Gekokujo: Submods (Announce, Release, Comment, and Suggest)

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there a way to disable the Nobori Bearers ?

As I love the Segoroku Submod, this units are just...BS.

This banners block your sight everywhere, they clip through castlewalls and gates, can hit and block you 20 meters away and do much to much damage. Besides it looks simple stupid if they wielding this huge banners fast as a spear or naginata.

I captured a "shoukin kasegi" dude, looks like a ninja with huge bow. But...tbh I dont know to which troop tree this guy belongs to ^^

Is it from the segoroku submod ? Couldnt find any hints about through search :wink:

Elfblood said:
Is there a way to disable the Nobori Bearers ?

As I love the Segoroku Submod, this units are just...BS.

This banners block your sight everywhere, they clip through castlewalls and gates, can hit and block you 20 meters away and do much to much damage. Besides it looks simple stupid if they wielding this huge banners fast as a spear or naginata.

as much as I agreed with you, but i think much work has been put to add in these nobori units and it is immersive to have them around. their weapon stands at 23 speed 480 length, their weapon flags clipped thru walls and gates yes and are deadly if you are a cavalry riding into them thinking they have no weapons and are stupid.. but once you get close, they swing really slow and are easy meat. we could probably tune their athletics to 0 (now is at 3) to simulate the carrying of bulky weapon moving slowly. ^^

the real power is behind spear wielding dudes with high athletics.. you can't get close on foot and on horse you'll be poke to death before you can say banzai..

Yes, they are currently pure nonesense.
Quite a few people have complained about this before and I'm one of them, in spite of me being the historical advisor regarding equipment for the Sugoroku sub-mod this issue has never been corrected.
They could also use a size reduction, I think Hazegawa just likes them the way they are now for some reason.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Historically, they should be worn on the back, like seen here:
1190089131d.jpg

Ichimonji Hidetora said:
Yes, they are currently pure nonesense.
Quite a few people have complained about this before and I'm one of them, in spite of me being the historical advisor regarding equipment for the Sugoroku sub-mod this issue has never been corrected.
They could also use a size reduction, I think Hazegawa just likes them the way they are now for some reason.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Historically, they should be worn on the back, like seen here:
1190089131d.jpg

Nice! With Ji Samurai carrying a small banner behind them, this doesn't seem too difficult to mod :smile:

Historically, they should be worn on the back, like seen here:  Yes I know, and of course they never meant to be Weapons.

If it could give my troops an buffs (+1 tactics for example) if I have some noboris in the Army all would be fine.
But come on, someone ever tried to wield a 5 meter long HUGE flag and hurt someone with it, and then doing more damage as a spear wielder...I dont know ^^

I do know there is lot of work in this, and the graphics are fine and all. But its still a little immersion-killing.

Sidenote, anyone knows something about this "shoukin kasegi" ?

ahseph said:
Nice! With Ji Samurai carrying a small banner behind them, this doesn't seem too difficult to mod :smile:
For the sake of historical accuracy, I would prefer the nobori to be carried on the back by ashigaru.
And indeed, it's not difficult to mod.

Elfblood said:
If it could give my troops an buffs (+1 tactics for example) if I have some noboris in the Army all would be fine.
It would be great if they could provide a bonus to morale and I like the +1 tactics idea a lot.

Elfblood said:
But its still a little immersion-killing.
I agree it's immersion killing.

Elfblood said:
Sidenote, anyone knows something about this "shoukin kasegi" ?
I don't know, I suppose you'll have to wait untill Hasegawa_Taizou gives you his answer about that.

Ichimonji Hidetora said:
ahseph said:
For the sake of historical accuracy, I would prefer the nobori to be carried on the back by ashigaru.
And indeed, it's not difficult to mod.

I was wrong. In order to mod, you need to change all the meshes of big banners and their other parts from an upright position to a lying on the ground position. And then there's the mystery of how 1x sashimono appeared for Ji-Samurai and above ranks, when sashimono item is not even inside the unit's inventory list (in troops.txt)...?! Magic?

