[Werewolf] Werewolf: Black Death - Daybreak Day 6 - Crypto-flagellants win!

Should I close the day with the votes that we had at the deadline (10PM), or leave it open for a few

• Be strict, rules are rules, they had their chance. Close it.

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Leave it open until midnight (two hours extra)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Leave it open until next morning when you wake up.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave it open and close it as soon as a majority is reached.

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Phonemelter said:
Whoopin said:
Since I detect no wolf hunting and no deception hes earned Gray (the same place where I need more data from a player).

What about his dodginess towards questions?
Suspicious but not actively deceptive, not something I could be convinced to lynch someone for but a great reason to:

Lurker: Velmu

@AWdeV

Also I was thinking that you should threaten (put your knife to their neck) at least Llandy and ejnomad, and see what they say before you make a decision.

Both of them have suggested to players that only voted to lynched them with "alternatives" of being put on Watch or being voted for Lurker.

I find that really suspicious, cause I only voted for Llandy and she was like "pls wait day 2!" A knife should provide more intel before you silence her.

@Xardob:

Also, if you think both Llandy and Whoopin are innocent, why haven't you stepped in to try and stop Whoopin from continuously going after her?

@Orj:

Xardob believes you are very good at reading him - what is your gut feeling so far?

@MrMelter

What do you think of Llandys WoT and "thoughts" on me. Do you think its odd how she labels me "very suspicious" for reasons that could only really be "suspicious" and then doesnt vote for me and instead goes for Moss?

How does that process for ya?

MrMelter

Also consider this post:

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
Xardob said:
Llandy, Whoopin, Lep and Moss are innocents.

Alright, I can understand me and Lep being there. Believe it or not, I can actually stretch my imagination far enough to think of Moss being an innocent who's like a dog with a bone and won't let it go no matter how many times you yell "DROP!"

But Whoopin????

Help me out here. How do you explain such nuggets as "obviously my case on Llandy wasn't influenced by Moss because at the time I didn't say I agreed with Moss so obviously the idea is completely my own plus Moss thinks Llandy is a converter but he could also be her packmate" despite Moss's post coming first chronologically and this sort of reasoning not making any sense at all?

That would be like me suddenly switching my lynch vote to Seff, then going back and quote-mining Eternal, saying "Look everyone, Eternal agrees with me, and I'm totally voting Seff because of my own suspicions, it has nothing to do with Eternal because I didn't even comment on Eternal's LoS at the time."

Seriously. If you have an explanation for this, enlighten me. I'd ask Whoopin himself but I'm afraid I'd just get the same nonsense repeated back to me and then get some weak emotional blackmail or condescending dismissal ("I'm disappointed in you"), ("sorry if you don't think my hunting is up to par"), ("you'd understand if you ever host a WW game") for not understanding it.

And please don't say "It's just Whoopin being Whoopin," because people made that excuse for him in Dwarfcraft and it got him through three days and let him murderate you at Night. Add to the fact that I'm not *entirely* convinced his case on me isn't just some personal quest to prove I can be lynched after his first post in the game accused me of being nigh-unlynchable :\

Which has both Moss & I, but she objects to me...

But has her vote on Moss.

We have an impending death in the family, so I'm going to be gone for a bit. If you think it benefits the town then feel free to lynch me (I'm a plain Jane innocent and I've been very distracted here lately), but please remember to present an actual argument in favor of my lynch. It doesn't help the town at all to say 'me too' or to just jump on the bandwagon.

@Whoopin:

Hmm, good question. I do not necessarily agree with all of her points against you, but I feel her vote on Moss instead of you is justified since Moss has done little hunting and going hard after one player is more problematic than trying to pressure others in my view. Although you see her reasons only being (at best) "suspicious" vs "very suspicious," players do have differences in ho much weight they give different reasons.

In regards to the second post, I see where you are coming from, but my view of it is this:

• While she thinks Moss's play can be seen as potentially innocent, she is leaning a lot more towards wolf
  • She thinks your play cannot be seen as very innocent, but is slightly less wolfy than Moss
  • She is surprised Xardob doesn't think you are wolfy because, according to her analysis, you play has less of a potential innocent value than Moss has

So if we were to assign "potential wolf" and "potential innocent" values, my guess is you would be 7:5 while Moss would be 8:3, or something like that. Your "lower end" of the spectrum is potentially wolfy, so while she can see how Xardob could consider Moss innocent (his "lower end" is on the innocent side), she has trouble believing that for you, but Moss's wolfy side is more suspicious than yours is so her vote is still there.

This probably makes no sense, but that is how I interpret it.

Phonemelter said:
She might also think there more of a risk to lynch you rather than Moss on Day 1 in terms of potential usefulness, which would factor into a vote.

Also consider that Moss isnt here to defend himself at the moment, and the strategy to pressure him is non existent. She apparently isnt worried about OMGUSing Moss but wont OMGUS me.

But my deceptive radar spikes when someone doesnt follow through with their convictions. She vehemently objects to me being innocent and goes on a 4 paragraph rant about it, and then simply mentions that Moss is debatable.

Whoopin said:
If I had the knife I would definitely take out Llandy cause Im convinced shes a wolf, and second its also very possible she could actually be the room locker version which is a high priority, third the odds she will make it through the whole game unlynched is very high. In Adahams game I stabbed Naridill who was a Vampire so I nailed the most dangerous "wolf" immediately before any conversions could happen.

