[Werewolf] Werewolf: Black Death - Daybreak Day 6 - Crypto-flagellants win!

Should I close the day with the votes that we had at the deadline (10PM), or leave it open for a few

• Be strict, rules are rules, they had their chance. Close it.

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Leave it open until midnight (two hours extra)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Leave it open until next morning when you wake up.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave it open and close it as soon as a majority is reached.

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm still very much with you on Eternal.

Whoopin seems to be shouting a lot, boasting a lot, and not making much of a case. Looking forward to seeing what he has to say this day.

Spreadsheet of vote/room tracking now updated, see Day 2 tab:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jpHy_8oadtuzT8RG2eZm3HIk3JIF9V6TVZB5MybTho0/edit?usp=sharing

Reverend L. Lamb said:
Seff said:
LL: I'm thinking Eternal is suspicious because of his lurky tendencies, combined with some VERY selective replying? Or do you have more?
Aye, that's the ticket. He also tried to lynch Ejnomad (pretty confident Ej is innocent) with Whoopin (who is definitely scum).

Eternal also had votes on Seff and Wolf, on Day 1. Does Eternal voting for Wolf change your opinion about him?

Reverend L. Lamb said:
Lynch:Eternal  Whoopin/The Wolf as seconds

@Eternal

You've recently voted for Wolf, yet here is the last thing I can see that you say about him?

Eternal said:
re: Wolf - I am extremely ambiguous on the topic of lynching the Wolf, if that wasn't obvious from my previous post.

Before that you immediately park your vote on Wolf, but then straight after switch back to ejnomad following this post:

Eternal said:
Good news everyone, I finally got my life together. Now I can throws hours of my life at Werewolf and BoP.

I'm going to dump my vote on

Unvote
Vote: The Wolf

Explanation will be forthcoming in a few hours, but voting in case something comes up.

And as Seff points out, and you clarify in the following post, you've been making cases against Seff quite a bit during Day 1:

Eternal said:
Sorry, not really involved at this point. I'm reading along, but it kind of feels pointless. I make a case on Seff, nobody except he and Facemelter notice. I make a case again, Seff ****s himself and says he hates the game. I make a case on ejnomad, that falls apart. It's not even a case of "wah wah nobody believes me" because I made a giant red bold post about everyone moving to a different room, something that everyone should objectively do for the benefit of the village, and it's still ignored.

Why have you suddenly dropped Seff for Wolf? Even if you think wolves can only kill in their own rooms (which I recall you saying several times, you do think that) that still leaves Seff and Wolf in there, and reading back on your posts it sounds like you've found Seff more suspicious all game, and were much more ambiguous on lynching Wolf.

Why?

In hindsight, you must admit that it's a very good thing nobody was jumping on your ejnomad cases, for example this and this and particularly here in which you switch targets from Seff to ejnomad, complete with expletives and all.

Do you think Seff is now innocent just because he's got herpes plague? What do you think about Leprechaun's suggestion that Seff is scum and may have been intentionally infected to flush out a healer?

Seff said:
I'm still very much with you on Eternal.

Whoopin seems to be shouting a lot, boasting a lot, and not making much of a case. Looking forward to seeing what he has to say this day.

I expect the word "Xardob" will crop up a lot.

I'm also kinda hoping that Moss appears and makes some genuine posts.

I have a guess at to why the vote change from me to Wolf, but I want to see what Eternal says first. Remind me if I forget to mention it afterwards.

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
This was not a rhetorical question, BTW. I'd like an answer.

Oh, I thought I had answered that - must have not copied and pasted it from my doc into the post.  :lol:

Anyways:

If you had a good theory that required you to be in the watch position, then that might make for a better option than Ej. Yes, Ej nabbed a wolf, but players do not read everyone equally as well and most are just as prone to error as the next. Being correct about Moose is a huge plus, but it doesn't guarantee being correct about anyone else. He is still my first choice for watch today, followed by you and Snoopy (since the only two people I am most confident about being innocent are lovers and would not make for a good watch choice), but if you had some theory that would allow for you to have a higher chance of catching a wolf, then that could end up being more useful.

Phonemelter said:
He is still my first choice for watch today, followed by you and Snoopy (since the only two people I am most confident about being innocent are lovers and would not make for a good watch choice), but if you had some theory that would allow for you to have a higher chance of catching a wolf, then that could end up being more useful.

Nope, no theory that gives me a higher chance of catching a wolf. Nothing of the sort. I know ejnomad isn't automatically going to be correct about everyone else just because he was right about Moose, but my chances of nailing scum if I was on Watch would probably be no different.

Just out of curiosity... do you think we have a Converter in play?

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
Just out of curiosity... do you think we have a Converter in play?

Verily. In a game this big with room mechanics, I can't see why Adaham wouldn't include one - he even included the "Alignmentmelter Rule" saying to not break the game if your alignment has changed.  :razz:

Phonemelter said:
Verily. In a game this big with room mechanics, I can't see why Adaham wouldn't include one - he even included the "Alignmentmelter Rule" saying to not break the game if your alignment has changed.  :razz:

Good point.

But we only had one kill last night. That was Soot, and Adaham's narration pretty much categorically confirms that he was killed by wolves.

It follows that since we had only 1 death, we have no idea whether the Converter scored a hit or was blocked.

I can understand why you thought I was innocent on Day 1, and why you were happy to vote me for Watch. That's fine. But if you accept that we have a Converter, and we don't know what happened last night beyond Soot being killed by wolves and Locke and Orj hooking up for some late night townie-aligned orgie (if you do indeed believe their claim) then you should also consider that the lack of a second kill may possibly indicate that a Converter was successful, and that any of the people you believed potentially innocent yesterday may now be scum, including me.

This is why I believe ejnomad is the only genuine choice for Watch tonight. Yes, it could be argued that there's a possibility he was packmates with Moose and chose to abandon his packie early to win the favour of the village... but pretty much nobody is ascribing to that theory, and I also think it very unlikely. Since ejnomad was in the pillory last night, we assume that he was protected because, like the Watch person, he was outside of a room.  Therefore, if it's true that the pillory provides protection against attack and conversion, and if he was indeed innocent yesterday when he started the bandwagon on Moose, then he's the only one whose innocence we can be certain of today.

Apart from yours, of course. But you can't be on Watch 2 nights in a row.

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
It follows that since we had only 1 death, we have no idea whether the Converter scored a hit or was blocked.

That is assuming we have one pack with only one kill ability. Could be two packs and the second pack missed, or another wolf was blocked, or there was some % chance that failed, but it is true there would be no way of knowing if a converter was successful or not. I think you are of the belief that if the converter was not successful then there would be a kill, but that isn't always the case - usually they do not have a kill aspect. Reason why I bring this up is because, if you want to speculate on set-ups, it could be like Adaham's previous iteration (or the one before that, forget which) where there were two packs plus a converter, meaning something went wrong for one of the groups.

I can understand why you thought I was innocent on Day 1, and why you were happy to vote me for Watch. That's fine. But if you accept that we have a Converter, and we don't know what happened last night beyond Soot being killed by wolves and Locke and Orj hooking up for some late night townie-aligned orgie

Hmm, I didn't really think of it that way. Can't be sure that AW or Whoopin are not converters, but part of me feels that Moss might be the guy because he made a weird case about you being a converter and that its method of working is via the plague, which seems like a stretch unless he had some extra knowledge that we didn't have. So I guess that is why I was particularly worried about thinking you would be one, since Moss was in another room and the plague was in the Tavern.

Apart from yours, of course. But you can't be on Watch 2 nights in a row.

After today's fiasco, I don't think anyone would want that anyways.  :lol:

Phonemelter said:
I love seeing Eternal reading and then disappearing.

He's not the only one who does it. He's just the one you see doing it most often because he's not 1) using Invisible mode, or 2) logged out of his account and following along as a 'Guest'. Whilst it's not exactly helpful of him to read but not post, especially since there are so many questions for him to answer recently, it's not necessarily indicative of furriness. Remember CW and Fishy.

Not saying he is wolfy for that reason - I'm just trying to actually get a response. Maybe I'm just being too critical of his lurkiness because he usually isn't this way and generally thorough with answering questions - ignoring question from the previous day is not his style.

Phonemelter said:
Not saying he is wolfy for that reason - I'm just trying to actually get a response. Maybe I'm just being too critical of his lurkiness because he usually isn't this way and generally thorough with answering questions - ignoring question from the previous day is not his style.

Try making your font bigger to get his attention :wink:

Yeah Im busted, been reading on my phone and catching up today during my sons naptime, and now hes asleep.

Was about to really dive into this but Ive lost all motivation due to working too much and now I just decided to buy a six pack for tonight.

So yeah, I got hired by the testing company after passing my exam on Dec 30th. Now Im an Instructor for their MCSE and CCNA classes. Been studying every night to provide a decent class for my students so havent even played any games let alone read Werewolf. Since I just started this job and it wasnt a consideration when accepting the WW invitation I feel like an ass for not following through this week but it has been unavoidable when combined with a 2 year old son.

What Ive been wanting to say is that I do not agree with the Wagon riders possible alignment due to when they joined because I think it has to do more with first 3 voters (ejnomad, Xardob, Llandy) because at that time it wasnt a sure thing and it backfired. Specifically Xardob because he was one of the users in the Tavern overnight which had a death.

For example when I voted for Moose! I was torn to decide to make a competing wagon vs an apparent avalanche, no lynch, or ride the wave and help provide for a lynch result... Facemelter did put it nicely by saying that everyone was kinda undecided and ejnomad happened to provide a middleground.

Also Ive come to realize that anyone I vote for its practically psuedo-protected, and the 3 people Im suspicious of are the first 3 on the Moose! wagon. I will spend some time catching up tonight while I drink and will follow up tomorrow with a proper post and a new perspective.

Would like some questions to answer to get back in the swing of the current discussion, if you want an answer then hook me up.

OK got some beers and ready to relax, reading the thread since day 2 started.

Twinkle said:
Phonemelter said:
@Twinkie

Why do you think he was killed? Any ideas on who did it? Anything weird happen to you last night? You didn't give us your thoughts on packies yesterday - care to do it now?

Xardob post

:lol:
Why do I think he was nailed? -- he was a good contributor and wasn't receiving much heat, people seemed to think he was innocent, I myself found his ideas pretty blue. That seems like a good reason for the Wolves to want to nail him -- take out someone (who is innocent) that everyone thinks is innocent. If they took out someone like me, Llandy, or Whoopin, they wouldn't be doing themselves as big of a favor, because in that case they're taking out people who are already possible day lynch targets. By taking out Sootshade they get the most from their vote.

Any ideas as to who did it? -- As much as can gather is that I'm leaning towards Xardob or Wolf, can't say who really. As you can see in my LoS, I didn't like Xardob's Knife campaign, and for a good portion of the game he made himself scarce. Wolf I've been leaning towards being a wolf since very early on for his weak wagon on Llandy, and the fact that he went scarce for quite a while too. Since those are the only two I strongly suspect in that room, plus the fact that I haven't heard anything new from you, leaves me still rather in the dark.

Nothing weird last night, would have mentioned that if anything had happened.

Packies -- yes I did. But if you want more, I'll try and do so. So we know Moose is a wolf, and now we've got Soot dead, Seff infected, and Snoop cured. Let's say that Wolves can only nail in there room (which is what I suspect) that narrows down possible allies for that room to: Xardob, Velup, and Wolf.

This is what's currently really grinding me as suspicious -- Wolf + Locke, as I've said, I'm convinced Locke's a wolf, and the fact that he/she found Wolf's earlier argument against Llandy compelling, and his "fishing" to be useful, I'm thinking we might have a part team there. In all honesty though, for me to get a good read on a puppet team with Moose!, Locke, and Wolf I'd need to go back and look at Locke+Wolf+Moose! interaction with eachother. But correct me if I'm wrong -- hasn't Moose been ignored by Locke?

I know I've made a case against Locke before, but @Locke in your LoS you have Moose! down as blue, yet leave no reason as to why you have him as such, could you possibly elaborate for me? Actually, could you post a small blurb on why you feel certain ways about everyone, because just throwing up an LoS without elaborating on why everyone is the way they are kinda leaves us in the dark.

~Twinkle, who hath done his deed and is off to bed

Did anyone else notice this?

@Twinkle
Its obvious you conveniently ignored Shatari... do you have a reason to believe hes is not an ally of Moose!? Also since you ask for Lockes LoS on Moose! I now have to lookup your suspicions on Moose! too.

Back
Top Bottom