Cordon Sanitaire: Play-by-Post RP Interest Check/OCC WIP!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Jhessail said:
If and when IA gets back to me, the appearance will change as he has some nice stuff that's more personalized. That's basically the character I was going to play in your campaign Ulf, ported to modernity and without the magical aspects
A revised appearance should be ready Weds. or Thurs. including some of this.
complexion pale.
Equipment: A rabbit skin satchel containing her medical equipment - gauze and other bandages, natural remedies like specific bark and berries, a surgery-level scalpel, scissors, number of actual drugs like antibiotics. A dark-green Fjällräven backpack containing two spare sets of clothes, a Trangia set for cooking, a sleeping bag, a crank flashlight, and ammunition for her .22LR Sako rifle plus a cleaning kit. A hunting/working knife "puukko" and a Leatherman multitool carried on her belt.

Worn: Brown hiking boots, forest camo trousers with side pockets, a brown leather belt, dark green hiking jacket with multiple pockets and grey fur lining covering the neck and wrists, black leather gloves, a wolf fur hat.

Weapons: Sako Finnfire .22LR hunting rifle with a rugged x2 optical scope. Basic knife.

Addendum--- In an unsurprising heads up I may add a bit more junk in the trunk than you may be picturing.

Additional Addendum--- I'm also heading  towards  inebriated at this moment. Also probably unsurprising.

Character sheet with new AngelSachsen-Friendly equipment.
Name: Walter Holden Junger

Nationality: American

Experience
: Elite
Appearance: Large, leathered hands. 6'3"/190cm tall. Sunken, pale blue eyes. Sunbeaten skin. Tight cropped graying brown-blonde hair, trimmed beard extending across jawline and covering mouth on all sides. Prominent extended brow, just behind his chin, then his tall nose.

Personality: Extremely calm and collected. Studious and technical. Positive, approachable, eloquent, and charismatic. Horrifically brutal, aggressive, and merciless towards his enemies.

Talents: Former army officer, expertly trained with small arms, and heavily studied in weapons technology. Functional but non-fluent French language skills. Fluent German.

Equipment: Olive Green Chest Rig & Backpack, Watch, Radio Headset, French Maps, Compass.
Worn: See spoilered image.
E5D38DFB70887888D45EFEF10C3A6E30D28F133B
Weapons: BCM Jack Carbine AR-15 with 8 USGI Magazines, Red-Dot sight, rail mounted flashlight, Mid length suppressor. M9 Bayonet.

Biography: Disordered Scribbles in an old Journal. Quotations from various authors.
"Alik, maybe while it's not too late, tell your guys to retreat. Don't do this, don't do this. In any case, Alik, you and I will die. What's the point of all this? Who will win this? You and I will not win this, understand? If we or I see you in the action, I won't show you mercy, just like you won't, understand? It's better if you come to me as a guest. Retreat your guys. Have pity for their mothers, have pity for your guys, retreat them. Give the order."
"I'm not that big of a boss to give such an order."
"Alik, from my heart, I wish that you survive this, but you better leave."
"I don't have this choice. I have orders and I will obey them in any case."

"This great evil; Where's it come from? How'd it steal into the world? What seed, what root did it grow from? Who's doing this? Who's killing us? Robbing us of life and light? Mocking us with the sight of what we might have known. Does our ruin benefit the Earth? Does it help the grass to grow, the sun to shine? Is this darkness in you too? Have you passed through this night?
We were a family. How'd it break up and come apart, so that now we're turned against each other? Each standing in the other's light. How'd we lose that good that was given us? Let it slip away. Scattered it, careless. What's keepin' us from reaching out, touching the glory?"
"You're dying. See them birds up there? They gonna eat you raw. Where you're going, you're not coming back from."
"You will die someday too."

"Mankind is not realizing their gasping ignorance. They are drugged into a stupor by propaganda from infancy. No state, no religion, no ideology can justify murder in its name. Mankind must lose the tentacles of propaganda for all time, or it shall begin sleep eternal. We must become civilized."

"To put it metaphorically, in political philosophy war is compared to a game of strategy (like chess); in eschatological philosophy, to a mission or the dénouement of a drama; in cataclysmic philosophy, to a fire or an epidemic.

These do not, of course, exhaust the views of war prevailing at different times and at different places. For example, war has at times been viewed as a pastime or an adventure, as the only proper occupation for a nobleman, as an affair of honor (for example, the days of chivalry), as a ceremony (e.g. among the Aztecs), as an outlet of aggressive instincts or a manifestation of a "death wish", as nature's way of ensuring the survival of the fittest, as an absurdity (e.g. among Eskimos), as a tenacious custom, destined to die out like slavery, and as a crime. (On War, Rapoport's introduction, 17)"

"None of the above do I espouse. War is violence and counter-violence. Aggression and defense. Its reasoning and justification are found in the specifics of the conflict. There is no single nature of War except its removal of peace, the removal of men. Peace is man's great food. What do we fast for? What are we fighting for? The only thing certain in fighting a war is not that you will die, but that some of your friends definitely will."

I will take their heroes and soldiers, judges and prophets, fortunetellers and statesmen, army officers and high officials, advisers, skilled craftsmen, and astrologers. I will make boys their leaders. Children will govern them.
You will be pierced with sharp arrows and burned with glowing coals.
We are given no signs from God; no prophets are left, and none of us knows how long this will be.

"The good book says that he that lives by the sword shall perish by the sword, said the black.

The judge smiled. What right man would have it any other way? he said.

The good book does indeed count war an evil, said Irving. Yet there's many a bloody tale of war inside it.

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.
Men are born for games. Nothing else. Every child knows that play is nobler than work. He knows too that the worth or merit of a game is not inherent in the game itself but rather in the value of that which is put at hazard. Games of chance require a wager to have meaning at all. Games of sport involve the skill and strength of the opponents and the humiliation of defeat and the pride of victory are in themselves sufficient stake because they inhere in the worth of the principals and define them. But trial of chance or trial of worth, all games aspire to the condition of war, for here that which is wagered swallows up game, player, all.

Suppose two men at cards with nothing to wager save their lives. Who has not heard such a tale? A turn of the card. The whole universe for such a player has labored clanking to this moment, which will tell if he is to die at that man's hand or that man at his. What more certain validation of a man's worth could there be? This enhancement of the game to its ultimate state admits no argument concerning the notion of fate. The selection of one man over another is a preference absolute and irrevocable, and it is a dull man indeed who could reckon so profound a decision without agency or significance either one. In such games as have for their stake the annihilation of the defeated, the decisions are quite clear. This man, holding this particular arrangement of cards in his hand, is thereby removed from existence. This is the nature of war, whose stake is at once the game, the authority, and the justification. Seen so, war is the truest form of divination. It is the testing of one's will and the will of another within that larger will, which because it binds them is therefore forced to select. War is the ultimate game because war is at last a forcing of the unity of existence. War is god. "

I'm kinda in a writing rut, so don't expect me to be joining you fellows soon. Eventually, perhaps, and I might get to finishing up that NA lore I promised, but for now you can effectively count me out.

Rallix said:
Character sheet with new AngelSachsen-Friendly equipment.
Name: Walter Holden Junger

Nationality: American

Experience
: Elite
Appearance: Large, leathered hands. 6'3"/190cm tall. Sunken, pale blue eyes. Sunbeaten skin. Tight cropped graying brown-blonde hair, trimmed beard extending across jawline and covering mouth on all sides. Prominent extended brow, just behind his chin, then his tall nose.

Personality: Extremely calm and collected. Studious and technical. Positive, approachable, eloquent, and charismatic. Horrifically brutal, aggressive, and merciless towards his enemies.

Talents: Former army officer, expertly trained with small arms, and heavily studied in weapons technology. Functional but non-fluent French language skills. Fluent German.

Equipment: Olive Green Chest Rig & Backpack, Watch, Radio Headset, French Maps, Compass.
Worn: See spoilered image.
E5D38DFB70887888D45EFEF10C3A6E30D28F133B
Weapons: BCM Jack Carbine AR-15 with 8 USGI Magazines, Red-Dot sight, rail mounted flashlight, Mid length suppressor. M9 Bayonet.

Biography: Disordered Scribbles in an old Journal. Quotations from various authors.
"Alik, maybe while it's not too late, tell your guys to retreat. Don't do this, don't do this. In any case, Alik, you and I will die. What's the point of all this? Who will win this? You and I will not win this, understand? If we or I see you in the action, I won't show you mercy, just like you won't, understand? It's better if you come to me as a guest. Retreat your guys. Have pity for their mothers, have pity for your guys, retreat them. Give the order."
"I'm not that big of a boss to give such an order."
"Alik, from my heart, I wish that you survive this, but you better leave."
"I don't have this choice. I have orders and I will obey them in any case."

"This great evil; Where's it come from? How'd it steal into the world? What seed, what root did it grow from? Who's doing this? Who's killing us? Robbing us of life and light? Mocking us with the sight of what we might have known. Does our ruin benefit the Earth? Does it help the grass to grow, the sun to shine? Is this darkness in you too? Have you passed through this night?
We were a family. How'd it break up and come apart, so that now we're turned against each other? Each standing in the other's light. How'd we lose that good that was given us? Let it slip away. Scattered it, careless. What's keepin' us from reaching out, touching the glory?"
"You're dying. See them birds up there? They gonna eat you raw. Where you're going, you're not coming back from."
"You will die someday too."

"Mankind is not realizing their gasping ignorance. They are drugged into a stupor by propaganda from infancy. No state, no religion, no ideology can justify murder in its name. Mankind must lose the tentacles of propaganda for all time, or it shall begin sleep eternal. We must become civilized."

"To put it metaphorically, in political philosophy war is compared to a game of strategy (like chess); in eschatological philosophy, to a mission or the dénouement of a drama; in cataclysmic philosophy, to a fire or an epidemic.

These do not, of course, exhaust the views of war prevailing at different times and at different places. For example, war has at times been viewed as a pastime or an adventure, as the only proper occupation for a nobleman, as an affair of honor (for example, the days of chivalry), as a ceremony (e.g. among the Aztecs), as an outlet of aggressive instincts or a manifestation of a "death wish", as nature's way of ensuring the survival of the fittest, as an absurdity (e.g. among Eskimos), as a tenacious custom, destined to die out like slavery, and as a crime. (On War, Rapoport's introduction, 17)"

"None of the above do I espouse. War is violence and counter-violence. Aggression and defense. Its reasoning and justification are found in the specifics of the conflict. There is no single nature of War except its removal of peace, the removal of men. Peace is man's great food. What do we fast for? What are we fighting for? The only thing certain in fighting a war is not that you will die, but that some of your friends definitely will."

I will take their heroes and soldiers, judges and prophets, fortunetellers and statesmen, army officers and high officials, advisers, skilled craftsmen, and astrologers. I will make boys their leaders. Children will govern them.
You will be pierced with sharp arrows and burned with glowing coals.
We are given no signs from God; no prophets are left, and none of us knows how long this will be.

"The good book says that he that lives by the sword shall perish by the sword, said the black.

The judge smiled. What right man would have it any other way? he said.

The good book does indeed count war an evil, said Irving. Yet there's many a bloody tale of war inside it.

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.
Men are born for games. Nothing else. Every child knows that play is nobler than work. He knows too that the worth or merit of a game is not inherent in the game itself but rather in the value of that which is put at hazard. Games of chance require a wager to have meaning at all. Games of sport involve the skill and strength of the opponents and the humiliation of defeat and the pride of victory are in themselves sufficient stake because they inhere in the worth of the principals and define them. But trial of chance or trial of worth, all games aspire to the condition of war, for here that which is wagered swallows up game, player, all.

Suppose two men at cards with nothing to wager save their lives. Who has not heard such a tale? A turn of the card. The whole universe for such a player has labored clanking to this moment, which will tell if he is to die at that man's hand or that man at his. What more certain validation of a man's worth could there be? This enhancement of the game to its ultimate state admits no argument concerning the notion of fate. The selection of one man over another is a preference absolute and irrevocable, and it is a dull man indeed who could reckon so profound a decision without agency or significance either one. In such games as have for their stake the annihilation of the defeated, the decisions are quite clear. This man, holding this particular arrangement of cards in his hand, is thereby removed from existence. This is the nature of war, whose stake is at once the game, the authority, and the justification. Seen so, war is the truest form of divination. It is the testing of one's will and the will of another within that larger will, which because it binds them is therefore forced to select. War is the ultimate game because war is at last a forcing of the unity of existence. War is god. "
Kliponious-green-tick.png

I wait upon you.

Sure, you can start posting.

If a character is planned to be in the ex-supermarket outpost and you found that I haven't fully described the place to your satisfaction, then the next post I will put up will be the morning after and will further set the stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLDhMU5JvMk

What's in the box? I don't know what to post, cause I don't know what the package is supposed to be, and therefore how my character relates to it.
**** it. I'm gonna go ham on this *****.

Objective: Capture Box

I'm just waiting to see what IA comes up for my character as well as seeing a good moment in the story to interject my character into it.

Jhessail said:
I'm just waiting to see what IA comes up for my character as well as seeing a good moment in the story to interject my character into it.
And example would be now. Like, **** is going down, shots have been fired. Now might be a good time to gtfo the outpost.

I'm not going to deviate too much from the draft you saw J-sail. So you pretty much a good idea what it'll look like. Just going to change the jacket up a bit to look better with a fur lining.

****! I know editing isn't really ok in the IC thread. But I started noticins sooo many ****ing grammatical errors and ****ty syntax etc. I just couldn't leave it like that. I'll try to do a better job of proofreading before I post next time.

Teofish said:
****! I know editing isn't really ok in the IC thread. But I started noticins sooo many ****ing grammatical errors and ****ty syntax etc. I just couldn't leave it like that. I'll try to do a better job of proofreading before I post next time.
Post is good, proofreading can always be done after. Just get that **** down.
A nice burning building and housefire is just what was needed.

Back
Top Bottom