SP Antiquity [WB] Dawn of Man - Reborn/Redone/Remastered

Users who are viewing this thread

Forgot to mention, the unlockables will of course be unlockable by micro transactions and the giant companions, you will need 100 dino points to actually recruit him.
(Dino points will be purchasable also by micro transactions at the price of 10 majestic British pounds per coin)
  :mrgreen:

Fun fact if you want to include "giants", a recent study (well a new one, from the wiki article it's apparently been known for a while but new fossils were recently discovered) suggested that a giant primate did roam Earth a long time ago : Gigantopithecus . It lived in Asia (which means it likely never encountered any Neanderthal who were only in Europe afaik) but since I'm not sure your mod is based on any precise Earth geography it may not be an issue. Timeline-wise it's thought that it lived for a long time (up to 100 000 years ago) and thus coexisted with several hominid species from H. Erectus to H. Sapiens, making it not completely a "fantasy" thing.

Apart from that I'm clearly in the "Closer to actual prehistory" camp, there are quite a few fantasy mods already while there's literally none set in prehistoric times.

Wendek said:
Fun fact if you want to include "giants", a recent study (well a new one, from the wiki article it's apparently been known for a while but new fossils were recently discovered) suggested that a giant primate did roam Earth a long time ago : Gigantopithecus . It lived in Asia (which means it likely never encountered any Neanderthal who were only in Europe afaik) but since I'm not sure your mod is based on any precise Earth geography it may not be an issue. Timeline-wise it's thought that it lived for a long time (up to 100 000 years ago) and thus coexisted with several hominid species from H. Erectus to H. Sapiens, making it not completely a "fantasy" thing.

Apart from that I'm clearly in the "Closer to actual prehistory" camp, there are quite a few fantasy mods already while there's literally none set in prehistoric times.

That is actually perfect. Yeah this mod is very loosely based around the late neolithic. The fact that the giant apes are Asian fits perfectly with the Asian nomadic tribe that will be replacing the dark knight invasion. Thanks for sharing this.

Alrighty got a big announcement to make for you lot!

The original author of this mod, Zarthas is back and I would like to announce that me and him have joined our efforts to get this mod redone, repolished and ready to throw out to you guys. So let's welcome Zarthas back to the forums and the team! There are also kind folks like Cap.Nikollas (modeling, scripting) and PrinceOfJudah (historical research) who are offering all kinds of help and support with this mod and those are the types of people we need on the team. If you would like to help us out, you are free to do so, the more the merrier! Thanks and I hope you continue following this mod as you did for all this time!​

This is still a thing? Sweet :party:

Do you guys plan to have dinosaurs? Saw one in a Screenshot, but didnt remember you mentioned it any time when you first released the thread.

Cynfar said:
This is still a thing? Sweet :party:

Do you guys plan to have dinosaurs? Saw one in a Screenshot, but didnt remember you mentioned it any time when you first released the thread.

Redleg said:
Dinosaurs?  It would be cool but also anachronistic.  Mammoths and giant bears and such would be cool.

Well yeah, I do not see a problem with doing what Zarthas said above. It would be just another one of those cool little features that make this mod great and unique. Mammoths and large wild animals are something vital. We will be working on systems such as hunting and wild animal encounters/ambushes in the future. Currently we have our own set agendas for the next few upcoming weeks. Zarthas has specified his so here is mine:

• Gathering (Mining, Food, Wood, Bone) - This is my top priority right now and what I will finish first.
  • Totem/Birth sign system - This will be something you chose at start. You select a totem so for example, totem of the bear. This will put a wooden bear statue in your inventory which grants you extra bonuses, almost like a book.
  • New map icons - I will be creating map icons for other factions such as the plainsmen (Grass huts etc.)
  • New hairs - I will modify and expand on the current set of hairs that we have, because of the resources available to me I can make some cool variations.

• Gathering (Mining, Food, Wood, Bone) - This is my top priority right now and what I will finish first.
  • Totem/Birth sign system - This will be something you chose at start. You select a totem so for example, totem of the bear. This will put a wooden bear statue in your inventory which grants you extra bonuses, almost like a book.
  • New map icons - I will be creating map icons for other factions such as the plainsmen (Grass huts etc.)
  • New hairs - I will modify and expand on the current set of hairs that we have, because of the resources available to me I can make some cool variations.

That is a nice list of things that will make this an even more distinctive mod.  Good luck!  I am looking forward to it.

Cynfar said:
Awesome. Any idea when the Mod will be released?  :grin:

Thanks for the support guys!

I have no idea when this mod will be released, if I give a date I will end up stressing myself and other developers. Stress is the last thing I need in my life right now. :smile:

I can't believe this. I have wanted this mod to be alive so badly and now I've found it. Thank you kind fellows for bringing a little of the good old stone age back into the gaming spotlight. If you need any help doing research or making guesses on how things would have worked back in that historical period (due to lack of reliable sources) I would be ever so eager to help.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,67009.0.html

Seems like the active thread has become the old one since the original author's return. Not sure if he's alone or if he's working with Tyden.

Wendek said:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,67009.0.html

Seems like the active thread has become the old one since the original author's return. Not sure if he's alone or if he's working with Tyden.

Good point.  I was pondering the same thing.  At any rate, I am excited to see the mod is progressing.

Back
Top Bottom