[M] Atlas Novus - 0.87 - New multiplayer hero troops!

Users who are viewing this thread

Harmast

Master Knight
Atlas Novus

Atlas Novus is a multiplayer mod for Warband. It is focused on extending native Warband with balanced and interesting multiplayer maps. It has all the native Warband mp maps included, so you can play your old favorites too. It also has several gameplay improvements like a new multiplayer game mode.

Feel free to try out the maps and the new features and give comments or critique! Testing the more complex game modes like siege and ctf would be greatly appreciated.

Download

Download from here: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1808

Version history

0.1 - Initial release. Contains two new maps.
0.15 - Some fixes to old maps, plus a new siege map.
0.2 - Added Wercheg Cliffs map.
0.22 - Added random day of time and some weather effects! Random weather disabled for a short while, needs some more tweaking.
0.25 - Added random snowy plains and random desert maps, large and medium variety.
0.40 - Lots of multiplayer modifications. All factions now have four troop types, all spears in the game are now throwable, and you can give out a victory cheer by pressing V!
0.41 - Minor tweaks.
0.50 - Added two new maps: Citadel and Beacons! All previous maps have correct entry points now. Added drowning (preliminary version). Tweaks to troop inventories.
0.75 - MAJOR UPDATE. Added new faction: Bandits! Added new game mode: Arena! Added two new maps: Snowy Castle and Clearing!
0.80 - Added three new maps: Khergit City, Oasis and Nord Hill Fort! Lots of fixes and tweaks to Arena game mode and otherwise.
0.83 - Added two new maps: Village and River, and Wasteland. Lots of bugs fixed and improvements added!
0.85 - Map-only release. Three new maps: Abandoned Fort, Woodland Thicket, Sarranid Town with Harbour.
0.87 - One new map: Ruined Village. Lots of fixes and tweaks to old maps. Fixed spawn points for Siege mode (and tweaked spawning for all other game modes). Re-did all outer terrains (no more cartoon hills). All factions now get a special hero troop type that only one player per faction can play! Lots of troop type tweaking and bug fixes.

List of major new features

New Arena game mode
New mountain bandit faction
New troop types for all factions
Victory cheers (by pressing V)
Defenders in Siege mode can't buy horses
Players can initially buy only one shield
Locator shields for MOTF, F&D and CTF removed
All spears can be thrown (by pressing X to switch mode)
New scene props
New equipment
All factions get new hero troop types that only one player per faction can play

List of upcoming features

To be updated later!

List of added maps

Random Snowy Plains (medium)
Random Snowy Plains (large)
Random Desert (medium)
Random Desert (large)
Serpent Outpost
Steppe Siege
Wercheg Cliffs
Citadel
Beacons
Snowy Castle
Clearing
Khergit City
Oasis
Nord Hill Fort
Village and River
Wasteland
Abandoned Fort
Woodland Thicket
Sarranid Town with Harbour
Ruined Village

List of troop types

Swadians - Crossbowman, Infantry, Sergeant, Man at Arms, Border Lord
Vaegirs - Archer, Spearman, Guard, Horseman, Bogatyr
Rhodoks - Crossbowman, Pikeman, Sergeant, Horseman, Captain
Nords - Archer, Spearman, Huscarl, Scout, Warlord
Khergits - Footman, Mounted Skirmisher, Mounted Archer, Lancer, Baatar
Sarranids - Archer, Javelineer, Footman, Mamluke, Khalifa
Bandits - Archer, Tracker, Footman, Horseman, Leader

Server

There is no dedicated server yet, as I can't host one. Hopefully someone can set one up in the near future. A server is (sometimes) up! I would be extremely grateful if someone else could also host a server featuring Atlas Novus.

Setting up a server

If you wish your dedicated server to use the new Arena game mode, insert this line into your startup script:

Code:
set_mission multiplayer_arena

To add the maps, insert this into the startup script:

Code:
add_map random_multi_desert_medium
add_map random_multi_desert_large
add_map random_multi_snow_medium
add_map random_multi_snow_large
add_map mod_beacons
add_map mod_citadel
add_map mod_clearing
add_map mod_khergit_city
add_map mod_nord_hill_fort
add_map mod_oasis
add_map mod_serpent_outpost
add_map mod_snowy_castle
add_map mod_steppe_siege
add_map mod_wercheg_cliffs

The add_map code for any upcoming map will be mod_nameofmap (with underscores for spaces).

Screenshots

Serpent Outpost

Steppe Siege

Wercheg Cliffs

Citadel

Beacons

Snowy Castle

Clearing

Khergit City

Oasis

Nord Hill Fort

Village and River

Wasteland

Abandoned Fort

Woodland Thicket

Sarranid Town with Harbour

Ruined Village

Coming soon :razz:

The maps are quite good visualy, don't know if they will play well with people. Did you make them? You could make a AI mesh for the maps, if you want to improve them.

Yes, they're mine. Tried on LAN they played quite well with a couple of people, I need more people to test with bigger battles.

They're quite unfinished yet, so I'll keep working on them. AI mesh comes at some point, once I get the hang of them!  :smile:

Anyway, server is up and will stay up for a while if someone wants to try them out.

Yes the village and fort is nice, though the serpent castle, it seems unpractical, maybe just me, dunno what you're intent was with it so i'll refrain from posting critic about that.

Please do critique anyway, I'll be glad to get all kinds of comments, good or bad! These maps are still very rough and unfinished, so plenty of room to make changes.

Adorno -- huge thanks for the screenshots, they are far better than what I would have come up with!  :smile:

CtrlAltDe1337 said:
Are these designed for siege mode?

The Steppe Siege map is specifically for siege mode, and I have a few other siege maps coming along.

Added a new map, Wercheg Cliffs. It can be played in siege mode, but be warned, it is brutal!

Most maps still need a lot of tweaking with entry points, I'm not entirely sure about siege mode entry points in particular. I have to test some of the entries needed for siege towers too, that will take a while.

This sounds interesting... These maps look really nice I must say, but anyone already tought
about editing the weather circumstances? Like in Hunt, or Invasion? That would really improve the
gameplay, especially on the little fort and village map. Well done, downloading now.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom