Progress/Development Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Just to notify anyone interested, I've fixed the largely problematic Hvar & Korcula zone (which led to lords and caravans to get stuck a lot). Updated the map hotfix, you can find the link in the New Version Released thread.

Ok, I've just finished the three new lord quests that will appear in next update. Third one (renegade nobles) has been giving me some trouble until I found the source of the problem today.

These quests are meant to increase the number of tasks the player can get from lords when he/she has already become a noble. I remember Mihailo complained some time ago that it was quite difficult to raise your relationship with other nobles once you reached landlord status, since you wouldn't be able to do "commoner quests" (i.e. killing the criminal, delivering messages, etc) anymore. After that I had made the "Peasant Rebellion" to remain available after becoming a noble, and now these additional three will more or less complete the circle.

These quests only become available when you reach landlord status:

- Caravan Assault: a lord has some "unfinished business" with a certain caravan master, so he tasks you with assaulting and looting his caravan. If completed, you will lose honor for doing this quest (the caravan master may have deserved it or not, but you're still acting like a lowlife bandit).
- Heretic Uprising: a group of heretics, whose presence in the region had been known for some time but more or less tolerated by  the lord (since they kept a low profile and payed their taxes without causing trouble), has started to become more problematic. The player's task is to remove them from the picture.
- Renegade Nobles: some minor nobles, dependant of a certain lord, have been acting roguish lately, disobeying their high lord and commiting all kind of crimes in the region. He's too busy to solve the matter for himself, so asks the player to teach them a lesson in his name. This quest has several regional variants, right now I've just implemented the christian hispanic one (the renegade retinue you have to hunt down has christian hispanic equipment) but I'll work towards adding the rest (arabic, norman, non-english british, central european, scandinavian, balcanic, etc).

Sweet! Just what we need to get a few friends outside the campaign trail, thanks Korinov! Cant wait to try those out.

On another note, are there any programs for MnB scene making? Or does it all get done in Edit Mode?

Some retetexturing work... padded armors for hungarian militias:

Cu8RG.png

Greetings,

I am new to this forum and i dont know **** about modding but i just want to thank everybody who made this wonderful mod, seems like you are really putting a load of work into this and you don´t know how happy you make a history freak like me. I used to be a history student at university of Utrecht so if you need any help just ask and i will do my best.
I just want to ask if anybody knows anything about when the Byzantine faction is playable i´ve just got a great love for Byzantine history and again if you need help researching i´ll be there.

Thanks

Aye, we certainly would welcome all help in researching the Byzantines - they're a monster of a faction and I myself can help pretty much only with some of its Balkan settlements, while all the other settlements, lords, troops etc. would require quite some work. I suggest we use this thread as our base of operations. :wink:

I gladly announce that the whole "doors not working correctly" has been fixed, so all the missions that require going through doors (like the 'rescue lord from prison' quests) will be working again after next release. In order to fix it I've had to re-arrange the town and castle menus, so the Recruiting option will appear now at the bottom of the menu (only over the "Leave..." option) for both towns and castle. The "Join Noble Tournament" and "Speak with the Guild Master" options in town menus have also been relocated under the original native options (as this was what had been screwing the whole entry points system).

NikeBG said:
Ah, good then! Work, Quapitty, work! :razz:
Btw, if you decide to make another unique scene, Tarnovgrad is still available. :wink:
I do *sweat-sweat*  :razz:

I know - scening that city is still haunting me in my dreams...
But there are so many places to do... I think it is a good idea to create some placeholders first. (though it's hard to resist!).

Korinov said:
I gladly announce that the whole "doors not working correctly" has been fixed, so all the missions that require going through doors (like the 'rescue lord from prison' quests) will be working again after next release. In order to fix it I've had to re-arrange the town and castle menus, so the Recruiting option will appear now at the bottom of the menu (only over the "Leave..." option) for both towns and castle. The "Join Noble Tournament" and "Speak with the Guild Master" options in town menus have also been relocated under the original native options (as this was what had been screwing the whole entry points system).
I will quote NikeBG:
Floating Bulgarian Head said:
And there was much rejoicing!

Hi guys! first of all... greatest mod ever... You guys know how to do this stuff :smile:
Now, I have just one question.. can you,guys, speed  up development a little bit ? :smile:
I am anxious to see grand finale :smile:

Do you need help in the 3d modelling? I am expert in several 3d mod. programs.(maya, 3ds, zbrush, etc..)

