[Werewolf] Werewolf: Black Death - Daybreak Day 6 - Crypto-flagellants win!

Should I close the day with the votes that we had at the deadline (10PM), or leave it open for a few

• Be strict, rules are rules, they had their chance. Close it.

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Leave it open until midnight (two hours extra)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Leave it open until next morning when you wake up.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave it open and close it as soon as a majority is reached.

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I agree insofar with your room suggestion that I think it's better to somehow organize the spreading, than to wait shortly before the lynch and maybe have again the problem of too many people remaining in the Tavern. Besides that I don't have any idea who should be thrown with whom.

snoopy-91 said:
I agree insofar with your room suggestion that I think it's better to somehow organize the spreading, than to wait shortly before the lynch and maybe have again the problem of too many people remaining in the Tavern. Besides that I don't have any idea who should be thrown with whom.

In which case I'll give you the same advice I give Melter. If you get a better idea, speak up. Until then, following my idea is not the worst thing you can do, and we need people to move sooner, rather than later.

Whoopin post analysis. For the sake of brevity I’m cutting out any fluff and trying to keep it to a minimum. Whoopin posts a lot more than Moose, and a lot of it is very repetitive, so I’ll try to summarise briefly.

In-post: Okay, after I finished, I realised it’s not brief. Only bother reading my entire analysis if you actually care about identifying some of Whoopin’s wolf tells for the next time you play with him. Otherwise, skip to the TL:grin:R where I pick out the pertinent players he mentions (it’s a short list. Very short)

Votes me, no reason. I assume this is because I had literally just identified him as scum in our last game, and what remained of Team Crazy Panda killed him. In hindsight, I’m certain Whoopin had a hand in Soot’s death, for the very meta reason of in the last time I’d narrowed it down to being Soot or Whoopin who was the solo killer, and my gut, coupled with the suspicion of others (including Soot, who also had a strong gut feeling) pegged the solo villain as Whoopin. In this game, too, Soot said that he thought Whoopin was scum, so for me that’s a solid link right there.

The Wolf is dangerous as scum, and so is Llandy. Here he refers to meta-reasons for pointing a FoS at myself and Wolf. In the case of the latter, Whoopin refers to a previous game in which Wolf was scum and emerged victorious. In my case, Whoopin refers to the last game in which I confessed to being the Alpha Wolf/Panda Roleblocker and convinced the whole village to help me find and target what I believed was a solo converter, which then resulted in Whoopin’s death. This is a clear indication of him shifting suspicion to two other players, and it does actually make me feel more comfortable that he’s doing it to Wolf as well as to me. Same post, says he’ll accept the Watch majority since it’s a role which requires targetting and could be dangerous for a wolf to get the role as they could hunt innocent specials.

Next two posts, meta with me/Wolf, a couple of fluff posts after that. Reassures Velmu and votes himself for Watch. Hindsight = obvious attempt at buddying up with an innocent and attempt to get a wolf into the Watch role.

Next post claims WIFOM x3 for me, Moss playing coy, Xardob being deceptive, x3 and Wolf trying to be less suspicious (no quote-posts for him, though). Ends by lurker-voting Snoopy under the guise of not potentially “compromising” an innocent (hindsight, read: protecting an innocent from being killed by his pack) and says that he thinks a wolf is supporting his Watch wagon (note to self, look at who did this). I think both Twinkle and Snoopy accurately called this, in that Twinkle suspected Whoopin’s packmate(s) were supporting him for Watch, and Snoopy picked up on his dodgy lurker-voting of her.

Wolf’s contributions have made Whoopin think twice about Twinkle. Possibly buddying up to Wolf here? Next, he starts to question Twinkle in a way that was VERY reminiscent of his last game when he was scum, IMO.

Next post is where he starts to lose all credibility with me. He tries to point Twinkle at Xardob, makes disparaging posts @Twinkle’s “~Twinkle”s and claims Xardob has been “busted” as scum. I still think Xardob is dumb for saying that he thought what Whoopin was doing was “honest” since I’ve only played 2 games with Whoopin and have already identified that when he’s scum his first priority is to take out everyone who might possibly be a threat to him (Adaham, ejnomad and Xardob in Dwarfmining, and now in this game a kill on Soot and an attempted lynch on Xardob/ejnomad/me) so again, with hindsight, Xardob should probably have known better. At the end of this post, Whoopin votes Xardob.

Blah blah blah Twinkle/Xardob etc click it and read because I’m too lazy to try and make sense of what he’s saying here. More on the Xardob stuff and a post @Nipple about why he’s totes not scum because he’s playing different to last game in which he was a solo killer. (BTW, Orj, I can’t believe you fell for that too). After that, Whoopin is seriously disappointed in Soot disregarding all his “hard work”… presumably right before his pack killed him to death. So yeah.

Speculation about this game because of HEY, TWILIGHT ZONE II! After that, Soot is clearly biased. Yes, clearly.

Now, here’s something a little more interesting. A post @ejnomad’s claim that if Wolf keeps speculating about mechanics he should be lynched with all haste. To me this looks like a real packmate defence, whilst trying to put some suspicion on ejnomad, all the while appearing to make it look “joking” with those smileys. Also think I agree with ejnomad too easily.

Next, admits that he gets away with his play because it’s just “Whoopin being Whoopin” and since technically Orj fell for this it’s technically a valid thing, but anyone who falls for it in the future is a moron (no offence, Orj!).

Then, Whoopin is on Eternal’s case!. I wonder what became of that. Nothing? Yeah, nothing. It’s a short post, so just click and read. After that he helpfully provides a post of pending replies for Eternal to answer. Then asks Twinkle about his thoughts on Eternal and provides pending replies.

Some stuff about AW and his knife which I replied to after that post and am too lazy to summarise again, so read if you actually give a damn. Then, Whoopin disagrees with Eternal encouraging people to move and says that everyone has a reason for being in their rooms, specifically stating that he himself won’t move out of the Tavern unless forced to by people not moving out. Make a note of this, it’s important later.

Same post, Whoopin is TOTES on the same page as Eternal because they both called out ejnomad for “knowing” wolf mechanics and me for agreeing with him. They are like TOTES BFFs now ^__^ Later in the post, unLurkervotes Snoopy and says he hopes the Healer is already in there with here. Thinks I’m suspicious for speculating. No surprise there, Moose thought I was suspicious too, so it seems to be a thing that wolves find people suspicious for.

Claims I’m the thief and immediately votes me for claiming he’s role-fishing with his “I hope the Healer is already in there” comment. This marks the place where he switches his focus on lynching Xardob to lynching me. Says his ego-guesses are never straight-up guesses which he pulls out of his ass and YOU GUYS WHO THOUGHT HE WAS INNOCENT SHOULD DEFINITELY REMEMBER THIS FOR THE NEXT TIME YOU PLAY WITH HIM. Votes me, more waffling, etc.

Here’s an LoS of sorts in which Xardob, me, ejnomad and Moss are red and the blue players are: Locke, Eternal, Leprechaun, Phonemelter, Shatari, SootShade, Twinkle, Velpulus. Of those, we know that Soot and Velmu were indeed innocent, and we think Locke is too. If we rule out Twinkle because of nomad’s observations, this leaves Eternal, Leprechaun and Melter. The overlap here with Moose is that they both agree on Eternal and Melter being innocent, whilst Moose listed Lep as red, and Whoopin listed him as blue.

I’m still the thief and holy crap am I not looking forward to attempting to summarise the next 10 posts of his. But here goes. Llandy is the best bet for a lynch today and totally locked herself out of her own room, also I might be packmates with Moss. Same post, Whoopin doesn’t like the idea of AW giving the knife to someone else.

Introduces a Wiki entry on the Black Death to counter one of Lep’s claims. Same post, claims he isn’t threatened by anyone but Adaham yet @Melter admits that I’ve never been lynched even when role-claiming a wolf. I think Melter had the right of it here, in that he saw me a threat. More ego crap, yada yada. More meta about his own game. Again states Moss, me, nomad and Xardob as wolves. Then I’m creating a smokescreen. Still thinks I’m the thief. Post @Melter that is literally painful to read knowing Whoopin’s actual alignment, some crap about “anti-suspicion” and “anti-tunnelvision” which amounts to trying to get Melter to lynch me. Smokescreen vs Framing bull**** amongst some other stuff, I’m totally a key-stealer and possibly a converter, in a badly quoted post claims that I tried to discredit his maths and disparages my contributions (note to self, add Whoopin to The List with Moss), more of HERE’S HOW IT WORKED IN MY GAME! designed to mislead players, along with why he thought Snoopy was contagious. At this point, with hindsight, I don’t think Snoopy is a packmate with Whoopin. There’s just too much here telling me otherwise.

Fairly detailed case against me and hey, looks like I was right about Whoopin being a liar. End of the post, a “sorry if you guys don’t think my wolf-hunting is up to par” pity-farming post that echoes a very similar post he made @Adaham in Dwarfcraft right before killing him.

Smokescreen vs Frame again, using logic so feeble it falls over and nobody even attempts to question it further. Ongoing lies and fallacy about me click to read because I am seriously bored right now, HEY MY THOUGHTS ON LLANDY TOTALLY WEREN’T INFLUENCED BY MOSS, BECAUSE REMEMBER, I ALREADY SAID I DIDN’T REMEMBER WHAT MOSS SAID ABOUT LLANDY BEFORE I MADE MY CASE ON HER and I KNOW that I am making this longer and more personal than it needs to be but WTSF people, you still thought he was innocent at this point????? Please note this for FUTURE GAMES. I am trying to HELP YOU here.

Places Velmu as “grey” ie, can’t get a good enough read on him to call his alignment. We know now that Velmu was innocent, so make of that what you will.

Some more reasons why Xardob, Llandy and ejnomad are suspicious. Hilarious EMOTIONAL BLACKMAIL which potentially contributed to saving him from being knife-stabbed by AW. Again, please not for future reference, players who engage in emotional blackmail are probably scum. I did it in Mengelberg and Whoopin did it here. REMEMBER THIS.

My post makes Whoopin cringe and it sure would be really nice, by golly, to know my alignment! I suspect he was pissed that nobody was taking his case on me seriously. Now, Whoopin would stab me right away if he had the knife. Pity AW didn’t give it to him, because that would have 1) saved Velmu who had a role, 2) shown everybody that Whoopin was scum, 3) saved me having to review this crap all over again. Same post, me, ejnomad and Xardob are totes wolves and he’d lynch/knife us in that order. Seriously. So bored. 95% of what he talks about is me, ejnomad and Xardob. If I didn’t know that Xardob was innocent, and I am innocent, and ejnomad is very likely innocent, I’d probably suspect one of us of being his packmate by this point. What kept me from believing it yesterday is recalling how Whoopin eliminated his greatest threats in Dwarfcraft.

Why we should lynch Llandy. Lurker votes Velmu. Possibly suspected Velmu of having a special role? Wants AW to threaten me or ejnomad with the knife. Asks Melter (and also here) about his thoughts on me. Also tried this with Soot and Lep. Didn’t get anywhere with them, either.

Considers me suspcious for voting Moss instead of him. Thinks that me saying “Go ahead and stab me” is a Wolfy WIFOM. Very ironic. Explains the emotional blackmail was just him stating his mind. And some of you FELL FOR IT. Still wants to stab me, then some back and forth with Melter about unimportant stuff, I haven’t yet convinced Whoopin he’s making a mistake lynching me.

Sets the record straight on his stance on Velmu (hindsight, this is a cover), Watch-votes Melter — NOTE: this is one of the unncessary votes after the 4th, and I believe an attempt to try and win trust. Lurker votes Lamb. Misrepresents my top 3 suspects. Blah blah blah @me/ejnomad, nothing you haven’t read before, and Whoopin is glad AW didn’t keep the knife until Day 2. No ****, he stabbed an innocent.

Hey, here are our top 4 suspects for a Day 1 Lynch and Twinkle would be his second choice over Locke/Wolf despite thinking that Twinkle is innocent?? Hindsight, potential protecting a packmate (Wolf) by using the votes of others to justify his switch. I should’ve picked up on this before now. Oh no, it looks like the Top 4 aren’t really a Top 4. I think Melter called this on a self-aware wolf realising he made a mistake and retracting it quickly.

Analyses Moss and labels him red, then follows me into the Guardhouse. Questions why I move when he follows me, and as Lep so accurately points out, it was because I thought he was scum. Gets amusingly pissy when Lamb appears to vote him and says he’s willing to vote me or Nomad, but is waiting for ej’s case on Moss (Freudian slip here?? We were waiting for ej’s case on Moose at this point).

Lep and Lamb are big bullies and have tunnel-vision for voting Whoopin; hypocrisy at its finest. Oh wait I was wrong about Lep but Lamb is still a bully. Hey guys, I totally changed my mind about the Top 4 for genuine reasons and not because I’m a self-aware wolf LOL. Soot got this right in his LoS; I don’t think Whoopin knows how to play a wolf properly. He does however, in the same post, provide a VALUABLE SERVICE in finding innocents and “confidently” keeps Lep in this category.

I question Xardob’s lynch targets/contributions and get a good post Llandy back-pat. Votes ejnomad when nomad claims he’s putting his case together on Moose, in hindsight a clear packmate defence. Oh wow, ejnomad is top of his lynch list!. Now he votes Moose just to “vilify” that tactic of post dissection (presumably the tactic of being EFFECTIVE does not sit well with wolves), and look at how easy players joined the wagon! And he still manages to cast aspersions on the first players on the wagon (presumably ejnomad, Xardob and me).

Huh, it’s suddenly a good idea for everyone to spread out despite him disagreeing with Eternal’s advice about this earlier. Kooky! First real post of Day 2, now it’s Xardob who’s back in the line of fire. He had to drop ejnomad, who started the lynch on Moose, and couldn’t convince enough people to lynch me especially since I was suspicious of Moose for a while and “sealed” the lynch with a third vote. But Xardob’s vote came with no real suspicion and could be twisted into potentially hoping a bandwagon might not take off.

Whoopin was torn on the Moose vote. Yeah, I’ll bet. Hey everyone, please ask me some questions to help me out here. Points out that Twinkle ignores Shatari, seems to be pushing attention onto Twinkle now that he’s lost ejnomad and me as innocents to lynch. Questions me then questions Xardob, thinks Lamb is being sarcastic about Xardob being innocentGood boy Melter, you found me some specials, and by the way here’s some more stuff about my own game”, Lamb is weird, Xardob is a victim of backfire, ”yay questions” with more HEY MY GAME style responses (I didn’t realise he stuck this many of those in his posts, geez), and I’m still suspicious so all is right in the world.

TL:grin:R?

90% of Whoopin’s posts are about how me, ejnomad and Xardob are totes evil wolves, and how we know about game mechanics and lock rooms and eat little girls visiting their grannies, etc. If I didn’t know (or strongly suspect) better at this stage, I’d be sure one of us was his packmate. Since I know the alignment of Deaddob and me, this would have to be ejnomad, however I’m struggling to believe in nomad and Whoopin being packmates with Moose, and also I believe ejnomad is innocent. If you want to be UBER skeptical (Oh hi, Orj!) you could go with me being Whoopin’s packmate, but it ain’t so. I think this was a serious case of Whoopin attempting to lynch the 3 biggest threats to his survival, JUST like he did in Dwarfcraft (and here’s where I say “I told you so” to the doubters).

Some other things he mentions:

- Velmu. He labels him grey not long before he’s stabbed then justifies doing so after the stabbing. He knew Velmu was innocent.
- Moss. He thinks Moss is red because he’s scummy/not hunting and because he can’t place Moss in blue.
- Lep. He places Lep as blue, confidently.
- Eternal. At first doesn’t like Eternal’s faux-hunt on Xardob, later finds things he agrees with and labels him blue.
- Twinkle. He labels Twinkle blue but then says he’d prefer to lynch Twinkle over Locke or Wolf (whom he had also labelled blue).
- Snoopy. He thinks she is infectious, then thinks she should be cured, and does some serious role-fishing over it, immediately OMGUS-ing me and bumping me to the top of his suspect list when I call him out on it.
- Lamb. He thinks Lamb is red because Lamb voted for him. He “misses” that Lamb previously said that he would vote for Whoopin.
- Soot and Melter were innocent but totally biased against him and tunnel-visioned on his anti-suspicions.
- Whoopin himself. Sulks over the fact that nobody takes his cases seriously and his victims are ‘pseudo-protected’ by his suspicion. Not actually noteworthy, just rather amusing with hindsight.

Unfortunately, everyone Whoopin does not label confirmed blue or red, he labels grey. He also doesn’t really talk about anybody in great detail, except perhaps using them as stepping-stones to get to more “serious” cases, like asking how Twinkle considered Xardob and attempting to get Twinkle to see his case, and ditto for Lep, Soot and Melter regarding his case on me.

Very little actual information to go off, as the majority of his posts involve making up wild accusations and sulking when nobody agrees with his wild accusations.

The people who votes Whoopin for Watch were AW, Eternal, Leprechaun, Velmu The Wolf, and Whoopin himself. Given what we know about Velmu and Whoopin (innocent/scum respective) and how I feel about AW and Lep (likely innocents) this leaves me with Eternal and Wolf. Cross-referenced with Moose’s potential packmate “hiding”, Lep is added back in to the mix but I’m tempted to believe Whoopin’s labelling him blue was an attempt at buddying up to an innocent (like he did with me in Dwarfcraft)

So, it comes back down to Eternal/Wolf. Whoopin hardly mentions Shatari at all, so I’m unsure about including MaHuD here as there’s little to cross-reference. Snoopy, again, remains ‘outside’ but given how he tried to kill her off by sticking her in the pillory, I don’t think Snoopy is in Whoopin’s pack.

Also, I mentioned this paragraph in the spoiler but forgot to add a bit to the summary about the "blue" players Whoopin labels, since they were mostly just given a blue rating with no justification:

Here’s an LoS of sorts in which Xardob, me, ejnomad and Moss are red and the blue players are: Locke, Eternal, Leprechaun, Phonemelter, Shatari, SootShade, Twinkle, Velpulus. Of those, we know that Soot and Velmu were indeed innocent, and we think Locke is too. If we rule out Twinkle because of nomad’s observations, this leaves Eternal, Leprechaun and Melter. The overlap here with Moose is that they both agree on Eternal and Melter being innocent, whilst Moose listed Lep as red, and Whoopin listed him as blue.

Three things:

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
WTSF people, you still thought he was innocent at this point?????
Nope :razz:

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
The people who votes Whoopin for Watch were AW, Eternal, Leprechaun, Velmu The Wolf, and Whoopin himself.
Only until he went properly bananas and I tried to lynch the ****er :razz:

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
We shouldn't rule out Twinkle because of ejnomad's observations - all he saw was a player being inactive. That's just as easily explained by another pack member performing a shared night action as it is by him being innocent.

I know this is a small post but a) I'm ginned up again b) I don't want Whoopin's blatant but ****tily-executed 'make Lep look like a wolfy wolf if I get caught' tactic taking hold because I like my neck aligned just the way it is, and c) where the piss is Eternal? I want him to reappear so we can all have a little natter about his colossal wolf-tell-come-innocent-****up from yesterday. Until he reappears, I don't have much new to go on. We've got two obvious wolves, lost two unconnected innocents to the wolves and two weirdly-behaved suspicious innocents to lynches/stabs.

More posts, you lurkers!

Lurker: Eternal

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
- Twinkle. He labels Twinkle blue but then says he’d prefer to lynch Twinkle over Locke or Wolf (whom he had also labelled blue).
I could see Whoopin placing a packmate in this position.

- Snoopy. He thinks she is infectious, then thinks she should be cured, and does some serious role-fishing over it, immediately OMGUS-ing me and bumping me to the top of his suspect list when I call him out on it.

Snoopy, again, remains ‘outside’ but given how he tried to kill her off by sticking her in the pillory, I don’t think Snoopy is in Whoopin’s pack.
I don't know if we should be so quick to discount Snoopy as Whoopin's packmate. He did change his opinion awfully fast about her.

Leprechaun said:
where the piss is Eternal?
Hiding from the fallback of his colossal **** up. At this point, I think I'd prefer to outright kill him.

AWdeV, do you have any extra knives lying around?

We've got two obvious wolves, lost two unconnected innocents to the wolves and two one weirdly-behaved suspicious innocents to lynches/stabs.
Fixed for you. And you obviously forgot we lost the greatest asset the village had because a wolf panicked and used his special ability.

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
Thoughts?
You forgot a small detail. What happens when one of those rooms is locked? I think it's pointless to make any plans before our thief steals today's key. Otherwise, you're just giving the thief a chance to screw with our plans however they want.

@Llandy:

I appreciate your attempt at damage control, but with unknown mechanics for kills, I question the effectiveness of the method. My alternative is to just let nature take its course because whenever someone suggests controlling where people stay, it reminds me of Mag doing it as a bad guy in the previous room-based game. I don't think you are a wolf, but when people start to control things, it can work against the village even if that isn't the intent. In the end it might not matter since we'd be getting information either way, but there are too many people still alive to have the plan work flawlessly. As I said, I'd rather let people choose where they think their abilities (or lack thereof) would be put to best use.

I have a question for you: Do you now want to use the pillory for "damage control" as well?

Also, while Whoopin hardly mentioned ShAuD, do you not think he did as much in order to have less of a connection to him in case things went wrong?

@Lep:

Good point about Twinkie - who do you think would be good for watch then?

Xardob said:
Pharaoh X Llandy said:
Thoughts?
You forgot a small detail. What happens when one of those rooms is locked? I think it's pointless to make any plans before our thief steals today's key. Otherwise, you're just giving the thief a chance to screw with our plans however they want.

I did not forget that detail, given how it was used to potentially frame me on Day 1, nor did I forget that Adaham has already pre-planned destroyed one room and may very well do so again today, potentially leaving us THREE rooms down because the Guardhouse is still infected. But I still would have liked people to have given me their opinions on my suggestion for the same reason Soot wanted some fast votes after Velmu's stabbing -- for information. To know what people thought of my suggestion and then have a frame of reference for judging their responses if and when we lose more rooms today, either due to scum interference or host mechanics.

At the very least my suggestion may have prompted people into starting to move out of the default room, instead they're sitting around twiddling their thumbs instead of getting a move on. AGAIN.

Phonemelter said:
As I said, I'd rather let people choose where they think their abilities (or lack thereof) would be put to best use.

Then put me on Watch.

I have a question for you: Do you now want to use the pillory for "damage control" as well?

No. The Pillory is for lurkers. Now that Velmu has been replaced by somebody who posts, and Seff will be dead by nightfall, there aren't any real lurkers left except except MaHuD, Wolf and Eternal, and I agree with Xardob that Eternal should be shown no mercy today. So if Wolf/MaHuD lurk again, I have no qualms with lurker-voting one of them. If they actually contribute today, then I won't lurker-vote them. Simple as that. Why do you think my principles about how I use the lurker vote would change just because I contracted plague?

Also, while Whoopin hardly mentioned ShAuD, do you not think he did as much in order to have less of a connection to him in case things went wrong?

Very possible, yes. You never gave me your thoughts on my stuff about Shatari. In fact, I think only Xardob and Moss really commented on it, and I'd be interested to know if @Moss did in fact go back through Shatari's posts as he suggested he would. But what do you think about my post? http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,320203.msg7639487.html#msg7639487

I asked for opinions and didn't really get any. I swear I have to beat opinions out of people in this game.

Phonemelter said:
Or we can nominate "room captains" and let them choose who they want with them, gym class style.  :razz:

Are you kidding? That's an even worse idea than mine. Even if you manage to avoid "captaining" a wolf, we still have the threat of a converter, plus how is that a natural progression or allow people to move around to best suit their abilities?

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
Then put me on Watch.

I wouldn't be against it, but do you think that is the best option considering it might reduce your chances of getting healed? If you are not cured tonight, and if people cannot be cured during the day, then wouldn't that mean you'd die?

Why do you think my principles about how I use the lurker vote would change just because I contracted plague?

Not because you've been plagued, but because you want to do damage control - didn't know if that meant you wanted to throw in whoever doesn't get lynched.

Are you kidding? That's an even worse idea than mine. Even if you manage to avoid "captaining" a wolf, we still have the threat of a converter, plus how is that a natural progression or allow people to move around to best suit their abilities?

If you couldn't tell, the  :razz: was indicating a joke.

Phonemelter said:

If you couldn't tell, the  :razz: was indicating a joke.
She's sick and cranky. I'm guessing the plague isn't very compatible with good humor.

Pharaoh X Llandy said:

Very possible, yes. You never gave me your thoughts on my stuff about Shatari. In fact, I think only Xardob and Moss really commented on it, and I'd be interested to know if @Moss did in fact go back through Shatari's posts as he suggested he would. But what do you think about my post? http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,320203.msg7639487.html#msg7639487

I asked for opinions and didn't really get any. I swear I have to beat opinions out of people in this game.
Yep, I did. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Shatari said:
Also, I suppose I should undo my joke vote. (I tend to avoid moving my vote until I've got a suitable person to vote on. I didn't vote on Llandy, because I wasn't convinced that Llandy was a wolf and I wanted to probe her before I committed. I'll get around to putting a real vote down as soon as I've had time to do some proper wolf hunting (I've only skimmed since my most last serious reply), but my current two suspects are Wolf (for special hunting) and Moss (for his no-lynch).)
Unvote Lynch.
Current two suspects are Wolf and Me. Fair enough.

Shatari said:
Lynch Vote: Moss
Moss was my primary suspect back when I still had time to play, and I don't feel his wolfy nature has improved any with time. If we're not heading towards a solid lynch by tomorrow then I'll check in and switch my vote over to someone the majority going for. Unfortunately, my grandfather passed away this afternoon and I've got to help plan the wake, the funeral, and run the farm while my father is mourning. I'm afraid I just don't have time to do anything more than bandwagon right now.
And the next thing The Wolf has mysteriously disappeared as a suspect.

But then lo and behold The Wolf reappears as a suspect:
Shatari said:
I may not get a chance to do this again later, so:
Unvote
Vote: The Wolf

I feel we'd gain more information by lynching Twinkle since he's more active, but Wolf was doing a lot of special hunting and engaging in extremely odd behavior the whole time he was here. I don't have a read on Twinkle one way or the other, but Wolf seemed furry to me.
All of one minute after AWdeV casts his vote making The Wolf the current leading lynch candidate.

I still feel a little like his listing me as a suspect in the first post seems to be out of a desire to have someone to say he's suspicious about other than you (I mean with all my dumb Day 1 crap I'd done at that point the No Lynch discussion seems to be pretty low on the list, I feel like he'd have given a better reason if he was legitimately suspicious of me). So, all up, possible fake suspicion of a packie (The Wolf), followed by backing off and then a final jumping on as it seems like his packie will get lynched whilst he's away from the game and it'll buy him innocence points?

But just as easily someone who's barely participating in the game (for entirely understandable reasons) but still throwing out votes out of a feeling that he should be trying to at least participate a little.

The main thing I find suspicious, that he didn't seem to be trying to hunt, can be pretty easily explained away by the death in the family. And so far I haven't been able to get any kind of read on MaHuD.

Twinkle said:
@Moss
Why Twinkle over the 'prime suspect' players? Why not The Wolf, Shatari/MaHuD, or the guy who just force rushed a lynch, Eternal? Maybe because his trusted position as a defacto-innocent meant he could throw a free pass to his packie?
I find this odd. Why did Phone go for Locke over me on day 1, or another 'prime suspect'? Because the 'prime suspects' have more of a reason to lay low, where as middle-ish-leaning-towards-suspicious-for-most-people isn't as likely to. I would also like to point out that (and I know a lot of you disagree with this theory) no one in any room I have stayed in thus far has suffered any from any effect. Yes, that can be said for multiple people, but still, it's worth considering.
Phone doesn't have to justify his choice because he didn't try to use it to confirm someone as innocent and he'd openly stated his suspicion of Locke the previous day. Ej does, because he rather blatantly tried to use it to paint you as an innocent and because his only listing of you as suspicious on day 2 that I can is this:
ejnomad said:
Shatari, Seff, and Velpulus shared a room with Sootshade and did not vote for Moose. Those are the connections I am starting with then moving on to Locke, Moss, Eternal, and Twinkle.

My gut still says Eternal is bad, but I don't want tunnel vision and if I nailed two wolves on day 1 I'll be forced to usurp Whoopin's crown.
Where you're just a tail note on a long list of people he apparently finds more suspicious.

The potential for suspects to 'lay low' is a perfectly good argument, which happens to be why I'm suspicious of you and Ej, because Ej conveniently forgot that possibility when he made his post claiming your total innocence.

Twinkle said:
Points out Twinkle as a person of suspicion, but rather weakly, but then goes on to say it could be a bunch of other people as well.
Sounds to me like he's put me as one of the top three, or is that just the way I'm reading it? Twinkle, Whoopin, or Vel, am I right?
Nope, those are just the names he singles out, list also includes Lost Lamb and AwDeV.

Twinkle said:
Avoids the question.
Granted, he does avoid the question, but the Moose wagon was his idea, and he seemed pretty confident in the Moose wagon from the beginning.
Which is still avoiding commenting on whether or not he finds you suspicious enough for a lynch.

Sure would be nice if Eternal showed up and talked about that whole 'rushing the lynch thing'.

Lurker: Eternal

Would also be nice to hear Ejnomad's thoughts on my accusation against him and Twinkle. Seems like when someone accuses you of being scum you should at least respond to it.

Would especially like to discuss the bit where he tried to not so subtly pass off 'Twinkle took no night actions' as 'TWINKLE IS TOTALLY AND UNDENIABLY INNOCENT YOU GUYS'.

Vote: Ejnomad

As for Llandy for Watch, I'd give that a big hell no. Same reason I'm not convinced that sticking people in defined rooms is a good idea. At least two of the innocent specials we know of needed to be in specific rooms for their abilities to work (Herbal Woman and Priest), if we stick Llandy on watch or force everyone to stay in specific rooms then if there is a 'healer' innocent role (which I'm pretty sure they have to be) it means we'll almost certainly lose Llandy and we might lose any innocent night abilities we have left.

Phonemelter said:
If you are not cured tonight, and if people cannot be cured during the day, then wouldn't that mean you'd die?

Yes. Yes it would. I wanna go hang with the dead peeps, I hear they got a sweet crib and loads of booze :sad:

Moss said:
As for Llandy for Watch, I'd give that a big hell no. Same reason I'm not convinced that sticking people in defined rooms is a good idea. At least two of the innocent specials we know of needed to be in specific rooms for their abilities to work (Herbal Woman and Priest), if we stick Llandy on watch or force everyone to stay in specific rooms then if there is a 'healer' innocent role (which I'm pretty sure they have to be) it means we'll almost certainly lose Llandy and we might lose any innocent night abilities we have left.

Technically, the Herbal Woman only needed to spend a night in the Grocer to gather more herbs to power their abilities; from the description, it didn't matter which room he used them in.

Here's why you should put me on Watch. I think Seff and I were infected to force a Healer to expose themselves. Seff because he was kinda lurky but not really on the suspect list of many active players, and because a known wolf had just parked a vote on him, so it would be hard to pin down why anyone would want to infect him. And me because I'd dropped a whoooole lot in suspicion on Day 2, was actively hunting and because a lot of active players weren't going to lynch me. So whoever infected Seff dropped the ball, because too many people were suspicious of his sudden infection and he didn't get magically cured, as hoped. But I provide a much more sympathetic piece of bait because more people consider me innocent and I'm an active contributor to the game.

If you have a look at my thoughts about Seff, I state a couple of times that I've written him off as a casualty and I think he should be allowed to die quietly of plague. I'm not doing a 180 on that just because I'm infected now; I don't want a Healer to expose themselves because of me, and if I was infected for this reason then anybody I'm in a room with is at risk. This is one of the reasons why it would be a good idea to put me on Watch.

Or if you're still adamant that it's a bad idea, we need to get people moving, and fast. If I'm right about why I was infected, and wrong about how wolves kill, then we have to look at the fact that two people died in a room with Wolf and MaHuD, and now they're totally not moving anywhere so that rings very serious alarm bells for me. I also don't like that Eternal hasn't checked in, but I don't know why people bother Lurkering him, that's what he WANTS. It's why he's not checking in. He hopes we'll Lurker him instead of lynching him.

And since you raise a good point about ejnomad and Twinkle, don't you think it would be a good idea to try and get them to be in a room together? ejnomad couldn't have infected me and Seff because he was on Watch/pillory, but if Twinkle is his packmate isn't it possible that Twinkle did it? In which case it also becomes important that they both move out of the room I'm in. Simply put, the number of players I trust completely is very small, and the lack of movement after my infection is rather disturbing. I'd rather take myself out of the equation entirely by being on Watch where I can't be used by the scum to expose a Healer and where I can still contribute to hunting scum whilst I'm still alive. Someone infected me with plague? Fine. Let that play out. Don't give the scum what they want by risking more innocents.

Suddenly the earth shook again and the villagers were panicking again. "An afterquake", shouted the perceptive as ever Lord von Hamm.

When the dust had settled they surveyed the scene, only to find the mansion had collapsed - just like the grocer the day before.

Even worse, it appeared somebody had used the chaos to do a dirty deed.

Moss has been stabbed by a knife.

"That's the first knife I've ever seen used twice", said Lord von Hamm, when suddenly he noticed something peculiar.

"Wait a second, that's another knife!"

The group decided to let that information sink in by discussing more.

The mansion has collapsed.

Moss has been stabbed. He was

Pure soul said:
You are the pure soul. You have a 50 % chance of evading an attack at night, 100 % when hiding in the church.

You win when all evil is eradicated from the village.

Sorry for the lack of votecounts so far, I hope to get one together today. Life's quite busy after vacation.

Back
Top Bottom