[Werewolf] [Archive] In Cuba, I Lie. Day 6: The End. Innocents Win! Host: Locke

Users who are viewing this thread

Werewolf
In Cuba, I Lie

July 27th 1925

Just past midday, the game began.

Some had been trying to break free from their cells, others just sat back and waited. They talked to one another, though they couldn't see who they were talking to. The cells extended down one side of a corridor, each door, sealed shut, with a small rectangular window. Confined within were an odd assortment of people. Redcoat-Mic, the Mayor, and the most distinguished amongst them, took charge of the feeble gesture of establishing who they were and what rank they earned in the group by shouting through his window. He was accepted as the decision maker, for now, and they formulated many insubstantial plans for when they broke free. They could come up with no way of breaking free, however, even by the expertise of Arcc, one of the ships engineers.

It should have come as a relief when they heard the door to the cell corridor open and close. They all fell silent, and await a greeting, or something, but whoever it was did not speak. They didn't hear footsteps, but the new arrival had appeared outside the Mayor's cell. Redcoat-Mic was about to demand who the person was, but he stifled himself just before he spoke, as an unnatural chill crept down his spine. A bead of sweat grew plump on his temple. The thing that was outside his cell, whoever and whatever it was, stood just to the side of the cell window. Redcoat-Mic jumped with fright and stumbled backwards as his cell door clunked, and swung open, and into the door-frame stood Captain Locke. The smile he wore was more obvious now, as if in anticipation.

"Mayor," Locke said. "You've been getting yourself into trouble. But don't worry, I'm here to release you." And he added in a voice that shot down the corridor and into every cell as if he was stood beside every one of them, "All of you." And with that, each cell door opened, and the stunned occupants made their way out and to the Captain. Every face held fear and confusion. All wondered what had happened, and why it should be the Captain that came to free them.
"Good, you're all here", he said, and to every person it appeared that he was only looking at them; a point which they argued later. "Now follow me... I'd forgotten all about your motivation in the fun of last night." He said, as he turned and walked towards the door. They followed like sheep, their legs moving without prompt. "Now I will have to improvise. I'm sure it will be enough to ensure you do what I want." No one spoke, to him or to each other. They simply followed like children to the Piper, as he lead them through several empty corridors, and into a large open room, devoid of any kind of furniture or decoration. A chandelier was the only source of light, but it was bright enough.
"This will do," he said, and drew a pipe from his top pocket. "Lights!" He shouted in a stage voice, and the chandelier bulbs went out. In the instant that the lights dimmed to an orange, and then to nothing, they saw the Captain put the pipe to his lips.

A long, high whistle emanated from where the Captain had been, and reverberated at them with a deafening intensity. Each time the sound rebounded from the walls it's power grew, and terror filled their hearts. Someone began coughing, which  turned into a rasping bark, and someone else wailed in pain; a wail that grew deeper and deeper and became more filled with torment. The barking turned to howling, and now everyone was shouting and screaming, so that it was hard to distinguish anything. The wailing turned into a roar, and the room shook as an enormous thing stamped it's feet, rattling the chandelier. A light appeared, in the form of wisps of light in the shape of people, which tore across the room in a mad frenzy. Through all this confusion, the whistle had kept it's note, but now it stopped, and suddenly the lights were on, and everyone was strewn about the room, eyes bulging with overpowering terror.

The Captain stood where he had stood before, popped the pipe back into his top pocket, and crossed his arms behind his back. All eyes fell on him, and he smirked in amusement.
"Now, I hope you will have noticed - and I shall be dumbfounded if you have not - that some among you are more than unusual..." At this everyone looked around at each other, with fear and suspicion ripe in their eyes and their body language. "I have brought them here, because quite frankly, I have grown tired of the usual maritime activities. I orchestrated something similar a very long time ago, and it eventually became a hobby of mine, but like all hobbies it grew stale, and I was rather worried I would exhaust my materials. So, I left it a few hundred years, and took up sailing." He chuckled, shaking his head, and carried on. "Now, to mark the end of my sailing days, and the renewal of that old hobby of mine, what better than to host a game on my last vessel?"

Those strewn across the floor had calmed down somewhat, and although wide eyed, their breathing had returned to normal, and for the first time, they felt they were able to speak. Vilhjalmr, dressed in a barman's waistcoat, was the one to speak.
"What..." He struggled, as if he hadn't spoken for years. "What h-hobby; what are you t-talking about?"
The Captain, having expected, even intended this question, considered Vilhjalmr before answering.
"It doesn't yet have a name, but for the most notorious of the beasts involved... My first was Vampire. I sealed ten Englsih men in Carriganass Castle in 1566, along with three irish vampires, " he smiled widely, "and then left them to it... Since that first I've developed it into something more than slaughter. I've called on forces of good as well as evil, and found the best sport lies in the close calls on which side will win. The monsters that you heard just now will take action at night, though they are virtually powerless in the daytime. Those innocent and good among you, must decide who those monsters were, and kill one off before every night, in the last moments of daytime, while you can. The game, is Werewolf. Now, I think that's enough for you to be going on with." He finished abruptly, and walked towards the door.

"Wait a minute!" Cried Tarrant. "You think we're going to just let you bugger off and enjoy the show?!"
Captain Locke turned back and said, calmly, "I'm afraid you don't have a choice," and carried on out of the room.
Tarrant seemed to steel himself for a moment, before running to the door. "Come back you bastard!" He ordered, Xardob and Bugman running along behind him.

The others stayed where they were, blank faced, occasionally looking at each other, to check they were indeed not alone and in a dream. A few minutes passed and the three who had chased after the Captain came back.
"He... He just walked through a wall and ... and vanished." Bugman explained.

They at first thought of what they could do to get out of it, but knew there was nothing. They must play his game, or die.

Rules
1. Each day, the innocents (indicated by blue names) attempt to eliminate villains (Indicated by all other colours)  from the game by reaching a majority vote, which will result in the execution of the player, or by other powers at your disposal. Only when all the villains have been killed will the innocents win the game.
2. The villains get the opportunity to attack during the night, and win the game when their numbers are equal to or greater than the rest of the players.
3. If villains choose the same target in the night, there is a chance that they will fight for the kill.
4. You may not edit or delete your posts, nor may you post PMs verbatim, though you are free to discuss the content of information learned (e.g. from dreams).
5. Only those who are explicitly given permission to PM each other about the game at certain times may do so. Nobody else may communicate with each other via PMs, on the forums, or by any other method external to the thread itself for that matter.
6. Abilities, unless stated otherwise, must be activated by PMing me, the narrator. At night, if you are capable of doing something but choose not to, please PM me anyway so the narration isn't delayed while I wait for you.
7. If you have been killed, or are about to by lynched, you must keep quiet.
8. You may not reveal the function of your role or any abilities you have - this will be punished by death. Role claims and revelations about other things are not prohibited, however, though bearing mind that the more you reveal, the more the villains know.
9. In this game I will enforce a policy of enforcing up to three vote counts each day if little progress is made. If a majority cannot be reached beforehand, the third vote count will be taken as the concluding vote count, and the person with the most votes from that vote count will be lynched.
10. Nights have been taking too long in recent games, so I'm going to place a limit to the number of days you have to send me your choices during the night. Once night begins, those with abilities must PM me with their choice within three days, or a random choice will be made for them, or if possible, no action taken at all.
11. Try to post at least once a day. Inactive players will be replaced or killed off. If you are going to be away for a short amount of time and can't help it, at least let me know before hand.
12. If you have any questions, PM me. I'd rather that than you make a mistake a get killed because of being unsure about something in the game.

Players
Nash Lynched by majority on Day 4. He was as Innocent.
Trooper Shot by Vilhjalmr on Day 2. He was the Cambion Abomination.
Oubliette Killed by a Werewolf on Night 2. He was the Dreamer.
Vilhjalmr Killed by the female Demon on Night 4. He was the Thief.
Tarrant Stabbed by Bugman on Day 6. He was an Innocent.
Lamjoe Lynched by majority on Day 3. He was a Werewolf.
LighthouseGuard > Arcc Killed by the female demon on Night 2. He was a Werewolf.
Arcc Killed by the male demon on Night 1. He was the Pure Soul.
Pjoo Killed by a werewolf on Night 3. He was an Innocent.
Tamuli > Hershey Lynched by majority on Day 5. He was a Werewolf.
Redcoat-Mic Killed by a werewolf on Night 4. He was the Mechanic.
Alex_Augmented > Bugman Survived. He was the Detective.
Bugman Killed by a Werewolf on Night 2. He was the Priest.
Xardob Lynched by majority on Day 2. He was the Incubus.
gamerwiz Lynched by majority on Day 1. He was the Oracle.
Hellbound > Bulle Survived. She was an Innocent.
Ativan Lynched by majority on Day 6. He was the Succubus.