Hello, History Boy!

HistoryBoy said:
Hi guys! first of all... greatest mod ever... You guys know how to do this stuff :smile:
Now, I have just one question.. can you,guys, speed  up development a little bit ? :smile:
No. :mrgreen:

HistoryBoy said:
Do you need help in the 3d modelling? I am expert in several 3d mod. programs.(maya, 3ds, zbrush, etc..)
Yes. Yes we do.
Hmmm... but with what 3D model exactly? That is the question.
It seems that our team members are divided of what are the priorities, so some would probably like to see modelled monasteries in the mod, while others would like to see more town designs, or armours, or... whatever.

You know what - maybe you should make something for starters - anything, just to show us your skill.
Then make a new thread here, where we all could discuss what do we like to see, etc.

1) E Mihajlo burazere.. stvari stoje vako.. :smile: How to upload image!!? :smile: when i click insert image, it insert only img /img.. Should I  insert win path of my picture? or what?  I will show you my work.. when you give me an answer on the previous question... :smile:
it is a high quality and precise texturing on high poly models, then attached to low poly model... I am expert in 3ds, maya, zbrush,silo,topogun, mudbox and more.. advanced skills in photoshop , gimp, and some others insignificant tools :smile: What tools u use for map editing, and programing? is it a Phyton?

2) i can do whatever you need.. :smile: For Arhitectural  modeling  i use 3ds, for character and similar, i use maya, silo.. for details i use zbrush.. xnormal to transfer normal, oculasion, displecament, specular and diffuse map on low poly models...

PS. What is the max number of polys or triangles for M&B engine?

HistoryBoy said:
1) E Mihajlo burazere.. stvari stoje vako.. :smile: How to upload image!!? :smile: when i click insert image, it insert only img /img.. Should I  insert win path of my picture? or what?  I will show you my work.. when you give me an answer on the previous question... :smile:
When you click the image icon, you get the two image icons, one with, the other without the / symbol.
Then take the link of a desired image, such as this: http://medievalarmour.com/images/Category/medium/789.png
and place it between those two img things.
Then, you get an uploaded image:
789.png

Also, bear in mind that, if your images are a little big, it's best to put them in spoilers.
Click the 'spoiler' symbol (it looks like a nuclear danger sign), and between the two spoiler things, put the img link from above:
789.png

HistoryBoy said:
it is a high quality and precise texturing on high poly models, then attached to low poly model... I am expert in 3ds, maya, zbrush,silo,topogun, mudbox and more.. advanced skills in photoshop , gimp, and some others insignificant tools :smile:
2) i can do whatever you need.. :smile: For Arhitectural  modeling  i use 3ds, for character and similar, i use maya, silo.. for details i use zbrush.. xnormal to transfer normal, oculasion, displecament, specular and diffuse map on low poly models...
Yeah, that is all great, but, you see, I don't know what half of that stuff is. :mrgreen:
I am a historian/researcher here, and I occasionally tamper with basic coding (mostly through text files), which means that I myself can't help you much...
...which brings me to this question...

HistoryBoy said:
What tools u use for map editing, and programing? is it a Phyton?
PS. What is the max number of polys or triangles for M&B engine?
Korinov? Quapitty? Tsewe? Al Mansur? Cesar?
Do you have anything to say to this?
What do we even need, exactly?
Maybe new building components for your scenes, Quapitty?
Or something else for the whole mod? Suggestions?
Come on, help me out here, you do those magical things with modelling programs, and stuff... :razz:

Brate... ja sam malo ekscentrican pa kazem mnogo, i niko me ne razume sta sam sve kaza, a nekad ni sam sebe... :smile:

1) First here some stuf i made last night....
it's fast just to show you how it looks.. i will put on the some armor and animate it... just must finish one job ... Man must earn for some brad... :smile:

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=721&pictureid=9422

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=721&pictureid=9423

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=721&pictureid=9424

I will put some arhitectural models( houses building etc) soon as I can....

2) I recognized only word Korinov.. :smile:  so i presume that you talking to leaders of mod...
Who ever is lead modelar, i wana ask ... does number of faces for character models goes under 1000 faces? Cose I am good... but not that good :smile:  this model i posted have 2438 faces....  that why it looks so cool :smile:

Back
Top Bottom