Warhammer Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Bailian

Sergeant at Arms
General discussion about anything Warhammer.

:smile:

Tuckles said:
How can the Rhodoks be Bretonnians when they don't even have mounted units to begin with?

I was talking more about the men-at-arms, with the whole large shields, pole arms and rough Armour look they give

Bailian said:
Tuckles said:
How can the Rhodoks be Bretonnians when they don't even have mounted units to begin with?

I was talking more about the men-at-arms, with the whole large shields, pole arms and rough Armour look they give

Never played warhammer but as much as I checked out pictures with google, they look to me like romantic medieval soldiers and knights (didn't see any platearmour though). Reminds me a lot of the Britain 1297 mod actually.

Which factions don't look like medieval soldiers in a medieval game. (Not counting khergit of course.)
bret2.jpg

Radalan said:
Bailian said:
Tuckles said:

Never played warhammer but as much as I checked out pictures with google, they look to me like romantic medieval soldiers and knights (didn't see any platearmour though). Reminds me a lot of the Britain 1297 mod actually.

Which factions don't look like medieval soldiers in a medieval game. (Not counting khergit of course.)
bret2.jpg

they're old models man

try this-

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440037a&prodId=prod780921

Bailian said:
is it just me, or do
rhodoks remind anybody else of Bretonnia
and swadia of the empire ?
In that the armies of both games are loosely based on some historical counterparts, maybe. But even then, they don't really share much common ground.

The Rhodoks too reminded me of Men-At-Arms.

Bretonnia was so much better before they 'inbred-peasant-dark-fantasy'-ized it.

Elenmmare said:
The Rhodoks too reminded me of Men-At-Arms.

Bretonnia was so much better before they 'inbred-peasant-dark-fantasy'-ized it.

i agree, they just look dirty and deformed now

Yeah. Breattonia used to actually look like a NORMAL feudal system.

but oh no they decided to generalize that every common man ****'s his sister.

I recently reinstalled Dark Omen, and Im trying to find a PC compatible vers (or find my old ps1 CD :/)
For shadow of the horned rat, but to no avail.

I missed the GrudgeBringers. Glad their back.

Well, no. Bretonnia is based roughly on one area, one era with a generous helping of Fantasy.

The Mount and Blade factions are from a larger area, and with some hefty anachronisms.

Aside from "Knights" there really isn't much overlap.

I always wondered ,whats your favorite faction on there?

I was always a fan of the Skaven to extents, (I find the Empire too nitpicky. Plus I always skipped the Emperors city in the old Shadow of the horned rat so he takes you "seriously")

Can't go wrong with a faction that goes

"Like like hate hate" To describe things.

:grin:

Back
Top Bottom