Event Log

Day 1
The Beginning
Vote Count #1
The Rifle is Distributed
Vote Count #2
The Lynch

Night 1
Arcc is killed

Day 2
Dawn
Vote Count #1
Vote Count #2
The Galantamine is Distributed
Vote Count #3
Vote Count #4
Vilhjalmr Kills Trooper using the Rifle

Hersen replaces Tamuli

The Restraints are Distributed
Forced Vote Count #1
Forced Vote Count #2
Forced Vote Count #3
The Lynch

Arcc replaces LighthouseGuard

Night 2
Arcc, Oubliette and Bugman are killed

Day 3

Bugman replaces Alex_Augmented

The Protective Elixir is Distributed
Vote Count #1
Vote Count #2

Bulle replaces Hellbound

Vote Count #3
Vote Count #4
The Wolfsbane is Distributed
Forced Vote Count #1
Forced Vote Count #2
Forced Vote Count #3
The Lynch

Night 3
Pjoo is killed

Day 4
The Lynch

Night 4

Redcoat-Mic and Vilhjalmr are killed

Day 5
The Truth Serum is Distributed
Hershey's role is revealed by the Truth Serum
The Lynch

Night 5
None die

Day 6
Bugman kills Tarrant with the Knife
The Final Lynch and The End

Roles

Innocents:

You are an Innocent. You have no powers but those of persuasion.

You are the Mechanic.

Item: Tool Box

Fortify
You have the ability to fortify the cell of a player of your choice to give 50% protection for the night the ability is used. This ability can be used every night. You can use it on your own cell.

If useful material becomes available at any point in the game, your fortify ability is advanced to 100%. These materials are one use, so once you use them your fortify ability reverts back to 50%. However, you can instead use these materials to make a trap.

Trap
You can instead use these material to make a one use trap, only in your own cell. The trap has a 75% chance of killing mostly anyone that attempts to enter your cell at night.
You can save the raw materials for as long as you want but once used you revert back to your one, 50% fortify ability.
Note: The raw materials would only become available if the Cambion Abomination used its Rampage ability, or if the Mechanic survived 'til very late on in the game.

You are the Detective.

Item: Journal

Search
You can search one player's cell per day - in the day - for evidence, which will take the form of one page in your Journal.

Give Evidence
You can choose to give one page of your Journal (anonymously) to one persons cell at night.

Or you can (instead of giving out a page)

Leave Journal Out
You can leave all the evidence of your journal out for the next day, which will be found by a random player. Any pages that you have already given away at night will not be included, but the people you gave a page to have the option to add their page to the Journal.

The player to find the Journal has the option of destroying it, or showing it to the entire group. The Journal will not give you away. Once you get rid of the Journal you can then only search for evidence for yourself.

You know the criminal record of many of the group, and among them there is the Thief.

The Thief is Vilhjalmr. He does not know your identity.

You are the Thief.

You can steal an item from one player's cell per day (if they have an item that isn't worn).

OR

You can steal any item, worn or not, from one player's cell per night. This is much more risky, as you don't know what(villain/innocent) you're stealing from, or what defences the player may have. *pulls finger across neck*

You can only hold one stolen item at once.
Note: The idea was that the Thief would be a dumbed down Detective, being able to figure things out by the non-narrated items he managed to steal from certain players. He would also, pending information from the Detective or suspicions, be able to steal dangerous narrated items from possible villains and use them for the Innocents.

You are the Pure Soul.

You have lead a sinless life and have asked little of God. Should you call upon His aid, he will surely answer.

Abilities
Pray (2) - Can be used in day or night. Praying for a player will grant them 100% protection from harm unless they are lynched. The protection lasts for the day if you use it in the day, and for the night if you use it in the night. This ability can only be used twice.

You are the Priest.

Item: Cross - You wear the cross against your chest, held on a silver chain around your neck.

You know the true art of exorcism. The true exorcism can be used but once a lifetime, and leaves you frail and weak. You carry a cross, and may bless water to create Holy Water.

Abilities
Bless - Can bless one persons cell per night by painting a cross of holy water on the door. (50% protection from demons) You can only bless others, not yourself.
Exorcism - You can exorcise a demon from a player once in the game (day ability), though it makes you more vulnerable to attacks.

The Cross protects against all ill intentions (50%) and can be passed to someone else once per day.

You are the Oracle.

You felt drawn to the ship by God, but it turned out to have been the mysterious being, Captain Locke, that called you there. You are needed all the the same, to help the innocents to catch the villains.

You have three abilities.

Discover - you can discover one persons role per night
Send Dream - once you have discovered someone's identity, you can send the information to another player in the form of a dream at night. (cannot use Discover ability and send a Dream in the same night)
Reveal Dream - you can choose to reveal yourself as the Oracle to another player in the form of a dream at night. (Risky, you might choose to send your revelation to a villain and get yourself killed. Try to only send dreams to people you are sure are innocent.)
This was the most powerful Innocent role. I was pretty annoyed when it got lynched almost immediately.

You were the one gamerwiz spoke to. You are chosen as the Dreamer.

While to everyone else it appeared that gamerwiz closed his eyes, to you this did not happen at all. He looked you in the eyes when he spoke.

You have the power to dream. You have been granted the capability, but the expertise will be hard earned. Tonight your dream will be confused, and little can be gleaned from it. Indeed, if interpreted wrong, the holiest of saints could be incriminated.

Your dreams this night are wild and confused, full of howling wolves and bloody trails, and when you wake you hardly remember. You write down all you can remember, and by next night, hopefully you shall remember more.
Note: I made this role in compensation to the Oracles demise. It would become more powerful by the end, when the dreams would all but say "He is a wolf". I gave it to Oubliette, because I believed he would be one of the few to play the role usefully.

Villains

You are a Werewolf of the Werewolf Brothers.

You and your brother, LighthouseGuard/Lamjoe, are both werewolves, that came on the cruise in order to escape the suspicion from your neighbourhood, and start a new life in Sweden. You have been persecuted all your lives, and although you would prefer to live amongst humans, if you were to be found out you would be lynched. In order to realise your dream of living in a remote part of Sweden in peace, you must first kill off all opposition.

Abilities
100% kill if you both attack the same target.
75% kill if you both attack individually.
May PM each other at night.
As the game went on it became clear that I hadn't included enough villains, and so I decided that the brothers had taken the potion that turned them into werewolves along with them, should they ever find someone that could identify it, and create a cure. I made sure that the potion was drunk, not giving the victim any choice, by having Lamjoe create a new label for it that read, irresistibly, 'Protective Elixir'. I wasn't counting on the pure hearted Innocent - Hersen, wanting to use it on someone else, and so I told him that it was basically a lucky dip night protection that he alone had won.

You are the Incubus of the Family.

You are an Incubus, a male demon which lies upon sleeping women in order to have intercourse with them. By this you sap their life and fortify yourself. Occasionally when an Incubus impregnates a woman, a Cambion is born, half human, half demon, that neither breathes nor has a beating heart, but lives. You met a Succubus, the female variety of your kind, thirty years ago, and together you created an abomination. The Cambion that you raised was both parts demon, and no part human. Without it's human side, your Cambion, your son, grew monstrous and deformed, for Demon genes do not mix as human genes do. You and your Succubus wife taught it to control it's form, but it becomes wild in it's true form, and with a strength that was the by-product of a paradox of nature. You and your Succubus wife are loyal to one another, and have not sapped the life of a human being since your meeting.

Your Succubus wife is Ativan

Your offspring, the Cambion Abomination, is Trooper

Your abilities are:
Nightly Kill (100%)
Note: The Incubus was told that him and his partner, the Succubus, were loyal to each other. The Succubus is told that she is not loyal to him, and secretly sleeps with humans. This is the explanation of why the Incubus is still alive, for the life that the Succubus drains is transferred to him when they make love with one another. The catch to all this, is that if the Incubus should choose the same target as the Succubus, he would kill both Succubus, and target out of rage, and then go on another hunt, with a 50% chance at a third kill. This never happened.

You are the Succubus of the Family.

You are a Succubus, a female demon which lies upon sleeping men in order to have intercourse with them. By this you sap their life and fortify yourself. Occasionally, when a Succubus is impregnated by her victim, a Cambion is born, half human, half demon, that neither breathes nor has a beating heart, but lives. You met an Incubus, the male variety of your kind, thirty years ago, and together you created an abomination. The Cambion that you raised was both parts demon, and no part human. Without it's human side, your Cambion, your son, grew monstrous and deformed, for Demon genes do not mix as human genes do. You and your Incubus husband taught it to control itself, but it becomes wild in it's true form, and with a strength that was the by-product of a paradox of nature. You keep up the pretence of loyalty to your husband, but you thirst for the life force of men, and go out each night to commit your adultery. If he descovers you in the act of adultery, there is no telling what he will do.

Your Incubus husband is Xardob

Your offspring, the Cambion Abomination, is Trooper

Your abilities are:
Nightly kill (75%). Takes effect the night after use.
If used on same target twice in the entire game it switches to 100% chance of kill.
Note: The Succubus's role was improved in the game. For every player that died by her hand, she would gain the ability to rape one extra person per night. By the end, she had the ability to rape 4 players per night. At that time there were only 3 players to rape. If night had fallen, the Succubus would have won.

You are the Cambion Abomination of the Family.

You are an abomination, the result of the coupling of an Incubus and a Succubus. It is abhorrent that Incubi should couple, as they are only intended to sleep with humans. Usually, when an Incubi impregnates a human, or vice versa, a Cambion is born. The child neither breathes nor has a beating heart, but lives, and is cunning and cruel all its life. A Cambion is made of one part Demon, and one part Human. You, are both parts Demon, and because of this you are monstrously strong, though deformed, for Demonic genes do not mix like human ones, and your body has tried to become the strength of two. Your parents are the Incubus: Xardob, and the Succubus: Ativan. You and your family must not communicate with each other.

Abilities
Kill Player (75%)
Rampage (100% kill, but of a randomly selected player)

Either of these abilities can only be used at night.
Note: If the Cambion Abomination used the Rampage ability, it would chase it's randomly selected victim through the ship, and being too huge to navigate through the doorways and tight corridors efficiently, it would tear loose supports and the structure of the innards of the ship, creating raw materials for the Mechanic to make a trap with.

I have no energy for anagrams.  :neutral:

Just to you guys know, I'm going to be pretty busy this weekend (I'm writing a History essay tomorrow which I must finish tomorrow in order to leave me all of Sunday to finish a book for a European history discussion session on Monday). I'll still be here for the most part, but obviously my mind will be focused on other things.

Wow, I really shouldn't try to post the game when I'm wasted.

@Villy, I just copy and pasted Oubliette's rules, with a couple of small alterations. :razz:

And everyone else, it's not a riddle, and figuring it out won't help you one jot. Try figuring out who the bad guys are instead. I should note that Alex and Bugman are away for the weekend.

Since this brings back the hobby of captain Locke, it must also bring back the old tradition that, if Villy survives the first day, he must be a wolf. This obviously leads to Vote Villy.

Nice narration, Locke.

Locke said:
@Villy, I just copy and pasted Oubliette's rules, with a couple of small alterations. :razz:

I thought they sounded familiar. :razz: Anyway, the only real alteration in that specific rule to the one I used is having 'role claims' instead of just 'claims'... so what's the difference between a role claim and revealing the function of my role?

Also, GreenGuy is still in the narration.

Vote:Redcoat

Does anyone else imagine Redcoat as a fat sort of mayor you find in games like Pokemon, possibly with a monocle and top hat?

Reporting for duty. Haw haw!

You know the problem is people don't stop spamming until someone ****s up.

Well, it hasn't really worked in the last two games. When we've been sure players were baddie, due to some **** ups, they turned out to be noob innocents. Although I do know that it's really hard to gather some real suspicion on day 1.

Tamuli said:
Vote:Redcoat

Does anyone else imagine Redcoat as a fat sort of mayor you find in games like Pokemon, possibly with a monocle and top hat?

I was more thinking of sort of mayor in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, invulnerable and preparing to transform himself into deamon and such.
Don't let him eat bugs and it's fine.

Yeah, im here.

Back
Top Bottom