[Werewolf] Werewolf: Black Death - Daybreak Day 6 - Crypto-flagellants win!

Should I close the day with the votes that we had at the deadline (10PM), or leave it open for a few

• Be strict, rules are rules, they had their chance. Close it.

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Leave it open until midnight (two hours extra)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Leave it open until next morning when you wake up.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave it open and close it as soon as a majority is reached.

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
Phonemelter said:
What do you think about Twinkie's assumption that wolves can only attack those in the same room as them? Do you agree and think he is trying to pu suspicion onto the wrong people?

At first I thought that wolves would only be able to kill in the rooms they are in, hence my Weresistance theory. Then after some discussion, ejnomad described how this would make it too easy to identify wolves and give an unfair advantage to the villagers. So then I changed my mind and now think that wolves can kill in any room, but their unique abilities such as role-blocking might be confined to same-room inhabitants.

I don't know if Twinkle is trying to put suspicion onto the wrong people, or whether he genuinely ascribes to the "kill within rooms" theory.

Locke said:
But tying me to Whoopin, The Wolf and Moose doesn't fit in at all, if that's his view.

I don't see that pack setup working either.

Role-blocking eh? Thats a very specific ability to speculate on, which begs the question... did anyone get blocked over night?

Xardob said:
Pharaoh X Llandy said:
But do you actually have anything on Shatari? Anything at all? Because you're lumping him in with Velmu Mk I, whom you were wrong about, and I don't think I've seen a solid case from you all game.
I think I do. Hmm, do I? I don't remember. I must have, certainly, otherwise why would I be so sure, to the point I even told Adaham about it? ****, I must think some more about this. Meanwhile, vote him anyway. Or Twinkle, it doesn't really make much difference.

Im a confused villager, or a wolf kept on his toes - cause this reply has me 0xACED/0. Seriously why didnt you answer the question?

Reverend L. Lamb said:
Stupid Xardob being instrumental in getting the wagon rolling on Moose (2nd vote with no real indication that it's going to work) :/

That's quite an innocent thing to do.

Lynch:Eternal  Whoopin/The Wolf as seconds
Watch: Xardob

My sarcasm-radar is attached to my Epeen which I examine multiple times a day, I agree that Xardob is a victim of backfire.

Whoopin said:
Did anyone else notice this?

Yes, and I thought I'd commented on it. Turns out I just put it in my googledocs at work ready for posting, then never did. Here it is now.

@Twinkle

When discussing Wolf’s “stirring” with Locke in this post: 

You say:

My point is is that his excuse to "stirring the pot to see what happens" was so week and void (because he clearly wasn't just trying to see what happened; he totally thought he was on to something big), and the fact that, as I showed, just how week his points were that he claimed were "solid".

But the fact is, Wolf didn’t claim his points were solid. He said that his ‘stirring’ of me was based mostly on uneasiness about my desire to be Watch, and a gut feeling that my explanation seemed well thought-out. Wolf admitted that he didn’t actually have anything solid to go on, and implied that his stirring was an attempt to dislodge something more solid by questioning me.

Later on…

Re: "Who may have killed Soot?" -- already answered what I thought. Said Wolf or Xardob.

In this post:  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,320203.msg7621720.html#msg7621720

You state:

So we know Moose is a wolf, and now we've got Soot dead, Seff infected, and Snoop cured. Let's say that Wolves can only nail in there room (which is what I suspect) that narrows down possible allies for that room to: Xardob, Velup, and Wolf.

Why do you discount Seff and Shatari? And why do you mention Velmu as a possible ally but then not present a case for him, too?

As much as can gather is that I'm leaning towards Xardob or Wolf, can't say who really. As you can see in my LoS, I didn't like Xardob's Knife campaign, and for a good portion of the game he made himself scarce. Wolf I've been leaning towards being a wolf since very early on for his weak wagon on Llandy, and the fact that he went scarce for quite a while too.

I’m not sure your “went scarce” arguments have any weight here. Wolf confirmed in advance that he wouldn’t be around. Xardob had a few quiet days, but no more than Snoopy, or Seff, or Lamb, or you.

Phonemelter said:
Sorry, left all of sudden since my girlfriend surprised me with a day early arrival.

Orj said:
So, Melter, were you not in fact told that Locke targeted me? Or did you decide to leave that information out, and try to spin it as Locke leaving his room mysteriously, and perhaps implying he killed Soot?

No, I was told, but I wanted to hear what he was going to say before bringing it up if that was necessary - in the off chance that there was a connection between you two, I didn't want to bring you into the mix. I was going to speculate that he was a wolf with a missed kill (since Adaham hinted at there being "disappointment"), but now that isn't the case. If I had followed the person who killed Soot, I wouldn't have waited to say anything.

Locke said:
And of all the people to Watch (Llandy, Moss, The Wolf, Whoopin) why me?

Because you occupied a grey area and had said some things that did not sit well with me. I actually went through a bunch of speculation (as Adaham knows) and didn't want to go with one of my higher suspects because I figured they might hold off on activity knowing I was on Watch.

Also I figured if you left your room then chances are it would be because of a bad role, since Adaham said in the rules that most abilities are room-specific. That is why I questioned you about it.

Xardob said:
This is what you had to share? Why did you want to stop me from voting Shatari then?

My original guess was that something prevented Locke from killing Orj, whether it was a missed opportunity or other factors, but was trying to see if anything happened to anyone else that might confirm that thought.

BTW that was pro Masterplannin Face, you make Whoopin proud.

Now based on the mechanics Im almost sure we have a converter since Rooms are in the game, also I believe that Wolf abilities are limited to Rooms, however this recent circumstance with Locke has me second guessing it since he clearly left his room (confirmed by Orj). Since we have a Watch in this game it has me thinking "What is it countering?" In my previous game the ALF race lied about the room he stayed in and left doors ajar which was noticed by the Watch. So Im not so sure that this game is following the same mechanics - in a balanced game every ability should have a counter and the Watch could be the "room mover" counter.

Reverend L. Lamb said:
Room: Church, prefer my communion wine more now that I think about it.
Watch: ejnomad seeing as Xardob is voting for him as well.

Work, will get back on other stuff once I'm off

You sarcastically call out Xardob for being suspicious then you go ahead and Watch ejnomad because you trust Xardob?

Whoopin said:
Role-blocking eh? Thats a very specific ability to speculate on, which begs the question... did anyone get blocked over night?

Why is it specific? I know wolves can role-block because the previous 2 games I had, contained role-blockers, and that seems to be a fairly standard scum ability.

You do realise that no scum is going to admit to being blocked last night, right? And that any innocents who admit they were blocked risk exposing themselves as specials. So why even ask?

Xardob said:
Pharaoh X Llandy said:
So now that we've lynched a wolf, and you disagree with ejnomad's assessment of the innocence (or at least, non-packness) of the Moose waggoners, which of Moose's packmates do you think abandoned him? You've already implicated Orj and Wolf, but don't seem to take this beyond a mentioning of potentially suspicious behaviour.
I have no idea. None of them? All of them? The wagon happened too fast for anyone to try anything funny.

Yeah it happened so fast you couldnt try anything funny is right. This is a backfire-tell if Ive ever witnessed one.

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
Whoopin said:

Why is it specific? I know wolves can role-block because the previous 2 games I had, contained role-blockers, and that seems to be a fairly standard scum ability.

You do realise that no scum is going to admit to being blocked last night, right? And that any innocents who admit they were blocked risk exposing themselves as specials. So why even ask?

Alright! Questions!

There was no Villain aligned role-blocker in Twilight II Zone, it was a racial ability which was neutral. To see you pull out that specific ability in speculation gives me scummy vibes. I wouldnt call it a standard scum ability unless I was covering my tracks.

Why would not scum admit to being blocked? I think its a very relevant question, cause we clearly had a death last night so the blockee wasnt guilty. And any innocents blocked wouldnt mean they are special because even a non-special innocent should get a "you were shiz-blocked" notification. I still would like to know if it happened.

And with that I gotta take a break till tomorrow, lost count how many times I pressed the Backspace key.

Whoopin said:
There was no Villain aligned role-blocker in Twilight II Zone, it was a racial ability which was neutral. To see you pull out that specific ability in speculation gives me scummy vibes.

It's the only scum ability I know to pull out, so why would I refrain from mentioning it if I think it might be in the game? I have neither played nor read Twilight Zone II, and since Adaham has stated -- several times -- that he's not just copied your game, we have no way of knowing for sure that a role-blocker would be neutral.

I wouldnt call it a standard scum ability unless I was covering my tracks.

You =/= me

I don't feel like I have anything helpful to add at the moment, possibly because I haven't slept, so here's a LoS to try and remind myself what I think about the current situation.

Highly probable Innocents

Locke

Orj

Ejnomad - ILL
For today, I think Ejnomad should be out of our equations, which I'm sure he already is.

Helpful/Good Vibes
Leprechaun
His Voting table was extremely helpful in organising the village's efforts to come to a consensus and avoid confusion and the possibility of a no-lynch. His posts have been sensible, and he's pressed points and suspicions here and there.
Snoopy-91
I don't know why I like reading her posts, or why they give me such good vibes, but it happens.

Pharaoh X Llandy
Tentative addition. My only explanation for the suspicions I've had of her, and others have had, is that she was trying to do too much at the beginning of the game, when we knew too little of how the game worked - the wild enthusiasm she had didn't really find a safe home until after she took a lot of flak, where she redirected it into individual dossiers on each player. This explanation of excessive ambition fits with the amount of work she's put into the game.
Eternal

Another slightly dubious addition, but the one time he really caught my attention, I felt very strongly that he was excited to have found a real suspicion on someone; it did not feel contrived nor motivated. I didn't agree with it, and can't remember who it was on, but I could emphasize with his reaction, which was a good sign.

Grey Area/Inoffensive
AWdeV
Coming clean with the knife doesn't really earn him any credit. I doubt he'd have been allowed to use it anonymously if he hadn't come clean, and he didn't allow the village to vote on it so there's no democracy brownie points there. Furthermore a wolf would have probably wanted to use it, not needing violent protection as badly as an innocent. Apart from that I realise I have nothing on him.
Phonemelter
Dropped from good vibes on account of the Watch info use. While I still think the way he handled it was mostly advantageous for a wolf rather than the village, I could possibly believe this was an accident. I'm yet to make my mind up. The thing is, I was getting suspicious of him at the closing of Day-1 - he'd somehow got a free ride and universal approval, even from myself, but for what? He tended to be very nitpicky in a fruitless sort of way (quote wars ahoy) - Playstyle, possibly.
Whoopin
**** if I know.
Xardob
His playstyle and what feels like a character he's playing is very unhelpful in regards to fellow innocents ticking him off their lists of suspects. While he hopped on the Moose wagon straight away (far too soon to explain it any other negative way than a separate pack or lone villain) he did become very nosy and for want of a better way to put it, "role fishy" about me and Orj. I'm not sure if that's what Orj saw but that's pretty much all I did.

Lurkers
/Absent
Moss
I don't know what to think about Moss, his Llandy theory was way too crackpot for me to find it devious, but if it wasn't, then why did he bother with it?
Velpulus II
Sweet F all, I would expect him to post more often than his previous incarnation, considering he went to the trouble of coming back from the dead. Why come back if you're not going to post? I feel like it would be a very safe option, if he came back as a wolf, to lurk, knowing that nobody would want to kill him a second time, or hassle him too much since we wrongly accused him, especially when his predecessor didn't leave any filth behind for him to clean up.
The Wolf
Whatever feeling I ever had, if any, is completely forgotten as the weeks have passed. The only reason I discourage the scapegoating and suspicion of him is that there isn't really much to go on, and certainly not much beyond disagreeing with his methods, or disbelieving they were methods at all.
Seff - INFECTED
Genuine rant about how he can't be arsed. Might be less frustrated if he had an exciting role?
Shatari
wat
Reverend L. Lamb
wat - voted Moose...

Suspicious
Twinkle
Jesus, my only suspect...

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
My point is is that his excuse to "stirring the pot to see what happens" was so week and void (because he clearly wasn't just trying to see what happened; he totally thought he was on to something big), and the fact that, as I showed, just how week his points were that he claimed were "solid".
But the fact is, Wolf didn’t claim his points were solid. He said that his ‘stirring’ of me was based mostly on uneasiness about my desire to be Watch, and a gut feeling that my explanation seemed well thought-out. Wolf admitted that he didn’t actually have anything solid to go on, and implied that his stirring was an attempt to dislodge something more solid by questioning me.
I've gotten so used to his distorting of information that I can't even be bothered anymore. When I initially read this and though "no, that's not what happened" my eventual response was to just drop it for a while - felt like flogging a dead horse.

Mid-day Votecount Day 2 / 18 alive / 10 to lynch

Lynch vote:

Shatari: 1 (Xardob)
Eternal: 1 (Reverend L. Lamb)
The Wolf: 2 (Llandy, Eternal)
Xardob: 1 (Whoopin)
Lord von Hamm: 1 (Seff)

Not voting: 12 (Ejnomad, Phonemelter, AWdeV, Leprechaun, Snoopy-91, Orj, The Wolf, Twinkle, Moss, Shatari, Velpulus, Locke)

Watch vote:

Ejnomad: 6 (Ejnomad, Xardob, Llandy, Locke, Reverend L. Lamb, Phonemelter)
Locke: 1 (Shatari)

Still watching out: 12 (AWdeV, Velpulus, Snoopy-91, Seff, Moss, Twinkle, Leprechaun, Whoopin, The Wolf, Eternal, Orj)

Lurker vote:

The Wolf: 1 (Locke)
Seff: 1 (Leprechaun)
Velpulus: 1 (Llandy)
Whoopin: 1 (Ejnomad)

Happy with the overall level of contributions: 14 Everybody else (Seff, Snoopy-91, Velpulus, Moss, Twinkle, The Wolf, Phonemelter, AWdeV, Shatari, Orj, Eternal, Whoopin, Xardob, Reverend L. Lamb)

Room vote:

Mansion:Everybody else (Velpulus, Xardob, AWdeV, Phonemelter, Whoopin, Leprechaun, Twinkle, Orj, Moss, The Wolf)
Church: Reverend L. Lamb
Grocer: Snoopy-91
Doctor: Seff
Stable: Locke, Eternal
Guardhouse: Ejnomad, Llandy
Tavern: Shatari

We are about halfway through the day and experience shows that things speed up towards the end of it. While we all enjoy the rush of the late day, I would strongly suggest to not wait until the very last moment to look for a consensus. That being said, I will send out prods to AWdeV & Velpulus. From skimming the thread, I'm under the impression those have been absent for the longest period of time. Other than that, you do have the lurker vote to work with.

Especially for you, Pandao X Llandy:

yesterday-is-history-tomorrow-is-mystery-but-today-is-a-gift-thats-why-its-called-present_1216.gif

Adaham said:
While we all enjoy the rush of the late day, I would strongly suggest to not wait until the very last moment to look for a consensus.

Pfftt. Who needs consensus when I can find the next wolf? In that regard time of day doesn't really matter.  :razz:

Back
Top Bottom