am onboard with much of what you say but I fear we are wasting our time. Apparently only one perspective can be true to the exclusion of all else. It doesn't matter if you use logic to make your point clear, the "white knights" will always follow and defend their masters blindly.

Please tell me what logic did I miss in my replys :smile:

Let me ask the real question here: How is this game significantly better than Warband?
I'm not asking for a standard list of Bannerlord features. I'm asking what makes this significantly better than its predecessor. What standout features do we have here that makes us delighted that this sequel took so long to develop?

I'm really curious as I don't know how to answer that question.

I'm just saying the graphical improvement is a bit more than a fresh coat of paint. Also, he mentioned earlier how the number of fiefs was the same.

Honestly I can't speak for those other games and I don't know myself why the game took so long (except the whole engine building thing and scratching everything after like 2-3 years). I'm sure they have their reasons. I believe that the game will be just fine by the end of early access and I don't like that other people don't.
But then again, I'm the kind of person that doesn't mind anything so yeah...

Again you just said what I wanted to say hahahah

Guys, you have to understand that. TaleWorlds has been through many changes the moment they started to develop Bannerlord, they aren't a 20 years experienced devolpement team like Ubisoft or Rockstar, they added to their proyect 100 new people with all the management problems that includes, plus they are developing an outstanding complicated game in a new engine, with a lot of new ideas and new things they haven't done and no one has (no code pasting from stackoverflow sadly). So don't think they have been 8 years straight developing the game because thats for shure a false statement. New things come with new many many problems and that might be the reason of why it took them so long to develope what we currently have in EA (plus I think they have more features that are currently not in the game because they are not finished/need more polishing).

So please get in the skin of the developers that have been doing this for such a long time and make constructive criticism withouth getting things out of context. If you have purchased the EA, you shouldn't do a review till you have experienced all the stuff thats actually in the game and don't post false statements or just things like this game is crap because warband had X or Y without even knowing what the hell you will get when they release the full game.

Love

I appreciate all the work TaleWorlds has done. Heaven knows game development isnt easy. I still want to know why we are not allowed to expect a little more after all this time.

At least a slightly more completed game. There are people who have already reached the extent of single player in less than a day of playtime, that's not a lot of content to ask $50 - $40 for.
You are judging your purchase off your immediate value from an EA title.This is everything wrong with what you and people similar are saying and proves just how entitled you all are. You paid $50-40 for an EA title that comes with free 24/7 development for the next two years AT LEAST. If you can't get this through your thick skull refund and get lost

You are allowed to expect more and be a bit disappointed (hell, even I am slightly disappointed), but complaining how an incomplete game is incomplete is kinda pointless.
This. Enough said.

Let me ask the real question here: How is this game significantly better than Warband?
I'm not asking for a standard list of Bannerlord features. I'm asking what makes this significantly better than its predecessor. What standout features do we have here that makes us delighted that this sequel took so long to develop?

I'm really curious as I don't know how to answer that question.
Everything works better than in Warband? Did you even play that game?
You know what I did in PoP? I told my cavalry to dismount, move behind their parked horses and then I killed elite enemy stacks from behind without losing a single hitpoint, because they would get stuck in the dismounted horses unable to move away.

Compared to a game like that this plays completely different, I have already had more impressive battles than would ever be possible in Warband.

You are allowed to expect more and be a bit disappointed (hell, even I am slightly disappointed), but complaining how an incomplete game is incomplete is kinda pointless.
Complaining is good. If enough people complain the devs will eventually catch wind of something missing that people really want and add it.

My intention is not to complain and I apologize if it comes across that way. As fans we are passionate about our interests and this game has been on my radar for years. My hope is that TaleWorlds will hear our concerns and see our disappointment and do everything within their power to give us something closer to what we hoped it would be...but I can't be faulted if I doubt they will fulfill that vision so late in the game.

I appreciate all the work TaleWorlds has done. Heaven knows game development isnt easy. I still want to know why we are not allowed to expect a little more after all this time.

You can expect whatever you like is your opinion of course, I just don't share it when people just mention the bad things and completly forgets/ignores the good ones. After all this is a game, like in movies people have their opinions but I don't like it when they just completly ignore facts.
If the game would have been released (current state) as a full release, then I would probably be sharing the arguments some have shared, but because this is not the full release and I know/hope that things (like bugs, optimization or missing/incomplete features) would be addresed and fixed, I simply cannot stand the trash talk some people are spreading throught the forum. I just hope devs don't read them or at least don't consider them because if they get dismotivated the game we will have in one year(or whatever time) would not be made with the same love warband was. Plus if I get a few people to view things and the game (in his EA state) from a different point of view the better ☺

Edit: As Lord of Shadows said complaining about features that are implemented (but not fully or with bugs) or features they already said will be in the full release (*ejem* Kingdom Management *ejem*) is just not the right thing to complain about. If you want a better game, just write post about features that are missing and not acknowledged, new ideas or things that in your opinion could change, but please dont go whining about things that aren't true or things that will change with the patches and fixes they will periodically be including in the EA phase

Last edited:
7 years of development and it simply feels like a graphical update from the first M&B.
I really, really wish I could fathom what the devs spent their time on.
Sure, the graphical upgrade is nice but hardly AAA.

Let me list a few reasons for my disappointment:
- Combat is clunky and lackluster. While this was true for the older games I'm sure most of us expected some innovation on this front.
- The menu-based system for commanding troops is cumbersome - again, I expected this to be improved.
- Gameplay-wise it feels like very little was improved upon from the original games. This feels more like a new map with some mods.
- Which brings me to the cost. Why on earth would you charge so much for a title that is in all respects simply v1.5 of your original game?

Minor complaints:
- Certain cities/towns have no ambient sounds making them rather lifeless.
- Town/City NPC's are as cookie cutter as you can get...and not in a good way.
- The Character Creator doesn't seem nearly as inspired and versatile as they lead us to believe during previous gameplay demos.

Again 7 years? As a fan and a paying customer I truly believe the community deserves some insight into how so much time could have been wasted on something that you had almost the entire blueprint for already? Don't get me wrong, I will still play and enjoy this game...but no more than the previous one as it is in many ways the same product and certainly not what anyone would have expected nearly a decade later.

The reason why **** games have been coming out in the past decade is because of the fan boys and white knights. Oh, it's fine. It'll be ironed out. It's beta, blah blah blah. OMG. Can't even launch the game.

Back
Top Bottom