Edit: lol I actually did it. The bearers (ashigaru) will only carry the banner for look and it cannot be used as a weapon.
rDQbrpH.jpg

resized smaller and thinner
q4wuh8h.jpg

This is a great mod !!

ahseph
how you did that ?? tell me please, looks great.  sorry for mi bad english :/
question
the spearman can have  swords for sieges ?

hey guys, glad you liked them too!

the changes are not so straightforward, don't think I wanna explain over here. if I shared my files, it kinda include some other changes i made to Sugoroku items (for my own rational version of the world).

should i make the change to Sugoroku 3.1.12 instead and ask if Hasegawa is okay with it? how does it work? coz mine is built on top of Sugoroku 3.1.12, does it offend him if i just share the files?

by the way talking about some changes I changed, i would like to ask Hasegawa: Why are Sugoroku's Soshu, Bizen, Yamato, Yamashiro, Mino, Masamune and Murasame modifiers different from Gekokujo? What are your reasons for each change to the modifier?

Additional Modifiers for Blades (Gekokujo v3.1):
Modifier       Req Speed  Damage
Masamune        -      15        -
Mino                -      8          2
Yamato            -1      8          -
Yamashiro        -      5          3
Muramasa        -        -          5
Bizen               -1      -          3
Soshu              -2      -          -

ahseph said:
should i make the change to Sugoroku 3.1.12 instead and ask if Hasegawa is okay with it? how does it work? coz mine is built on top of Sugoroku 3.1.12, does it offend him if i just share the files?

It would probably be best if you just share the files that were changed, Hasegawa won't mind.
These kinds of small modifications to Sugoroku have happened before, he'll most likely just add a link to your sub-sub-mod files so people will have more customization options for Sugoroku.
I think we all agree that more options is always a good thing, we just want people to have fun, and if that's in a historically correct way then it's even better.

As for the swords having different modifiers, I think he just wanted to rebalance them in his own way, I would have done that for sure.

Ichimonji Hidetora said:
ahseph said:

It would probably be best if you just share the files that were changed, Hasegawa won't mind.
These kinds of small modifications to Sugoroku have happened before, he'll most likely just add a link to your sub-sub-mod files so people will have more customization options for Sugoroku.
I think we all agree that more options is always a good thing, we just want people to have fun, and if that's in a historically correct way then it's even better.

As for the swords having different modifiers, I think he just wanted to rebalance them in his own way, I would have done that for sure.

I hear ya, but as there were changes in the items_kind1.txt, troops.txt and replacement of the entire nobori.brf (they all need to link for the changes to work together), I will need a base file to work on. i.e. other rebalance mods that touches these 3 files will most probably bugged these changes.  :???:

ahseph said:
other rebalance mods that touches these 3 files will most probably bugged these changes.  :???:

Yeah, conflicting mods are a common thing for any moddable game.
You could just add a note that says your mod is incompatible with other mods that modified those files.
So if people want your mod that also happens to conflict with another mod they want, they will just have make a choice between the two, I wouldn't worry about it.

Right then, without further ado, allow my small contribution to the wonderful work of Gekokujo and Sugoroku makers.

historical nobori bearers v1
Download here

As historically advised by Ichimonji, this submod allows for nobori bearers to carry the big banners (resized to be thinner and a bit shorter) on their back and cannot be used as a weapon. They will be using swords (katana) instead and due to the long stick on their back, they get a -1 to their athletics and also since they no longer use polearm as a weapon, their one-hand weapon skill will match their polearm skill. Essentially they will be the best 1-handed ashigaru troop you can get.

v1 - Based on Sugoroku 3.1.12 for Gekokujo 3.1 beta

The change for nobori bearers using swords and carrying big banners is savegame compatible but their 1-handed skill will not be updated.

Be warned: any other mods that touches troops.txt or item_kinds1.txt may bugged these changes.

1. Extract and copy all files into directory - Modules/sugoroku
2. Overwrite when prompted
3. Enjoy

All credits go to the makers of Sugoroku and Gekokujo

Thank God, at least I don't have to fight those wall hack bastards again.
PS got a screenshot of every single nobori bearer troop from all faction, but some of the guys are still holding the banner incorrectly(?)
EDIT: NVM it's because I copy pasted it manually.
EDIT 2: Seems like they are classified as archers, intended?
fnjZ0aP.jpg
UdlJgwB.jpg

KhivalrousBear said:
Thank God, at least I don't have to fight those wall hack bastards again.
PS got a screenshot of every single nobori bearer troop from all faction, but some of the guys are still holding the banner incorrectly(?)
EDIT: NVM it's because I copy pasted it manually.
EDIT 2: Seems like they are classified as archers, intended?
fnjZ0aP.jpg
UdlJgwB.jpg

Yes and no, i made the troop and item type to be ranged so that they will always spawn with a nobori and a sword but will only use the sword. I believe you can change their classification type in the troops menu, no?

Back
Top Bottom