[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Users who are viewing this thread

@alster52 - they are not better or worse. They are different.

The young nobles can train into two paths--rogue kingdom knights or hero adventurers. Comparing the two, Sarleon for example, a Rogue Sarleon Knight is cheaper and faster to train than a Sarleon Knight, but is also weaker. A hero adventurer is more powerful than a Sarleon Knight (and is a horse archer), but is also much more expensive to maintain. So it depends on what you want--if you want a decent melee knight quickly, go for rogue knights. If you are willing to spend more time and money training, go for a kingdom knight or a Hero Adventurer. And sometimes, you may not have a choice--you just have to use the units you find in a tavern or in a prisoner train.

And not all of the rogue knights and kingdom knights are the same. An Empire Knight is much easier to find and train than a Sarleon Knight, but is weaker.

If you want a general ranking, ignoring price and training difficulty, it's this:

Hero Adventurer > Sarleon Knight > everything else is pretty similar. HAs and Sarleon Knights are both top-tier units, I'd call all of the remaining kingdom knights (except Pendor Black Archers and Pendor Foot Knights, which are specialized troops) and all of the rogue kingdom knights roughly similar. Rogue Blackheart Knights are also not as powerful as the used to be after the nerf to the Runed Bastard Sword.

Do lords use the pool of KO units from their walled fiefs in 3.9? I know this was one of the Leonion's tweaks in previous versions. Or do they still keep lots of expensive troops behind walls, thus reducing their field army size?

alster52 said:
And, how viable is useing throwing weapons in pendor?
They are definitely viable and a fun way to play the game imo, however throwing weapons are clearly not as effective as archery in terms of killing power. But if you would enjoy playing with throwing weapons then don't hesitate to use them!  :wink:

Barbarius said:
Do lords use the pool of KO units from their walled fiefs in 3.9? I know this was one of the Leonion's tweaks in previous versions. Or do they still keep lots of expensive troops behind walls, thus reducing their field army size?
Yes, that tweak of Leonion got officially implemented into the game in v3.8. However it's at the expense of a bigger party size with lower quality troops in general, unless you ensure that the given lord is wealthy enough.

It might just be the placebo effect but it seems like when going to a ransom broker you end up getting less money by selling them through the automatic option rather then selling each individually is this the case or am i just crazy.

alster52 said:
It might just be the placebo effect but it seems like when going to a ransom broker you end up getting less money by selling them through the automatic option rather then selling each individually is this the case or am i just crazy.
You are just "crazy", the prices are the exact same  :grin:

As i was playing through in the current update the empire feels very weak they went from having all of there normal territory to only owning one castle. So is the empire weak or are the d'shar just super strong?

alster52 said:
As i was playing through in the current update the empire feels very weak they went from having all of there normal territory to only owning one castle. So is the empire weak or are the d'shar just super strong?
All factions are balanced to be able to deal with a healthy amount of invaders in their territory and still hold the status quo. If something goes off, that's either due to the overabundance of these invaders (i.e. spawns), unlucky war declarations (e.g. multiple), or one faction getting much stronger than the other due to more lords defecting to it and such. The Empire has to deal with both the Snake Cult and Noldors in their territory. As such they have one of the highest autocalc strength overall. The rest is up to rng.

I seem to be having a mental block and internet searches are failing me.  How do I move my residence?  I don't have my own kingdom yet so no minister.  I recently was awarded another town and I'd like to move my wife back to the old one.

zorro45 said:
I seem to be having a mental block and internet searches are failing me.  How do I move my residence?  I don't have my own kingdom yet so no minister.  I recently was awarded another town and I'd like to move my wife back to the old one.
Have velvet and tools in your inventory, and in the given town's entering menu, click on the "move your court here" (or something like that).

Gorvex said:
zorro45 said:
Have velvet and tools in your inventory, and in the given town's entering menu, click on the "move your court here" (or something like that).
That is what I thought.  I have 3 tools, 3 velvets, and 3 wool cloths (just to be safe) in my inventory but the option isn't there.

You have court only when you're a monarch, before that your wife is in the largest fief of your faction or your own. I don't know how game is prioritizing them. Assuming that something is there while your own eyes tell you that there isn't, is a wrong way and no internet search will help you with that.

zorro45 said:
Gorvex said:
zorro45 said:
That is what I thought.  I have 3 tools, 3 velvets, and 3 wool cloths (just to be safe) in my inventory but the option isn't there.
Oh, I misunderstood you a bit then. I thought you know that you need to have a minister to actually have a court, which requires you to be king/queen as sher said. It seemed to me that you are asking about the future, on how to change your court's location when you will have one.

Gorvex said:
alster52 said:
All factions are balanced to be able to deal with a healthy amount of invaders in their territory and still hold the status quo. If something goes off, that's either due to the overabundance of these invaders (i.e. spawns), unlucky war declarations (e.g. multiple), or one faction getting much stronger than the other due to more lords defecting to it and such. The Empire has to deal with both the Snake Cult and Noldors in their territory. As such they have one of the highest autocalc strength overall. The rest is up to rng.

Where can I find the 3.9 autocalc values?

FIREARMS

Hi all,

looted myself a bag of bullets. Where/how can I get a firearm? Have not seen bullets/firearms in shops by abt. 145 gamedays.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Oldtimer said:
FIREARMS

Hi all,

looted myself a bag of bullets. Where/how can I get a firearm? Have not seen bullets/firearms in shops by abt. 145 gamedays.

Rgds, Oldtimer
From Donavan, or loot yourself an Arquebus from Barclay Arquebusiers (fight them). They are not available as merchandise.

Gorvex said:
Oldtimer said:
FIREARMS

Hi all,

Rgds, Oldtimer
From Donavan, or loot yourself an Arquebus from Barclay Arquebusiers (fight them). They are not available as merchandise.

Righty,

thx for your attn.,

Oldtimer

Back
Top Bottom