SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Suggestion: Four ways to add immersion/intrigue

Users who are viewing this thread

dcolinfox

Recruit
Four suggestions to create a more immersive/intriguing experience to the game.

Assassins:

A noble (depending on character traits) may send an assassin after another noble for different reasons. One could be because a noble killed a family member on the battlefield (We need to keep track of which nobles killed other nobles; killed by __________ in battle.) Another could be spousal infidelity with another noble. Another could be simply a reputation below -70. If death is enabled and the noble loses the ambush, the assassination succeeded. (Though I would limit assassination attempts to be directed at the player so the populace doesn't die out.)

Duels:

Two types of Duels: 1) To the yield 2) To the death
Duels are the honorable version of sending assassins (depending on character traits). The reasons and degree of duels could vary. For yielding duels, one could be village raids, another could be refusal to ransom clan members, while yet another could be from another suitor (as it was in Warband). For death duels, it could be killing a family member in combat, or spousal infidelity. If a player refuses a duel, they can earn a cowardly trait (Affects morale) and the challenger will inflict 25% more personal damage against the player character in combat with an increased chance of death. (All of this depends on death being enabled)

Infidelity:

The world wouldn't be realistic without it and it can create some in-game intrigue. Nobles with the devious trait (or a combination of other traits) may be prone to cheat on their spouses with other nobles who possess similar traits. If they possess the fertile perk, then the affair could result in an illegitimate child (creates his/her own clan when they come of age, but retains brother, sister, father, mother relations). The infidelity will also result in bad blood between clans and may trigger duel challenges and/or assassination attempts. Further, Nobles may kick their spouses from the clan and remarry, forgive them altogether, or even execute them (bad bad bad; companions and children without the cruel trait may leave the clan for good). Characters kicked from their clans earn the Cheater trait, and they won't ever marry again into another clan and so become wanderers.

When family kills family:

I was in a game during early release when Ira killed Rhaegha during a battle. I would have never known it if I hadn't saw the banner with the Red Skull in it pass by in the upper right-hand corner. That's some serious drama and an event worth noting in game with a little scene and an encyclopedia entry.

These are just general ideas. I know it is not very detailed but it conveys on some of the missing and much-needed aspects of the game (things to do in peacetime along with more peacetime).

Back
Top Bottom