SP - Player, NPCs & Troops The Great Poll about textile Colour

Users who are viewing this thread

Let's see through the vote where the fans want to take this issue. For my part little more to add. Just point out that I hope™ that the developers first, take a look at the poll and second, that they know how to satisfy the fan's wishes in order to build a better Bannerlord.

I think I'd like a PW sort of way to do it. So shields, tabards, heraldic padded cloths and such, and things like the heraldic mail with tunic and such. I liked the distinction, but I don't want it on everything for the sake of it

578 said:
Cant believe 52 people actually voted 'yes' and want to see power rangers in the battle.

can't beleive so many others voted 'no' and want to have floating glowing discs above their men.

The phrasing of the question is stupid. I'd rather have the colours washed out a bit more instead of the current implementation, but I'd still take a bright colourcoded battlefield over edgy browns and a sea of glowing circles.

Fortnight said:
578 said:
Cant believe 52 people actually voted 'yes' and want to see power rangers in the battle.

can't beleive so many others voted 'no' and want to have floating glowing discs above their men.

The phrasing of the question is stupid. I'd rather have the colours washed out a bit more instead of the current implementation, but I'd still take a bright colourcoded battlefield over edgy browns and a sea of glowing circles.

I don't know what qualities you may have to compensate for that attitude you have, however everyone may be stupid sometime, but you abuse the privilege.

Please review the writing on this thread and take a look at this capture:

3uj1c.jpg

Surprise the floating glossy circles can be deactivated!

There should be a middle ground between unicolour factions as seen presently, and no colour distinction at all. Some improvement in distinction between troops over Warband, where there was none, is not a bad idea. It just could be done more subtly and beautifully than it currently is.

At any rate, there is no need to get uncivil about it, even if one personally does favour one of the extremes.

Even just a subtle shader effect that color codes an armies clothing based on their alignment to the player would be nice. Not quite a Red vs Blue situation, but something that creates a consistent but unobtrusive visual language to help the player determine who they should be stabbing and who they should not be stabbing.

Despite the constant attempts to make everyone that voted yes into a bunch of retarded clowns, I’m on the fence. Maybe tone down the saturation and brightness of the colors. It’s almost like a poll with only a hard yes and no is a terrible way to gauge community opinion, given that voting one way or the other apparently implies I support the most extreme versions of my choice.

Terco_Viejo said:
Fortnight said:
578 said:

I don't know what qualities you may have to compensate for that attitude you have, however everyone may be stupid sometime, but you abuse the privilege.

Please review the writing on this thread and take a look at this capture:

3uj1c.jpg

Surprise the floating glossy circles can be deactivated!

I don't seem to recall you complaining about the attitude of the person whose line I used verbatim. Also, I think the point has been made clear that the purpose of the floating glossy circles is identification. Disabling them then makes identification impossible, unless another system replaces them, which would be the coloured clothes, an obviously much sleeker solution. This point has been repeated ~10 times. If I abuse my privilege for being stupid, what does failing to comprehend something that has been repeated so much make you?

I have always been an advocate for more options. Simply add a checkbox to disable coloured clothes, maybe an opacity slider if TW is feeling adventurous, and all problems are solved. /thread.

Fortnight said:
I don't seem to recall you complaining about the attitude of the person whose line I used verbatim. Also, I think the point has been made clear that the purpose of the floating glossy circles is identification. Disabling them then makes identification impossible, unless another system replaces them, which would be the coloured clothes, an obviously much sleeker solution. This point has been repeated ~10 times. If I abuse my privilege for being stupid, what does failing to comprehend something that has been repeated so much make you?

I have always been an advocate for more options. Simply add a checkbox to disable coloured clothes, maybe an opacity slider if TW is feeling adventurous, and all problems are solved. /thread.

Precisely the poll was made so extremely simple (YES/NO) that by means of the debate, we here present would look for alternative ways halfway to "guide" the developers in some way to convey our preferences to them.

It seems that between all of us, from those who voted yes to those who voted no; we have made it clear that the colours "shine" perhaps a little too much and that it would be good to see more variety in the groups of units so that they do not look so much like a single-colour block. Hopefully we will see changes in the next images/videos/beta that testify to Talewordls' approach to this issue in a satisfactory way; both for them and for us.

@Fortnight, I certainly did not like your comment; it is also true that I may have misunderstood it and with it my unusual reaction. My most sincere apologies buddy.

Fortnight said:
578 said:

Why are you not able to understand that people that said 'no' 99% surely will play the game with banners turned off?

Maybe the floating circles can be bound to the alt button so we will see them when we need them.

I voted yes because I want to see some unity within soldiers but also I don't want to see all uniform soldiers.

Looking at pieces of the code related to TeamColor, it looks like there is a multimesh system that looks at, and applies,
Code:
teamColor1
and
Code:
teamColor2
to the material of items that have a flag named
Code:
UseTeamColor

So, based on that, a player could potentially choose their own team colors and determine their own level of gaudiness.

SupaNinjaMan said:
Looking at pieces of the code related to TeamColor, it looks like there is a multimesh system that looks at, and applies,
Code:
teamColor1
and
Code:
teamColor2
to the material of items that have a flag named
Code:
UseTeamColor

So, based on that, a player could potentially choose their own team colors and determine their own level of gaudiness.
Actually, that the system is prooving our with @John the Roleplayer theory about home/away colors
John the Roleplayer said:
SturgiaStrong said:
[...]
John the Roleplayer said:
However, the fact that in the video the Vlandians are wearing yellow, when not long ago they were shown in red, makes me hopeful, that the current presentation is not final.
They are wearing yellow in video because player's forces wearing color similar to red. If player will be Aserai then Vlandians would be in red shirts. Like in football game  :meh:

I thought of that too. If that's really how it is, well, that would just be silly.
But that's if i correctly understood what's multimesh system means. I doesn't know anything about technical part

My usage of multimesh is a direct reference to language in the code and is the way the game draws agents, not that the there are multiple available meshes. So, probably no home/away team schemes unfortunately.

Those colors were probably chosen by the devs to easily differentiate troops in a GIF without banners.

The way the armor team coloration seems to work, is it looks at all the agent's equipment, checks to see if the equipment has TeamColors enabled, then colors it based on their teamColor1 and teamColor2. More of a primary and secondary color, opposed to a Home and Away.

Back
Top Bottom