Calradia 1304 (for version 0.960)

what is your favourite reformed faction?

• Swadians

Votes: 30 23.4%
  • Nords

Votes: 21 16.4%
  • Vaegirs

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Rhodoks

Votes: 19 14.8%
  • Khergits

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Banditos

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Mercenaries

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • all of the above

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • none of the above

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Put on hold to work on more interesting projects

hello all! I am pleased to announce my first minimod, Calradia 1304 the whole idea basically comes down to this: Calradia, in 47 years time.

Download:
From mbrepository:
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=9&id=909

From Filefront:
http://files.filefront.com/Calradia+1304+version+10zip/;12146247;/fileinfo.html

I would love to hear any comments or suggestions you may have. hope you like it.

NOTE: when I had started this mod, I had no knowledge of any other mod similar to this, and all my ideas are not taken from or based on any other mod. however, I am sure there will be some similarities to other mods with this general idea. so please note that these troop trees and ideas are not based on any other mod.

credits to Dudro (for making one single vaegir troop), MAXHARDMAN for his realistic steel textures, Mirathei for the formations, KON_Air for the faction recruitment codes, and Kievan_Mereel for helping me fix a bug.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
THIS MOD REQUIRES REALISTIC STEEL TEXTURES! RST by MAXHARDMAN:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,37335.0.html
download RST for 952, then the patch for 960.
then the game should run smoothly.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

so, I'm sure you'll want to know what has happened to our beloved Calradia over the years:

Swadians: the Swadians have had a huge amount of luck over the years. they were able to find a good sized gold mine right in the middle of their territory. this has allowed them to equip their troops with a more organized kit and far better equipment. their way of warfare has not changed much, however, and the gold mine is expected to be gone in only a few more years.

Vaegirs: the Vaegirs have also been lucky. they found a small iron mine and used it to better equip some of their troops. while sme of their troops have not changed much, with there still being many who prefer the lighter, more easy to move around in armors that they have used for decades. but some of their newer troops have been trained to cope with heavier armor and weapons. their armies now consist of heavier infantry, and their trade with the peoples to the far east has even given them a few easterners in their common army.

Khergits: the khergits have never had an easy life. they remain mostly as they were, nomads with minimal armor but good bows and the knowledge to use them. the one thing that makes them far more deadly, however, is their discovery of a highly deadly poison. this poison is in very limited supply, however, and the troops who use them are dangerous men to deal with, no matter whose side you're on. the khergits have also recently begun training footsoldiers, but they are still not the most reliable troops. they have also made some proper heavy cavalry to help their armies along.

Nords: the Nords have recently begun bringing more and more men into Calradia. they have adapted to their needs, giving themselves fast light cavalry to aid their heavy infantry. they have also made their infantry focus less on ranged equipment, instead leaving all that to their dedicated bowmen. the Nordic armies have changed hugely in a short period of time. any wise general for anybody else will keep a close eye on these men.

Rhodoks: the Rhodoks have changed little. while they bring in more wealth each year, their fighting abilities and strategies are only beginning to advance. it is true, however, that their newer better trained troops could make a mockery of their past armies. the thing that gives the Rhodoks their edge in combat lies in a mysterious black powder they have begun to experiment with. their armies now compose of many more better equipped, better trained, and all-around better troops, including some light screening cavalry to distract archers and make a heavy cavalry charge less devastating.                     

Troop trees:                                             

Swadia:
                                    > spearman > pikeman >  elite pikeman > scytheman
Recruit > militia > soldier > swordsman > bastard swordsman > guardsman > Royal Guard
                      > skirmisher > crossbowman > sharpshooter
                                      > mounted patroller > mounted guard > knight > knight commander*

Vaegir:
                                                                              >knight
                                                  > raider > horseman      > guard > arcani
recruit > footman > eastern recruit > infantry > swordsman > heavy swordsman > samurai
                        > skirmisher                      > pikeman > heavy pikeman > poleaxeman
                                          >  archer > marksman > black archer*
                                          > javelineer > heavy javelineer

Khergit:

> horse archer > veteran horse archer > bondsman
Tribesman > skirmisher > horseman > lancer > khan's guard > Mingghan*
              > footsoldier > foot archer > elite foot archer > dismounted bondsman
                                > spy > assassin > battle assassin

Nords:

> explorer > scout > Jarl      > swordsman > heavy swordsman > Carl
recruit > footman > trained footman > warrior > veteran > huscarl > hersir > Thane*
                                                    > throwing axeman|> berzerker
                                                                                > longbowman > trained longbowman

Rhodok:

> screening cavalry > flanking cavalry
tribesman > spearman > trained spearman > veteran spearman > heavy spearman > heavy pikeman
              > crossbowman |                                                  > swordsman > heavy swordsman > knight
                                    > trained crossbowman > veteran crossbowman|    > sergeant > deathbringer
                                    > gunner > trained gunner > heavy gunner      > sharpshooter > Arbalestman*

i had expect something like the rodocks were swept from the lanet for some years but now slowly are comming back hiding in forests with better crossbowman then ever.

your ideas are very good  :eek:
and on such late point of time you must have drunk much of koffie :grin:

Well adding guns made the rhodocks less ah well Crap im sorry to say they had no cavalry and crappy archers they only had militia like spear men and relied on number and not force that's why I like them.

when I made this I wanted to have every faction have special unit types. the Swadians  currently have none, but all their troops are incredible so it balances out. vaegirs have two units with Strange equipment, khergits have three units with poisoned weaponry, the Nords have all-around badass troops, and the Rhodoks I gave gunpowder. it is used a lot, but it seems that lots of people like the idea so it should help this mod. I hope.

If it says there's an error with process_items.py, that probably means the real problem is in module_items.

I would recommend checking the damage values of anything that you've recently edited to check if there's something wrong with it.

Mad Skillz said:
damage values? what do you mean?

I believe he means how much damage the object does. I could be wrong, I only just started experimenting with the module system today.

ah yes, thank you for that. I could have phrased that better. concerning the damage values, is there a damage limit, or am I just looking for missing commas etc...

alright, still no screenies as of yet. I am still unable to find the source of that one error. all the troop trees are up, however, and I'll put in some descriptions of the new units (or, some of them anyway) or something like that later on.

EDIT: here are some new troop descriptions. (in no order, just talking about the ones I want to)

Nord Berzerker: Nord Berzerkers are the pride of all the nords. they see no need for armor more than a shield (occasionally) and are incredibly strong. they mainly use large axes, taking the heads of their enemies in single swipes. some will use the large round shield with a trusty nordic sword, while others will use a one handed axe as large and even more powerful than a great axe. they are fast, strong, and fearless, but a well placed arrow can take down even the strongest.

Vaegir Arcani: the arcani are the most feared part of the vaegir army. wearing armor coloured black, and using only the most gruesome and frightening weapons, the arcani are a force to be reckoned with. either on a mighty armoured horse or on their own two feet, these men can easily hack down anyone foolish enough to stand in their way.

Rhodok Deathbringer: this elite rhodok troop is a combination of a berzerker and an arcani. combining the huge strength and imperviousness to fear and pain of the berzerker with the armour of the arcani. wearing full plate, adorned with a great helm and weilding a huge two handed military scythe, these men are useful against cavalry and infantry alike. but nobody is invincible, and while armoured and trained well, they can succumb to the right amount of soldiers.

Khergit Battle Assassin: with these men comes death and sickness. even their employers can be afraid to deal with these men. the trained users of the khergit poison, they are able to kill on the battlefield or off. underneath their black robes is light yet durable chain mail, with soft leather around it to keep the links from making noise as they approach their victims. their weapon arsenal may include poisoned throwing knives, poisoned crossbow bolts and of course, their deadly poisoned sword. one hit is usually enough to kill a man in seconds. however, these men are hard to train and their armor is not always up to deflecting blows from an experienced fighter.

Khan's Guard: these are possibly the best soldiers the khergits can produce. they are fast, strong, reliable heavy cavalry that can easily crush their opponents. they wear the finest scale armour around and use high quality weaponry. however, other units of heavy cavalry can match them in combat and probably overpower them. best deployed against light or medium infantry, although they are basically good all-around.

Vaegir Samurai: the Vaegir's trading with the peoples to the far east has given them some very unique sets of armor. the intimidating face masks and powerful high quality swords make them a reliable force on the battlefield.

Swadian Knights: the swadian knight has become the best heavy cavalry all of Calradia. sporting full plate armor and great helmets, these elite horsemen can become the dominating force on the battlefield if used correctly. their only weakness is their lack of speed. a good horse archer could eventually get through the knight's tough plate without being touched. these cavalrymen are best deployed against any sort of infantry or other heavy cavalry.

Swadian Scythemen: these well armored and well trained men can be a godsend when fighting against light or medium cavalry. they use a military scythe that is powerful enough to break through most lighter armores and versatile enough to use as either a spear or simply an extra long sword. while they hold up against cavalry well, higher tir infantry and good archers can pick these men off without too much trouble. best deployed as a stationary solid line of men in the centre of your army.

Nord Throwing Axemen: these men are not the best of ranged units, having a small amount of missiles with a fairly short range. however, right before collision with the enemy lines, these axes can put a solid formation in ruins, just as the nordic infantry collide with your enemies. best deployed alongside your infantry on the offence, or in front on the defense.

Nord Scouts: the nord scout is a medium cavalry unit, and can be vital to a success over any diverse army. some carry thrown weapons, while some merely use one handed axes or swords to charge in, kill a few, retreat, flank your enemies, distract enemy archers, or many other tasks that can come in useful for a victory against a well assembled army.

Nord Jarl: the Nord Jarl is one of the greatest swordsmen in all of Calradia. wearing mail armor and using the classic Nordic sword this soldier elite can kill most other infantry with ease. best deployed as shock troops or reserves. while great against infantry, caavalry can sometimes build up enough speed to puncture through the chain mail.

Nord Huscarl:  Nord Huscarls are another elite fighting force. they will use swords, axes, spears, and pretty much any piece of good weaponry or armor they can get their hands on. when deployed alongside the Jarl, a Nord Huscarl can cause severe damage. they make good all around troops, because the axemen can kill other infantry, the swordsmen can use their large shields to get within killing distance of enemy archers, and the spearmen can stop a cavalry charge with ease.

Upcoming Troops:
Elite Faction Troos:
Swadia: Swadian Knight Commander:
These men are the best of the best in the swadian army. They wear full plate armor, and ride large armored horses. These men are the ultimate heavy cavalry, able to kill almost any infantry or cavalry troop in Calradia.
However, A group of competent archers could tear one of these knights off their horses with enough volleys of arrows.

Vaegirs: Vaegir Black Archer:
These men are trained with the bow. They wear protective plate armor, dyed black. They can easily outshoot any other archer in Calradia. However, their armor makes them slow to move, and A good cavalry charge could leave them hopelessly outmatched.

Nords:Thane:
These men are the most skilled footmen in all of Calradia. They can put down almost any soldier they meet in hand to hand combat. Their weakness, however, is that in order to use them to the full of their abilities, They have shunned using any equipment they feel uncomfortable with. Some may prefer heavier armors and protective headgear, while others will go for speed and agility, using only light armors and sometimes even their bare skin. The Thanes use spears, swords, axes, bows, and any other weapon they like.

Khergits: Mingghan:
The Khergit Mingghan is pretty much a lesser lord. The Mingghan use bows, sabres and lances with equal skill. They ride heavily armored horses, and wear the most protective lamellar they can find. The Mingghan is easily one of the very best mounted unit in Calradia. They can shoot down enemy after enemy, before pulling out their swords and lances for the final charge.

Rhodoks: Sniper: (working on a better name, will take suggestions)
These  crossbowmen are the heavily armed and armored, disciplined soldier the Rhodoks have always needed. During a siege, their accuracy with the crossbow makes any attacker -or defender- an easy target to be picked off with a heavy bolt through the skull.

bug fixed :smile: available for download now.

EDIT: my apologies. I was a little rushed. (had to get to an audition) I'll be changing up the OP now.

okay, minor flaw. starting a new game crashes the game. but then again that could just be my computer.
alright, many game crashes. I'll try to fix that.

by hitting the "cheat" option once you've finally got a new game started (sorry) it seems to have less errors. just ditch the items and disband the soldiers. you will start out with better stats, though. in the first 10-15 minutes, go slower, don't use truesight cheat, and just slow down the pace. after that the game should run smoothly, with the odd script code popping up.

Mad Skillz said:
my apologies for the quadruple post. but I needed to bump this to post a spoiler of what is to come and see if anyone can spot any flaws that could be causing my error. (remember,the sooner you help me, the sooner the mod will be released)
these are my new items. they are the only things I have changed, but I can't see anything wrong with them.
["berzerker_axe","Berzerker_Axe", [("two_handed_battle_axe_e",0)], itp_type_one_handed_wpn|itp_merchandise|itp_primary|itp_bonus_against_shield|itp_wooden_parry, itc_nodachi|itcf_carry_axe_back,
346 , weight(4.5)|difficulty(10)|spd_rtng(90) | weapon_length(96)|swing_damage(67 , cut) | thrust_damage(0 ,  pierce),imodbits_axe ],

["assassin_hood","Assassin Hood", [("hood_black",0)], itp_type_head_armor  ,0, 193 , weight(2)|abundance(100)|head_armor(1:cool:|body_armor(0)|leg_armor(0) ,imodbits_cloth ],

["assassin_knives","Assassin Knives", [("throwing_knife",0)], itp_type_thrown |itp_merchandise|itp_primary ,itcf_throw_knife, 76 , weight(3.5)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(110) | shoot_speed(26) | thrust_damage(40 ,  cut)|max_ammo(3)|weapon_length(0),imodbits_missile ],

["cloak_over_mail","Cloak Over Mail", [("robe",0)],  itp_type_body_armor  |itp_covers_legs |itp_civilian,0, 41 , weight(1.5)|abundance(100)|head_armor(0)|body_armor(23)|leg_armor(6)|difficulty(0) ,imodbits_cloth ],

["poisoned_throwing_daggers","Poisoned Throwing Daggers", [("throwing_dagger",0)], itp_type_thrown |itp_primary ,itcf_throw_knife, 143 , weight(3.5)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(102) | shoot_speed(25) | thrust_damage(55 ,  cut)|max_ammo(4)|weapon_length(0),imodbits_missile ],

["poisoned_bolts","Poisoned Bolts", [("bolt",0),("flying_missile",ixmesh_flying_ammo),("bolt_bag_c", ixmesh_carry)], itp_type_bolts|itp_merchandise, itcf_carry_quiver_right_vertical, 210,weight(2.5)|abundance(20)|weapon_length(55)|thrust_damage(60,pierce)|max_ammo(7),imodbits_missile],

["poisoned_sword","Poisoned Sword", [("two_handed_battle_scythe_a",0)], itp_type_one_handed_wpn|itp_unique|itp_primary, itc_nodachi|itcf_carry_sword_back,
264 , weight(3.0)|difficulty(10)|spd_rtng(100) | weapon_length(112)|swing_damage(85 , cut) | thrust_damage(0 ,  pierce),imodbits_axe ],

["poisoned_dagger","Poisoned Dagger", [("dagger",0),("scab_dagger",ixmesh_carry),("dagger_b",imodbits_good),("dagger_b_scabbard",ixmesh_carry|imodbits_good)], itp_type_one_handed_wpn|itp_merchandise|itp_primary|itp_secondary|itp_no_parry, itc_dagger|itcf_carry_dagger_front_left|itcf_show_holster_when_drawn, 17 , weight(1.25)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(135) | weapon_length(47)|swing_damage(40 , cut) | thrust_damage(55 ,  pierce),imodbits_sword ],
I don't see any problems....Maybe you could create the module without the new items, add them in using item editor and troop editor, then zip that? Just my suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom