[Werewolf] [Archive] In Cuba, I Lie. Day 6: The End. Innocents Win! Host: Locke

Users who are viewing this thread

Holy crap, almost forgot about this thread... things are just moving too fast.

I've read someone get a lot of **** for guessing that there was an SK and the SK was an elephant in a mafia game related to the Second Punic War. That was far more epic than this, and he was pure townie too. But Villie's posting feels to me like scum doing the active lurking thing. To those who misunderstand this phrase - it means pretending to be active by posting a lot, but not actually saying a lot.

Trooper5445 said:
You want me to account for my vote?

I shared the opinion with many of you that Gamerwiz was a noob wolf. I figured if we eliminated him now we would be done with him, and that Tarrant would ***** out of using the gun or do something stupid (witness CA recently.) Obviously he was just generally a noob but also clearly the majority figured he was a wolf. Everybody makes mistakes.

When I got back in the night to re-read, I too felt that gamerwiz was being scummy. I would've voted him otherwise. But not when there was a gun we could have used, and which we could have lost for many many reasons... CA's behavior led us to his case, didn't it? I do not feel this reason suffices. vote: Trooper.

Trooper5445 said:
Besides who thought the rifle was going to be taken away? I assumed it would still be in play.
You remember how KoC's game had those day items and night items? At least you could ask (whether Tarrant lies or not in reply is another matter altogether).

Tarrantmw said:
If villains can steal items, then Locke giving me the weapon (and proclaiming it to the public) was a ****ty move.
Then again, why would a pro-town player steal the gun if they thought they could make it work the way they wanted it to just by posting to ask Tarrant to kill someone? As far as I know any day-killing item is property of the town. Plus, this sort of ability must be used in very limited ways, so if I were a pro-town thief I definitely won't waste it on that. I feel that it's some sort of villain trying to increase the number of people they can kill. And didn't Bugman have a role like that earlier?

Some spammy spam along the way, but I got here! Woot!

Day 2: Vote Count #1

Xardob: 2 (Oubliette, Alex_Augmented)
Vilhjalmr: 3 (Tarrant, Lamjoe, Redcoat-Mic)
Redcoat-Mic: 2 (Trooper, Vilhjalmr)
Trooper: 1 (LighthouseGuard)

Just a reminder. Remember to unvote before you vote. I know this hasn't actually been a problem yet, but I've come to realise that vote counts are easier to mess up than you would think.

Locke specifically stated it was distributed randomly so it could have been given to a villain.

Locke said:
The gun was distributed randomly. I distributed the item now because it's scheduled for today.

Ativan said:
Anyway, about the whole rifle thing: It was Xardob that suggested using the rifle on day 1 and even he didn't explicitly said that Tarrant could kill gamerwiz with the rifle and we could get another target to lynch. So after losing the rifle (which is a surprise to everyone except the thief, of course if he exists), it is pointless to blame someone for destroying the chance to kill 2 inviduals on day 1. A) Noone suspected that we could lose the rifle B) Noone explicitly suggested that we could act that way.

I'm actually surprised nobody else mentioned it, given that it was standard practice in the game I hosted whenever someone got hold of a weapon. The only reason it wasn't suggested was because there were only around four hours between Locke distributing the rifle and Trooper placing the final vote.

Xardob said:
No, I don't think I need to, as I share the same idea that Oub does. I mean, why would he think it a good plan, when it could be bad news to the good side? You said it yourself, we don't know that a good player stole the Rifle.
A good plan, not good news. The thief, if he exist, made a very good move to meet his own goals, especially if he's bad.
Not to mention if he was either Trooper or Mic, who placed votes after the rifle was distributed... but there are too many assumptions involved to make such a line of reasoning ultimately useful when it's so easy for villains to simply raise alternative hypotheses.

What makes Villy suspicious isn't the way he is posting, though it's more unhelpful than normal, it's the fact he wanted Tarrant to use the rifle on Gamer but didn't bother to unvote. This indicates at least a careless village.
Funny, I got the impression he wanted to lynch him (here)...

Oubliette said:
Funny, I got the impression he wanted to lynch him (here)...
I got the impression he wanted Tarrant to kill Gamer form that same post. It show it's at least badly worded, if not purposeful confusing. And you're right, assuming anything about the thief isn't safe, but we should still try, maybe we get it right and he spill it.

If the Thief is good and he spills it then we just have another dead special. There is a reason specials are supposed to operate in the dark. You know this and that seems exceptionally Wolfy.

Unvote
Vote: XARDOB

We are already working under the assumption the thief exist, you will also assume he's good? There are several questions to be answered before I accept the possibility of a good thief. What benefit would he be to the ship? Is there a specific reason he didn't trust Tarrant? Is he so important the wolves will get out of their way to kill him? Is the role interesting enough to exist at all? I'm sure I could find a few more. I don't think there is a thief, but since Villy mentioned some possibilities, I mentioned some too.

I highly doubt that there is an actual thief role. If one does exist though, I would assume that the role would not be pro-town. I cant think of how a "thief" would help the town much. Also the problem with a thief role is that in order to use the item you stole, you would have to reveal yourself. Doesnt make sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom