Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrMundy said:
The guy was talking about killing him in battle though.

Are you sure? Why would he use the word "Execute" instead of simply kill? I know that this feature isn't 100% confirmed, until Lust or dev team says so, however I'm inclined to believe that this choice of words was't incidental.

MrMundy said:

Well, Lust said that you can execute the lord, than take his sword and kill his family, so I presume that you could kill his family on the battlefield. Unless you can perform executions personally with a weapon of choosing. Or just barge in the middle of a feast and kill them there...

creuzet said:
Well, Lust said that you can execute the lord, than take his sword and kill his family, so I presume that you could kill his family on the battlefield. Unless you can perform executions personally with a weapon of choosing. Or just barge in the middle of a feast and kill them there...

I hope we can repeat "Red wedding"  :twisted:

oh and hello

Well, uhh, I might be going bonkers, but did some of the pages just go back? i remember these comments being on page 2177 about 2 hours ago and now they're on page 2170. Thread cleanup or what?

creuzet said:
MrMundy said:

I would assume that he ment his Family, e.g. Sons, daughters and his wife.

MrMundy said:
creuzet said:
MrMundy said:

I would assume that he ment his Family, e.g. Sons, daughters and his wife.
funny how people can understand different things from 1 sentence. Makes you not wanna explain

For me, one of the most irritating features in Warband and its variants is the village raiding. I talk about the ability of the AI to loot your village, but RETREAT if it sees a danger. The same thing SHOULD be valid for the player, yet unfortunately this is not the case. It often happened that I see enemy forces miles away, but can do nothing instead of seeing them gather and attack me all-in.The player could never retreat if initialized village looting and this sucks. It suck from a gameplay perspective, it sucks from historical perspective, it sucks from logical perspective etc..

I'm pretty sure that there is no Warband mod which fix that issue, as I've spent a lot of time searching for such mod in vein.

I sincerely hope Bannerlord will fix this irritating issue, or at least make it optional if some people think this is related to the game difficulty.

There is one thing I also foud VERY anoying in Warband... is that the ennemy troup will mostly and only aim AT ME !! Even if I stay behind, there is still about 1/4 of the ennemy archers that will shoot at me. This for sure is not realistic.

Narlan said:
There is one thing I also found VERY annoying in Warband... is that the enemy troops will mostly and only aim AT ME !! Even if I stay behind, there is still about 1/4 of the enemy archers that will shoot at me. This for sure is not realistic.
If you engage your troops before you then this will not be an issue. I do not have this problem. Besides we can see in siege and in field battles that it is not a problem anymore. So you can take a deep breath I guess ^^

wildyracing said:
For me, one of the most irritating features in Warband and its variants is the village raiding. I talk about the ability of the AI to loot your village, but RETREAT if it sees a danger. The same thing SHOULD be valid for the player, yet unfortunately this is not the case. It often happened that I see enemy forces miles away, but can do nothing instead of seeing them gather and attack me all-in.The player could never retreat if initialized village looting and this sucks. It suck from a gameplay perspective, it sucks from historical perspective, it sucks from logical perspective etc..

I'm pretty sure that there is no Warband mod which fix that issue, as I've spent a lot of time searching for such mod in vein.

I sincerely hope Bannerlord will fix this irritating issue, or at least make it optional if some people think this is related to the game difficulty.
Punishment for your horrible ways :grin:

wildyracing said:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,148290.0.html

kraggrim said:
wildyracing said:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,148290.0.html
So Dope!

wildyracing said:

I dislike it too; I think it would be best if the AI had to suffer the same fate as the player rather than allowing the raider to escape immediately. It is realistic (the raiding party is dispersed around the village, some perhaps out of view or earshot of their commander) and prevents tiny AI raiding armies from evading large player armies coming to intercept them. This is a problem in Warband as lords who get beaten a lot still respawn with small armies of rubbish troops, and keep raiding villages. They flee as soon as you come into view, and return as soon as you give up the chase, meaning you either have to stand guard at the village or let it be raided while you go about other business. This particular issue should be solved anyway, because the AI lords in Bannerlord have to pay troop wages, and there will come a point when frequently defeated lords simply can't afford to raise more troops for a while, but still this raiding imbalance between player and AI should be fixed.

I just realised that this issue should be solved by another improvement in Bannerlord as well; we saw in a Gamescom 2015 video that villages have garrisons (even those without castles), so small raiding parties will not be unopposed even if lords of the village's faction are not around.

I've seen a lot of 0/1 (the one being the lord, himself wounded) parties raiding villages without a problem. There isn't even a number of base peasants calculated during raids and therefore we cannot even speak about resistance.

Concerning raiding villages, it looks like that will be quite different in general. If you look back at the "B-roll footage" from gamescom last year you could see a village without a castle or anything still has a "proper garrison" (putting it in quotes because.....well just look at what it's made of)
360991079c8e2d42f32b8c0b893eafbf.png

Anyhow, this would give the impression that even if you would have the upper hand there would still be something of a garrison to fight before you could raid said village. Or that a single lord wouldn't be able to raid a village. (Unless of course he has the same cheats as the character from the E3 video ;p)
Not to mention, they have talked quite a bit about the whole economics system and how it's been overhauled including villages and villagers and so forth, so one could imagine they expanded the options for raiding/harassing villages.

Edit: while looking at that picture, I wonder if they possibly made it so that if a village has a large horse farm, the garrison for that village will include some farmer like cavalry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom