Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we will be able to burn down our own villages and execute the peasants in it, just to be able to punish them if they refuse to pay their taxes again.
Ín Warband we are only able to hit them with sticks. If they dont pay their taxes in my feudal eutopia, then they have to pay with their lives.

Hopefully captured enemies will be rounded up and placed in a spot close to where the players baggage is kept during the battle, with the need for troops to be spared from your force to guard them. With the chance, if you gather too many prisoners for your set guards to manage, they may rise up and try to break free. Or you can pull an Agincourt and kill them if they pose too much of a threat.

mcwiggum said:
Hopefully captured enemies will be rounded up and placed in a spot close to where the players baggage is kept during the battle, with the need for troops to be spared from your force to guard them. With the chance, if you gather too many prisoners for your set guards to manage, they may rise up and try to break free. Or you can pull an Agincourt and kill them if they pose too much of a threat.

I would rather not pull an Agincourt, I dislike the idea of my Imperial Cavalry being butcherd by some Babarian Archer Company

There should be an option for in-scene looting. I'd love to trot through a village, watching as my troops torch the barbarians' huts and carry sacks of goods over their shoulders. Bonus points from me if the player is able to nab things himself and toss torches during raids.

I think, if a freelancer-type system is implemented/when its modded in, it would be absolutely top-notch if the player as a lowly trooper could make some coin by grabbing as much as he can while your commander loots the village.

TerrorFishki said:
Concerning raiding villages, it looks like that will be quite different in general. If you look back at the "B-roll footage" from gamescom last year you could see a village without a castle or anything still has a "proper garrison" (putting it in quotes because.....well just look at what it's made of)
360991079c8e2d42f32b8c0b893eafbf.png

Anyhow, this would give the impression that even if you would have the upper hand there would still be something of a garrison to fight before you could raid said village. Or that a single lord wouldn't be able to raid a village. (Unless of course he has the same cheats as the character from the E3 video ;p)
Not to mention, they have talked quite a bit about the whole economics system and how it's been overhauled including villages and villagers and so forth, so one could imagine they expanded the options for raiding/harassing villages.

Edit: while looking at that picture, I wonder if they possibly made it so that if a village has a large horse farm, the garrison for that village will include some farmer like cavalry.

At least we know that we won't have the same type of peasants in every village existing in Calradia. As for village cavalry, I imagine that you might meet a lot of them when raiding khuzait villages.

Foxbat said:
id like to send a spy first to know how many troops inside the village or castle/capital

If it works like warband just getting close to it will reveal the garrison numbers and composition (and i'm pretty sure it's just like that from the videos that we got already), although a spy system like brytenwalda have but improved (maybe using companions for example) would be a nice addition for bannerlord :grin:

vonbalt said:
Foxbat said:
id like to send a spy first to know how many troops inside the village or castle/capital

If it works like warband just getting close to it will reveal the garrison numbers and composition (and i'm pretty sure it's just like that from the videos that we got already), although a spy system like brytenwalda have but improved (maybe using companions for example) would be a nice addition for bannerlord :grin:

How many troops a lord can raise and has garrisoned is readily availabe knowledge that you wouldn't need to send someone on a special mission to figure out.

If you know Grainwad can raise about 80-90 men and Tibault can raise about fifty and that the Marshal leading them has about 100 men you can determine how large the force would be pretty easy. I would be fine not knowing the exact numbers and needing to send a spy for that.

vonbalt said:
Foxbat said:

They already explained how it works. You wont see the composition, just what unit kinds are in there and their numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom