Warhammer Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Dodes said:
get that anime out of my 40k

Someone's asking for a Cultist-chan image dump.

r9Xjj.jpg

E5Iof.jpg

rroXi.jpg

ZqeuY.jpg

Comrade Temuzu said:
I cant get Warhammer 40k Chaos Gate working on Windows 7, curses. :mad: I could swear Ive asked this before, but any other neat Warhammer games out there? I could just google it, but I trust your opinions more than google's.

Dawn of War I has plenty of mods which add factions and units. Usually overpowered crap for fanboys to tearfully jerk over. DoWPro is a pretty nice balancing mod but it only works with skirmish battles and MP of course. My favourite version to play is SoulStorm, for obvious reasons.

Chaos Gate is indeed extremely tricky to get working. I assume you know about the cultist sound effect problem that's the reason for 90% of crashes in the first level?

As to other games, Dark Omen (if you can play WHFB) is an excellent and really, really challenging RT strategy game where you must preserve your army from battle to battle. If you can get the original Space Hulk working, it's really, really good though again so ****ing hard. I don't think I ever got even halfway through the game. It's probably abandonware nowadays as it's almost 20 years old. Rites of War is really good as well, though only if you can stand both the Panzer General engine and playing as Eldar. I got to try the new Space Marine hack/slash over at a friend's place some time ago and while it didn't really impress me, he did like it a lot. If can stand extremely linear maps, go for it. At least it's not a yet-another-cover-shooter.

Hope that helps.

Dodes said:
Don't get me started on the sister of battle pictures out there, that are an abominations to the lore
You just need to find the good stuff:
TNKh0.jpg

K-64 said:
Jhessail said:
My favourite version to play is SoulStorm, for obvious reasons.

And then you claim other people don't know what a good game is?  :lol:
I PLAY IT FOR THE SISTERS!!!

Yeah, the campaign is terrible, aside from the scripted faction stronghold mission and it isn't very challenging either - I play on normal since I suck at RTS's but the skirmish battles are still fairly easy. It's not an excellent game by any means but as it my only way to satisfy my craving for some SoB, there you go.

Jhessail said:
Comrade Temuzu said:
I cant get Warhammer 40k Chaos Gate working on Windows 7, curses. :mad: I could swear Ive asked this before, but any other neat Warhammer games out there? I could just google it, but I trust your opinions more than google's.

Dawn of War I has plenty of mods which add factions and units. Usually overpowered crap for fanboys to tearfully jerk over. DoWPro is a pretty nice balancing mod but it only works with skirmish battles and MP of course. My favourite version to play is SoulStorm, for obvious reasons.

If you ever get Dark Crusade try out Firestorm over Kronus, pretty ****ing good, imo.

Jhessail said:

Chaos Gate is indeed extremely tricky to get working. I assume you know about the cultist sound effect problem that's the reason for 90% of crashes in the first level?

As to other games, Dark Omen (if you can play WHFB) is an excellent and really, really challenging RT strategy game where you must preserve your army from battle to battle. If you can get the original Space Hulk working, it's really, really good though again so ****ing hard. I don't think I ever got even halfway through the game. It's probably abandonware nowadays as it's almost 20 years old. Rites of War is really good as well, though only if you can stand both the Panzer General engine and playing as Eldar. I got to try the new Space Marine hack/slash over at a friend's place some time ago and while it didn't really impress me, he did like it a lot. If can stand extremely linear maps, go for it. At least it's not a yet-another-cover-shooter.

Hope that helps.
Cheers. Dark Omen and Space Hulk look like something I could give a go at.

Also yeah, I read about the sound bug, problem is I cant even get to the damn main menu :lol:

K-64 said:
I was more meaning the fact it is riddled with more issues than the previous expansions, namely Dark Crusade, in my experience
I think those were mostly an issue in Multiplayer? Other than the Eldar fortress bug, I haven't run into any and imbalances between units don't really matter in SP.

Ragnor said:
So... any tabletop players?

Painting and modelling only right now. I am awaiting for 6th Edition 40K to launch in the summer before I dive back into the tabletop. May as well learn everything fresh with the new edition. Supposed to see some huge changes to the game.

Back
Top Bottom