Progress/Development Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm redownloading this because I had to reset my computer. It's definitely one of my most favorite mods for Warband. The dedication you guys show is outstanding, despite the long road ahead. It will be a glorious day when the true Roman Empire marches from Constantinople once again.

I've read the last few pages and what I'm trying to find out is what can we expect to see in the next update?

Hidole555 said:
I'm redownloading this because I had to reset my computer. It's definitely one of my most favorite mods for Warband. The dedication you guys show is outstanding, despite the long road ahead. It will be a glorious day when the true Roman Empire marches from Constantinople once again.
You don't reall have to download it again, since the new release is just around the corner. :wink:
Hidole555 said:
I've read the last few pages and what I'm trying to find out is what can we expect to see in the next update?
Check the first post of Changelog Thread...
...and add some more things that aren't mentioned there, like Poland, and some other minor things.

Ah OK. I've decided to play as a Portuguese merchant this time. I've noticed some things that I'll put in the Suggestion/Critique thread.

EDIT: Just to be sure, is Ogier the Dane in the game the same as Holger Danske in the planned companion wheel?

Hidole555 said:
EDIT: Just to be sure, is Ogier the Dane in the game the same as Holger Danske in the planned companion wheel?

Yes. Some companions' names have been adjusted for next version, and Holger is one of them.

I just did some searching and it turns out that the original man responsible for the Tudor dynasty (the line of nobles that gave us such colorful characters such as Henry VIII and Elizabeth I) could fit into this mod or very well be the Player if done right. His name was Ednyfed Fychan. During the year 1200 he was a warrior for the Welsh Principalities, age 30.

Since it wouldn't make sense to make a common soldier a Lord he could be a companion with the reasoning that he wishes to see the world or be a better soldier before he commits to the life of a soldier.

OR like I said the player could be him. Just set the name to Ednyfed Fychan and use Freelancer to be a soldier for a Welsh Lord, preferably the King. The real icing on the cake would be this though, if the player becomes a lord: Have this as a banner ingame.

200px-Armoiries_Owen_Tudor.svg.png

Fun Fact: The three helmets on the Coat of Arms were ordered on by the Welsh King after Ednyfed cut the heads off of three English lords in battle.

Korinov said:
He could be a fine companion, to be honest.
Yes, but then his banner should be less anachronistic (Helmets are way too modern), if I may say this as the mod's heraldry nitpicker. But I'd be happy to make one....  :mrgreen: Although I think there is no chance to give a banner to companions (and if, there are more companions who should have one). If you are a king and you give a fief to one of your companions they will chose a banner from the player banners pool. So I could make that banner as one of comming up player banners anyway. If thou lordship agrees.

Yeah, the banner is completely anachronic in a 1200 setting. No need to make a banner for a companion BTW, I was just talking about the possibility to include the guy in the mod as simply that, a companion like the others.

Korinov said:
Yeah, the banner is completely anachronic in a 1200 setting. No need to make a banner for a companion BTW, I was just talking about the possibility to include the guy in the mod as simply that, a companion like the others.

Please do!  :mrgreen:

And perhaps the companion that he likes would be someone superstitious, who would tell Ednyfed that a royal line will descend from him (or at least tell him that some third-party fortune-teller has told him to stay close to Ednyfed, so his (the companion's) own descendants will be favoured by the Tudors)? Just so the players would know why this guy is special enough to be included as a companion (and that he's a historical person). :wink:

hi guys :smile:
old follower of the mod, havent visided thread for a while
aaanyways... i'm signing into informatics school very soon and i decided that modding this game would be a good way to practise my programmings skills or whatever... would like to help with any part of mod that needs helping, if you are in need of any specific area of modding could you let me know and i will try my best.

*Bonus suggestion:

would like to suggest (and yes i know this is a very GENERAL suggestion) more medieval LAW. during my time in law shool i heard quite alot of  fun-facts  wich could be implemented into quests, would be a real nice classy touch, just to balance out the violence of those times... in particular written contracts are an inturesting subject, and god knows that there are tons of inturesting events concerning specific laws given by specific kings in specific locations for this specific time period
*NOTE* I am not suggesting some dipomacy-type changes to the core gameplay, just some good old dialogue based unique quests, easy to make, but the very point of them would be enough to grab the player's attention... (and you could learn a new fun history fact)

And again dont forget to get me bisy on any aspect of modding that is needed at the moment, just let me know on time so i can focus on just that. I can't promiss anything other than my best attempt at it, sadly  :neutral:

Executor-64- said:
hi guys :smile:
old follower of the mod, havent visided thread for a while
aaanyways... i'm signing into informatics school very soon and i decided that modding this game would be a good way to practise my programmings skills or whatever... would like to help with any part of mod that needs helping, if you are in need of any specific area of modding could you let me know and i will try my best.

*Bonus suggestion:

would like to suggest (and yes i know this is a very GENERAL suggestion) more medieval LAW. during my time in law shool i heard quite alot of  fun-facts  wich could be implemented into quests, would be a real nice classy touch, just to balance out the violence of those times... in particular written contracts are an inturesting subject, and god knows that there are tons of inturesting events concerning specific laws given by specific kings in specific locations for this specific time period
*NOTE* I am not suggesting some dipomacy-type changes to the core gameplay, just some good old dialogue based unique quests, easy to make, but the very point of them would be enough to grab the player's attention... (and you could learn a new fun history fact)

And again dont forget to get me bisy on any aspect of modding that is needed at the moment, just let me know on time so i can focus on just that. I can't promiss anything other than my best attempt at it, sadly  :neutral:

YES, Me Likely!  More cool quests are aways welcome.  We all love the combat but I think anything that adds to the role play helps allot.

Make some suggestions dude...quick before they release.  :smile:

Hi,

Let me start of by saying that I am a very very very big fan of the mod. And I just have a few suggestions which I hope will not be too much trouble to implement.

I was wondering if you could have crowns in the game. It could be one kind of crown for all the kings or different kinds. Like the Crown of France or the Crown of England.

I was wondering if you create more religious quests so that the character could lead or be in the army of one the commanders of a crusade.

I was wondering if jousting tournaments could be created maybe dy designing armor that would could easily be penetrated by a couch lance damage.

Thank You for your time.

hey guys, do we have an official logo now?

I just want to update my 2nd post, please let me know
Also, do we have new scene props? if yes, who made them?

Hidole555 said:
Fun Fact: The three helmets on the Coat of Arms were ordered on by the Welsh King after Ednyfed cut the heads off of three English lords in battle.
Quapitty is probably more into heraldics than I am but I admit I've never seen helmets on banners from the high middle ages. Hammers, yes, but no helmets, even if these don't appear to represent helmets in the heraldic sense if this little story is true.

I found an interesting character that could be included in the mod once the Bulgarian and Roman Empires are being prepared to be added. You've probably already heard of him since all I did was type "1200" into Wikipedia to find him.

His name is Ivanko of Bulgaria. In 1196, he was a military commander for Ivan Asen I, who was the Emperor of Bulgaria at the time. When Ivan wanted to punish Ivanko for having an affair with his wife's sister, Ivanko turned on him and murdered him.  Ivanko tried to take over but was driven out by Ivan's brother Peter, so he fled to Constantinople where in 1197 he married a granddaughter of the Roman Emperor, Alexios III. At the time our game starts, he had turned against Alexios.

In my opinion, this puts him in a perfect spot to be the claimant of either the Empire of Bulgaria or the Roman Empire. It's clear he just wants the power so we could portray him as wanting to rule Bulgaria in order to effectively take down the Roman Emperor. If anyone ever feels like doing an evil playthrough, this would be the guy to side with.

One more thing, because he murdered the ruler of Bulgaria, one could argue he is the reason the leader of the Empire of Bulgaria in this mod will have one of the most BADASS names a ruler could have: Kaloyan the Romanslayer

Holy crap! A claimant who's pure evil and a ruler who got his name from kicking Imperial ass! Please consider what I've said so this can happen!

Hidole555 said:
I found an interesting character that could be included in the mod once the Bulgarian and Roman Empires are being prepared to be added. You've probably already heard of him since all I did was type "1200" into Wikipedia to find him.
His name is Ivanko of Bulgaria. In 1196, he was a military commander for Ivan Asen I, who was the Emperor of Bulgaria at the time. When Ivan wanted to punish Ivanko for having an affair with his wife's sister, Ivanko turned on him and murdered him.  Ivanko tried to take over but was driven out by Ivan's brother Peter, so he fled to Constantinople where in 1197 he married a granddaughter of the Roman Emperor, Alexios III. At the time our game starts, he had turned against Alexios.
In my opinion, this puts him in a perfect spot to be the claimant of either the Empire of Bulgaria or the Roman Empire. It's clear he just wants the power so we could portray him as wanting to rule Bulgaria in order to effectively take down the Roman Emperor. If anyone ever feels like doing an evil playthrough, this would be the guy to side with.
One more thing, because he murdered the ruler of Bulgaria, one could argue he is the reason the leader of the Empire of Bulgaria in this mod will have one of the most BADASS names a ruler could have: Kaloyan the Romanslayer
Holy crap! A claimant who's pure evil and a ruler who got his name from kicking Imperial ass! Please consider what I've said so this can happen!
Too late! :razz: We have already added him as a ''ruler'' of the Principality of the Rhodopes - they will be a playable faction in the new version.
For more info, consult with NikeBG, since he was the one who suggested them as a separate faction, ruled by Ivanko.

EDIT:
And as for Kaloyan, he will be called Tsar Kaloyan in the next version, since in 1200, he didn't bear the nickname of Romanslayer.

Back
Top Bottom