If AW believes your accusations about me, then he SHOULD stab me.

You're so intent on lynching me, and I believe it's because there are innocents on my wagon and you want to incriminate them along with yourself. So I say this to AWdeV: If you decide that Whoopin is indeed correct about me, then please, use the knife on me instead of letting him lynch me. At least then you and everyone else will see how brilliant his ego-guesses are and he won't potentially drag a bunch of innocents down with him.

Whoopin said:
Also consider that Moss isnt here to defend himself at the moment, and the strategy to pressure him is non existent.

I didn't say I was pressuring Moss. I said "let's see what happens when I /vote Moss"

Ie, I wanted to see how other people react. And you know, you reacted exactly as I predicted you would. I didn't say anything sooner because I didn't want to influence what you did by predicting it. I would have been disappointed if you'd reacted in any other way but you did just what I knew you would.

She apparently isnt worried about OMGUSing Moss but wont OMGUS me.

OMGUS you? Dude, if I had the knife right now I'd frigging stab you for that emotional blackmail "I don't want to be kicked out so soon, I want to play the game which was inspired by mine" nonsense you just pulled. Like AW said, nobody wants to be kicked outta the game so soon, but to pull THAT is just low.

(sorry typos = raki)

Phonemelter said:
What makes you feel Moss, Wolf, and Whoopin are more likely innocent?
It's difficult to explain why someone is innocent. Let's just say I think they're being honest in what they're doing.

Phonemelter said:
Also, if you think both Llandy and Whoopin are innocent, why haven't you stepped in to try and stop Whoopin from continuously going after her?
Why should I?

And merry Christmas to everyone. I'll probably be around later, but I doubt I'll be making any sense even if I post anything.

Shatari said:
We have an impending death in the family, so I'm going to be gone for a bit. If you think it benefits the town then feel free to lynch me (I'm a plain Jane innocent and I've been very distracted here lately), but please remember to present an actual argument in favor of my lynch. It doesn't help the town at all to say 'me too' or to just jump on the bandwagon.

Sorry to hear that :sad:

Lurker: Shatari

I don't think it's fair to lynch you, in case you want to resume playing the game when you get back, but I don't want to leave you sitting around in case we do have a converter, you'd be a sitting duck. So I'll vote to put you in the pillory for one night, to give you some time to decide what you want to do etc.

Take care, man.

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
Whoopin said:
If I had the knife I would definitely take out Llandy cause Im convinced shes a wolf, and second its also very possible she could actually be the room locker version which is a high priority, third the odds she will make it through the whole game unlynched is very high. In Adahams game I stabbed Naridill who was a Vampire so I nailed the most dangerous "wolf" immediately before any conversions could happen.

You're so intent on lynching me, and I believe it's because there are innocents on my wagon and you want to incriminate them along with yourself. So I say this to AWdeV: If you decide that Whoopin is indeed correct about me, then please, use the knife on me instead of letting him lynch me. At least then you and everyone else will see how brilliant his ego-guesses are and he won't potentially drag a bunch of innocents down with him.

Whoopin said:
Also consider that Moss isnt here to defend himself at the moment, and the strategy to pressure him is non existent.

I didn't say I was pressuring Moss. I said "let's see what happens when I /vote Moss"

Ie, I wanted to see how other people react. And you know, you reacted exactly as I predicted you would. I didn't say anything sooner because I didn't want to influence what you did by predicting it. I would have been disappointed if you'd reacted in any other way but you did just what I knew you would.

OMGUS you? Dude, if I had the knife right now I'd frigging stab you for that emotional blackmail "I don't want to be kicked out so soon, I want to play the game which was inspired by mine" nonsense you just pulled. Like AW said, nobody wants to be kicked outta the game so soon, but to pull THAT is just low.

(sorry typos = raki)
skipped!  :razz:

Xardob said:
Why should I?

Because if you think they are both innocents, then wouldn't it make sense to encourage them to move onto more productive conversation? Though I guess there are reasons why it wouldn't make a difference either way.

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
Whoopin said:

Whoopin said:

(sorry typos = raki)

AWdeV asked me who I would stab so I gave him my answers, maybe you should also list your top 3 stab targets and why, maybe it will help him make a decision.

How did I act according to your prediction precisely? I love that strategy! Did I act wolfy or innocent? I still think its very suspicious that you vote Moss but really objected to Xardob considering me innocent. That right there is deception.

About the emotional blackmail, well it was just me stating whats on my mind - something you do all the time. Also I dont think that reasoning will change AWdeVs mind however the "ask me why and maybe I can clarify did". That was the reason we are having this conversation now.

I also find anyone that says "go ahead and stab/lynch me and youll see Im innocent and you made a mistake" suspicious cause that is Wolfy WiFoM 101.

Phonemelter said:
Xardob said:
Why should I?

Because if you think they are both innocents, then wouldn't it make sense to encourage them to move onto more productive conversation? Though I guess there are reasons why it wouldn't make a difference either way.

You know that if Xardob defends me or tells Whoopin to give over he's only proving himself my packmate in Whoopin's eyes :roll:

And if Xardob DID defend me I'd probably think him scummy anyway, because trying to "defend" an innocent from being lynched is EXACTLY what he did in Dwarfcraft when he was on his "I'm trying to save ejnomad and Magorian :sad:" campaign.

Better if he's innocent to just keep clear.

Back
Top Bottom