Progress/Development Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

You guys remember those alternative padded cloth and aketon models I had introduced, like a year ago, to provide a bit more variety to low tier troops in general? They were very simple retexturing works, just changing the color of the tunic under the cloth armor.

Well, both Cèsar and me are working on taking it to a more serious level. Cèsar will try to work out something to make the bandits and outlaws a bit more distinguishable. Me, I've just finished this:

VYAeYG1.png

They'll replace the previous three models of course.

I feel like making a thousand things, but I can't do all at once, and my abilities have gone rusty, I need time to retake the rythm. And even if I didn't, I could not do all I want to do, so...

Who's up for new building modelling?

I have old attempts at Roman columns, a Roman half-ruined Triumphal Arch, a Romanesque church and Byzantine modules to make either houses of churches. The Byzantine ones are the less worked on of all, because I just didn't know how to separate the meshes in the way I wanted for the texture to make sense.

I can traspass all this, since I've forgotten most of my Wings3D abilities, and I stopped because I felt there was a lot I was missing and I could not do what I wanted. But someone else can!

The Byzantine modular architecture would help us use a limited number of props (7, at most) to recreate monumental Byzantine and Balkan architecture, churches or palaces or just building complexes. It was a project that got me really excited but never went anywhere due to my inability to properly map meshes. Two basic bodies, a nartex, two kinds of dome, and two towers. Domes could be set upon towers at different height and size, bodies could be combined to create cross-shaped churches or squared palaces, big and small... etc. All completed with additional props like a couple of doorways, buttresses and columns...

A similar thing was also in my mind for Romanesque architecture, so that no town in Europe would have the same cathedral.

All this not counting, of course, the obliged mighty Walls of Theodosius, which are out of my league.

Tristan-Isolde-tristan-isolde-5333575-1024-576.jpg

Is there someone up for the task? Step forward!

Installing a mod has resulted in some strange bug and now I can't visualize my BRFedits and take screenies. I'll have to reinstall the game, but I can tell you that I have made over 10 new re-edits of the padded and quilted armours for common armies. I've given some variety, added different belts, also some scarfs and surcoats... overall, they look solid.

I'll still work a bit on giving them the real feel; they need some more dirt and some more old-ness.

Also, this for the faction symbols:

arge.gif

Cèsar de Quart said:
Installing a mod has resulted in some strange bug and now I can't visualize my BRFedits and take screenies. I'll have to reinstall the game, but I can tell you that I have made over 10 new re-edits of the padded and quilted armours for common armies. I've given some variety, added different belts, also some scarfs and surcoats... overall, they look solid.

I'll still work a bit on giving them the real feel; they need some more dirt and some more old-ness.

arge.gif
:razz:

Cèsar de Quart said:

arge.gif

Sounds really good. I'll tell ya about the symbols tomorrow when I get home btw, there's a bit tricky part about it really  :wink:  Hopefully that beauty will be implementable.

I'll be out for the weekend for a calçotada, but I'm free the next whole week.

I'll work on all these things then, but I'll be waiting for your input on the faction symbols. This, by the way, is WIP. I have to polish it, probably making it a GIF is a huge mistake.

Cèsar de Quart said:
I'll be out for the weekend for a calçotada, but I'm free the next whole week.

I'll work on all these things then, but I'll be waiting for your input on the faction symbols. This, by the way, is WIP. I have to polish it, probably making it a GIF is a huge mistake.

As I've PMed you it looks really well ingame even if it's a WIP  :wink:

The symbol looks awesome, CdQ! :smile:
And as much as I like the letters, I agree they should be dropped.
Particulary because of the the non-Latin alphabet factions, which are many.
I think the symbol will do just fine, especially since the faction's name is already written in Notes, i.e. above that image.
Which is a bit of shame, because it would be cool to see a faction's name in its Native form.

I'd drop the letters as well. The symbol is awesome enough I think. Can't wait for the final version... in any case I'd tell you not to get too perfectionist with it, already looks great in my opinion.

MihailoSRB said:
The symbol looks awesome, CdQ! :smile:
And as much as I like the letters, I agree they should be dropped.
Particulary because of the the non-Latin alphabet factions, which are many.
I think the symbol will do just fine, especially since the faction's name is already written in Notes, i.e. above that image.
Which is a bit of shame, because it would be cool to see a faction's name in its Native form.

Most of them use Latin. Regnum Angliae, Regnum Francie, Regnum Poloniae... even Hungary and Galich. Then you'd have the Hellenosphere, the Muslim factions and the Rus.

I'm eager to put some Glagolithic into the map!

There you go; Holland!

genericcoacopy.png

And Brabant!

coaflanderscopy.png

I would appreciate if you could provide more or less contemporary images like those for the biggest factions, or for obscure factions iconographically speaking, like the Rus, the Balkan and African factions, the Byzantine Empire...

Back
Top Bottom